Logistics

(15/03/2016 14:13:19 отредактировано shmi)

Тема: Logistics

Try our new app — Logistics!

This is a simple logistic solution, which allows you to create or import orders, then distribute them among vehicles in the most rational way and, finally, track routes online as well as generate reports upon their fulfillment.

Logistics consists of two applications — web and mobile.

The web application is for operators (dispatchers). It's available on apps.wialon.com and can be added to your service in the usual manner. Besides, there's a separate point of entry on logistics.wialon.com

Mobile application is an addition to the web application. It's aimed to drivers and couriers. Android (released) and iOS (coming soon) platforms are supported. 

Google Play
Documentation
Blog

Logistics

Re: Logistics

To complement Logistic app a new feature would be great  .

Feature based on each shipment info(weight,size,m3) how many will fit on a EU pallet and how many pallets would be needed for transport.

Best regards

Logistics

Hi dear Gurtam Logistics Team,

we have a customer (the first) who realy wants to use Logistics. They deliver with 30-40 Units up to 600 orders per day with some complex rules.
They hired a consulting person to analyse their needs and help them beeing more effective and here is the list of questions regarding their needs which i personaly did not find how to solve this with Logistics. As i know that much is possible but i am just to stupied to understand it maybe you or some other readers have some comments to the needs:

1.) When driving with trucks you have to take care about the driving and pause times. Is it possible to set for example "driver can drive only 9 hours and he needs to drive not more than 4.5 hours before he needs to make a pause of 30 minutes (the lovely EU rules). At the moment we can set maximum working time but that ignores the needs of pauses....

2.) is it possible to change order of a route (or add or delete new points) when the tour already startet? (i did not find a way, but during the day it comes to the situation that something needs to be changed)

3.) it should be possible to move (drag and drop) tasks between different routes. for example route1 should go to object a but because there is no space any more the dispatcher needs to move object a to route 2. Deleting it and adding it manualy needs a lot of time and in modern html5 systems it would be cool to move it by mouse (have a look to trello.com how they solve this very cool)

4.) If a vehicle has 2 drivers on board it can work not only 9 hours but 18 hours. Can a vehicle do 2 routes per day or how can we solve this need that there are restrictions per driver but not per vehicle?

5.) a dayily problem is "blacklists" of endcustomers. They say "ok this driver we dont want to see here anymore" or "we have so heavy parcels, driver B is so perfect, please let him do our job every day"... there must be something like a negativ or positiv list that some objects should be delivered NOT by specific vehicle

6.) Is there any way to use google ETA features? Google can calculate driving time coresponding of the time of the day. Especialy in big towns its totaly different if you drive there in the morning or in the evening...

7.) our customer has some objects (30%) that dont need to be delivered "tomorrow between 15:30 and 16:00" but can be delivered "during the next 3 days". So the timeframe of delivery should be more than 24 hours for optimisation.... any idea how to solve that?

8.) where are the photos saved? is it possible to give the customer of our customer access only to HIS jobs? can notifications includes scanned delivery documents?

Uff, i think thats it.

They are delivering all kind of food and stuff to restaurants, supermarkets hotels and as i understood its realy a complex work what they are doing... Would be cool if we dont loose them to www.bringg.com which was proposed by the external consulter to use....

Best regards
Wolf.

P.s. i think you did a great job with Logistics, for me it seems that the above points are the last missing for realy complex delivery schemes....

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

Logistics

Hey Wolf

Thanks for a detailed feedback!

1.) When driving with trucks you have to take care about the driving and pause times. Is it possible to set for example "driver can drive only 9 hours and he needs to drive not more than 4.5 hours before he needs to make a pause of 30 minutes (the lovely EU rules). At the moment we can set maximum working time but that ignores the needs of pauses....

4.) If a vehicle has 2 drivers on board it can work not only 9 hours but 18 hours. Can a vehicle do 2 routes per day or how can we solve this need that there are restrictions per driver but not per vehicle?

Currently for optimization we're using raw routing data (Gurtam Maps or Google Maps). It's not easy to add rest time to this routing logic. Also it's not clear what system should do when driver was already driving for 2 hours before route and have to stop in 2.5 hours...

2.) is it possible to change order of a route (or add or delete new points) when the tour already startet? (i did not find a way, but during the day it comes to the situation that something needs to be changed)

3.) it should be possible to move (drag and drop) tasks between different routes. for example route1 should go to object a but because there is no space any more the dispatcher needs to move object a to route 2. Deleting it and adding it manualy needs a lot of time and in modern html5 systems it would be cool to move it by mouse (have a look to trello.com how they solve this very cool)

Routes in Logistics optimized by visit time. When we add new point in a middle we always have chance to overdue last point. For example, last point works until 18:00 and we can do it in time, but if we add order before it we'll need more time and can visit last point only at 19:00 when it already closed. So any modification of route can potentially broke it and make not possible to do in time.

5.) a dayily problem is "blacklists" of endcustomers. They say "ok this driver we dont want to see here anymore" or "we have so heavy parcels, driver B is so perfect, please let him do our job every day"... there must be something like a negativ or positiv list that some objects should be delivered NOT by specific vehicle

It's very interesting idea. The only problem is that currently we have no "endcustomers" in Wialon and we have no all this votes.

6.) Is there any way to use google ETA features? Google can calculate driving time coresponding of the time of the day. Especialy in big towns its totaly different if you drive there in the morning or in the evening...

Can you explain where do you want to use it? While planning you already can use Google maps routing. It requires google service, contact support if you want to activate it.

7.) our customer has some objects (30%) that dont need to be delivered "tomorrow between 15:30 and 16:00" but can be delivered "during the next 3 days". So the timeframe of delivery should be more than 24 hours for optimisation.... any idea how to solve that?

For permanent orders its not possible now. But you can copy it as single order and modify from-to period. For single orders you can use dates in intervals.

8.) where are the photos saved? is it possible to give the customer of our customer access only to HIS jobs? can notifications includes scanned delivery documents?

All photos saved on Wialon server. You can get then using RemoteAPI. Currently we have no "customers" in Wialon system, we have users and wialon user can see all files. Currently we cant send this files in notifications.

Gurtam Logistics team wink

Logistics

Hi GLT (Gurtam Logistics Team)

I believe what Wolf's customer requested are standard features of a real route/delivery optimization application and we can see such functions in competitor applications. We have to add such functionalities in my eyes.

Logistics

Shmi, also your answer is not making me very happy ;-) here comes the next question:

If using google maps API key, how many distance matrix calls are used to deliver for example 500 deliverys with 30 vehicles?
https://developers.google.com/maps/docu … trix/start
Is it 30, so one per unit, or is it 500 or even more?

Thanks
Wolf.

Logistics

(11/07/2018 11:29:30 отредактировано stal)

The width or height of the matrix should be no more than 25 cells.
For a premium key, which is passed by parameter "client" and signed with a private key, the limit is up to 625 matrix cells.
If you take into account traffic jams, the total number of cells should not be more than 100.

The optimal number of requests is calculated according to these limitations. For example, for 500 points, 400 requests should be made (25 * 25).

But as far as I remember, the number of requests is not billed at all.  Only the number of elements is counted.

The number of vehicles does not affect the number of requests.

Logistics

Hi Stal,

here comes the new price scheme from google:
SKU: Distance Matrix Advanced
A request to the Distance Matrix API or the Maps JavaScript API’s Distance Matrix Service that uses traffic information.

MONTHLY VOLUME RANGE
(Price per ELEMENT)
0–100,000    100,001–500,000    500,000+
0.01 USD per each
(10.00 USD per 1000)    0.008 USD per each
(8.00 USD per 1000)    Contact Sales for volume pricing
Each query sent to the Distance Matrix API generates elements, where the number of origins times the number of destinations equals the number of elements.

A Distance Matrix Advanced SKU is charged for a Distance Matrix API or a Maps JavaScript API’s Distance Matrix Service that uses traffic information. Traffic information is used when all the following apply (these are the conditions required to receive the duration_in_traffic field in the Distance Matrix response):

The travel mode parameter is driving, or is not specified (driving is the default travel mode).
The request includes a valid departure_time parameter. The departure_time can be set to the current time or some time in the future. It cannot be in the past.

The importand part is this:
Each query sent to the Distance Matrix API generates elements, where the number of origins times the number of destinations equals the number of elements.

So 1 Warehouse and 600 Destinations = 600 Credits, 10 Warehouses and 600 Destinations = 6000 Credits or 6 USD or 60 USD. FOR ONE Calculation.
(Thats how i understand this new billing scheme, please correct me if i am wrong).

Wolf.

Logistics

And here comes the next request / question for the mobile App:
Customer complains that the mobile app should show the Timeframe when the Goods should be delivered.
The costs are totaly unimportand for the driver who delivers the goods.

From usability the drivers said:
- first priority is adress (ok)
- second Timewindow when goods should be delivered
- third "the comments and additional informations
and than the rest.

Any comments?

Wolf.

Logistics

And here comes the next:

- when organising routes (non active) its very easy to click to the delete button. There should be a recycle bin for restoring false deleted routes.

Thanks
Wolf.

Logistics

here comes the next:

how is the fuzzy logic working when creating routes? in our tests the truck is send 100km longer way because timewindow for delivery is not fittet for 2 locations 200m away from each other. So both locations could be delivered if one location is delivered 10min later than the official time window for the price of 100km less driving.
Customer is requesting to get a warning if such situations are found... manual routing by his dispatchers sees this and handle it in a economic way (deliver 10 min later but save 100km driving)

Wolf.

Logistics

and the next:

if i plan the routing today for tomorrow and tomorrow someone calls or i need to add manualy a new job it is saved at the end of the route. if i move it to the top the time calculations are done again new but not the routing, so routing is done crazy if i change anything manualy.

how can we solve this?

Wolf.

Logistics

Hi GT

We have a customer who is a manufacturer. They want to manage their deliveries 1 month in advance. Some customers has 1 delivery per month, some 4 and some 10. It means that they deliver same order 10 times to one customer in some cases. It would be great if we can add an option in orders to tell system the repeat time of orders (permanent orders repeat every day). Another request related to this case is to plan deliveries for a month not for a day. Parameters which should be considered are: Maximum working time for a Unit/Driver, Maximum number of deliveries (some vehicles has limitation on number of deliveries). What you think?

Logistics

hello we have a customer that use some tool called  https://www.alethia.com.mx/  gives the visibility and certainty of the daily operation forr field staff in real time through an app and a web portal.
so they can create a kind of  Questionnaires, they capture in detail the information that is generated in the field activity .
the Questionnaires are created before and is a kind of fill out an application then at the end of the services they take pictures ,the sign, comments,
and they can generate a report email to the customer that the service is finished with the report inluded with the attach , like the sign, the photos. and the Questionnaire.

they are planning to migrate to logistics but they need to manage the questionarie and the final report.
is posible to do some to full the customer requirements 
thanks

Logistics

Hi GT

It's really great if you add possibility of inserting Name, Quantity, Unit Volume, Unit Weight and Unit Cost when creating orders, then system should calculate totals and do calculations based on totals. The idea is to have mentioned fields in history of each order and can execute report based on them. The best is the possibility to create a reference book for field Name.
Another function we believe is very interesting is to add different goods as an order. for better understanding of whole idea consider one customer order to a delivery company below list:

Name of Good          Quantity          Unit Volume          Unit Weight          Unit Cost

Good #1                   5                      1                            2                          50

Good #2                   7                      3                            1                          80

So the order contain 2 different goods which should be delivered to one customer. System will calculate Totals:

Total Quantity          12
Total Volume            (5x1)+(7x3)= 26
Total Weight             (5x2)+(7x1)= 17
Total Cost                 (5x50)+(7x80)=810

Then do calculations based on Totals.

This feature will be useful specially when you want to integrate Logistics with Sales Software of delivery/distribution companies. They will push each customer's orders as Order to Logistics and each invoice (or each row of invoices) will be a row in Logistics Order.

Other partners please share your valuable opinions...

Logistics

i think there must be a more flexible way of calculating such things. every customer needs different solution on calculation...

Logistics

wwbusch aka Buwo worte:

i think there must be a more flexible way of calculating such things. every customer needs different solution on calculation...

May you explain more about what you have in your mind?

Logistics

I have a customer who has already been doing their route planning using a Route Planning software.  They can export a CSV file of this.  Their output contains the truck number or truck ID already.  They would like to be able to import this file into Logistics but they don't want to have to do double work of assigning the Orders to trucks in Logistics since the Route Planning software already does it. 

Anyone have any experience with importing Orders into Logistics with the truck or vehicle already assigned in the CSV to be imported?

Logistics

Here's also useful blog about blockchain in logistics I can't find such topic on your forum, so I would like to place it here.
Does anyone have any examples from real life?

Logistics

Good evening dear,

I have a question about Logistics, I comment:

First we create an order in the Logistics web app and attach a file as an attachment (Pdf, Excel or others).

Now, in the Logistics Mobile application, I open and I can see the order with a delivery note, but imagine that I have to change certain things of that delivery note, for example, I need to add more material or more concepts that have arisen while I am with the client.
I see that the step of editing a document or shipped attached by the dispatcher could do it with applications to edit PDF, Excel or others, but I do not have the possibility to attach said edited albaran and send it to my office with the changes that I needed to make while I was with the client.
Logistics software only supports loading an image but does not support loading a file or document as the case presented in the example?

It is important that you comment, because there are several clients that will use the Logistics application whenever they can edit a delivery note and send it to the dispatcher and this to the accounting department to issue the invoice with the corrections made by the operator, otherwise they tell me it will not be useful for them. Orders may vary when they arrive at the customer and the operators must be able to attach said delivery notes (files) and send them to the dispatcher.

Can you tell me, please, if at any time Logistics Mobile will be able to upload a file or document?

I hope to have explained the concern that customers have about the application. I imagine that other partners have similar experiences with their customers and add to this update requested by our customers.

Thank you

Regards,

Logistics

Hi ,

Any possibility to add below columns to logistics report ?

+ Actual Wait time ( At each delivery point)
+ Departure time  ( From each delivery point)

Sint

Logistics

Hello

Idea from customer.

They need to visualise cargo area something like this.
http://www.easycargo3d.com/es/planifica … -cargo.png

Logistics

Here are some client ideas from last week’s meetings.

1. Barcode reading option for driver app. Where you can take the signature and picture, the client would like to see 4-th option and that’s barcode scanner.

Currently logistics can see that let's say 10 packages are assigned to the driver but logistics can’t see did the driver actually scanned 10 packages and put them into the truck or maybe driver left some packages to the warehouse and started the delivery route.

When driver picks barcode option then there are 2 options – pickup and delivery. If he is picking up the package he will scan the barcode and the information is updated to logistics view and assured that the package is picked up from warehouse by the driver.

The second time the driver picks barcode option he takes the delivery option and scans the barcode when the package is delivered. Logistics will see what time the package was scanned in the warehouse (picked up) and what time it was delivered.

2. Signature for client document. Currently signature option opens “paint” screen and you can give signature by drawing on the screen. Basically client is giving signature but he does not see what he is signing.

For example the washing machine was delivered. So the client can upload their own invoices or proof of delivery documents and the client will sign the document.

Currently the client is giving signature but he does not see what he is signing. Was it a washing machine or something else that he confirms that he got with signature? The signature would need to go to the client document and saved in the system.

Sample here: https://blog.webnersolutions.com/wp-con … second.png

The electrical company, for example, needs to have the option to delete or add items, like 100m cable was installed and if the client asks to install 2 extra lamps the technician can add that to the uploaded document or in form on spot and take the signature that 100 m cable was installed and also 2 additional lamps were added and now client signs the document.

Logistics

Hello

Different clients need to upload their own Proof of delivery (POD) documents. Every company has their own form, some drivers need to write text to blank rows, some technicians have to tick the options what was done and these documents signed by the client and sent with attachment to logistics.

Every single client asks: "Can we upload our own Proof of delivery (POD) documents"

Logistics

Agree with you,

CarCops Autovalve пишет:

Hello

Different clients need to upload their own Proof of delivery (POD) documents. Every company has their own form, some drivers need to write text to blank rows, some technicians have to tick the options what was done and these documents signed by the client and sent with attachment to logistics.

Every single client asks: "Can we upload our own Proof of delivery (POD) documents"

Sint

Logistics

Hi Riko and Yasintha! CarCops Autovalve, ysv

Thanks a lot for your request.

No matter what format (checked checkboxes in the list, filled in form, text) does the proof of delivery document possess, it will always be a file of some format.

Let us figure out this particular use case of Logisitics Mobile:

1) The driver comes to a client, gives them the order.

2) The driver fills in the proof of delivery document, the template of which is located on the mobile phone. (Is my understanding correct here? Or do they fill in the template of POD document on paper?)

3) If point two is correct, the driver saves the filled in template on the mobile phone.

4) The driver wants to upload it in the application when approving the order.

Is the described use case valid? Do drivers usually have all templates of POD documents on their phones? Can their be a case when the fiil in both paper documents and e-documents?

I appreciate your answers to have a better idea of what is requested.

Maria Starikova,
Wialon Hosting Product manager, Gurtam