*NEW*: App for Public Transport

Re: *NEW*: App for Public Transport

aressun, sure! Please, take a look at your private messages))

Katerina Alexandrova
Product Manager (Mobile)
Gurtam

Count me in too.

Count me in also Alek, I will get the word out to some customers!

Onwards and Upwards!!
Knowledge, data & information is power!

florin1, FleetPursuit, OK.

Katerina Alexandrova
Product Manager (Mobile)
Gurtam

(24/06/2017 08:45:50 отредактировано hhamedk)

We have some requests from customers looked for such application. I tried to summarize their requirements and combined them in my mind with what i know from whole Wialon system. Here is the result:

Web Application
-    Ability to register Bus Company details (containing custom fields) and binding buses to each company
-     Rating sub-system for each bus ach whole company based on company’s buses function in system considering criteria like number of completed routes per day, on-time arrival and departures, ECO-Driving etc. (violations and penalties may be defined like what we experience in ECO-Driving in Wialon)
-    Fetching unit’s data like Maintenance, Profile, Fuel Consumption, Custom Fields and sensors from Wialon
-    Defining stations detailed information including name, code, location (Lat & Long), type, address, station custom icon and photo, radius, custom fields etc.
-    Defining routes detailed information including name, type, code, stations and their sequence, mileage, width, custom fields etc.
-    Defining terminals detailed information including name, code, location (Lat & Long), type, address, terminal custom icon and photo, radius, custom fields etc.
-    Ability to use stations in more than one route
-    Ability to use stations in one or both route direction (A-B or B-A)
-    An ability to detect route direction (A-B or B-A) based on visited stations sequence
-    Total mileage and in-route mileage report for each bus and each company’s fleet
-    Monitoring and searching fleets by bus, route, region, online/offline, bound driver etc.
-    Pop-up detailed information for each bus on map including bound route information, number of completed routes and other parameters like Wialon’s pop-up
-    Reporting bus door status and count (including locations)
-    Notification and reports on bus schedule violations, crossing station without stop, number of passengers between two stations, time between bus departure from parking to arrival to route start point, time between bus departure from route finish point to route re-start point etc.
-    Full integration with Wialon Notifications and Reports modules
-    Smart analyzing of trips duration between stations and using it for ETA in system
-    Simplified customizable panel/application (like Sensolator) for display bus, ETA, previous/next bus in route, notices etc. in stations monitors

Passengers smartphone application:
-    List of routes, stations and each route stations and terminals.
-    Next bus ETA in selected station
-    Estimated trip time between selected stations

Excellent addition with real potential for us.  Looking forward to the release.  I agree with several of the comments concerning ETA's and ability to share real time status against schedule with riders. API to agencies customer facing application is common requirement.

Alek- Would be interested in beta testing- have some prior experience with such application type and may be able to get a customer to commit to early testing. Thank you and keep up the good work. - Greg

Pls add Automatic Passenger Counting into the UI

=============================
Intermodal Telematic Service Provider

Please count us in as well.

Alek,

Good to know that Wialon is working on such a app, we are currently working with some bus service providers, their expectation is to get the ETA info, are you planning this in the new app.

(23/07/2017 16:32:18 отредактировано ahmad104)

Hi Gurtam Team,

Thank for releasing the beta NimBus. It is a good effort. Here is my comment.

1. NimBus should allow importing of routes (not only bus stops) from kml/kmz. This allows easier migration from our existing system as we already have all the info/data.

2.Since we defined the buffer for the bus stop, e.g 50 meters, that bus stop is supposed to be good for both ways (inbound and outbound trips). The problem that I have with the beta is that the auto-created route seems to follow GIS routing. If the bus stop lat/long is on the other side of the street, the route will make necessary turn-by-turn navigation to get to the point. In my opinion, bus stops and routes shall be independent. This way, we can control the route easily.

4. NimBus should add the capability to set additional parameters in order to speed up the creation of schedule:-
- First Bus Service e.g 06:00
- Last Bus Service e.g 22:00
- Service Interval e.g 00:30
Then the schedule will be tabulated according to the selected pattern.

4. Please add a custom field for us to display data from our preferred Automatic Passenger Counting (APC) System. The APC data should be displayed in the monitoring panel within the line view.

Cheers!

Hi Gurtam Team

Do you release the New App? Please provide me access to it.

Hi Gurtam Team,

NimBus is potentially a good app to monitor delivery trucks (scheduled or unscheduled) using line view, in addition to map view of the monitoring panel.

Could you add Truck as an option to choose in NimBus?

Cheers!

Hello GE,

We are also looking for the passenger information system to integrate with WH. I suggest you to contact this display board company (http://data-display.com) Daktronic. If gurtam could provide the inclusive solution for the those kind of system, that would be good for like us (without software engineer).

GE пишет:
shal пишет:

- small PC-board, like raspberry (~$30)
- connect it to monitor like on the picture (~$70)
- do all the installations and wrap it beautiful in the bus (~$200)
+ develop software that run on linux-board, connect to Wialon via API and render this page via HTML (one time fee)

So, $300 or let say up to $600(EU price) per bus and you have such solution for your customer.

Hello Shall
your solution is very good on technical point of view , but for company  like us ( without Soft engineer ) i was thinking that if it was possible to have few manufacturer of GPS Device  able to include a part of your proposal like connexion on Wialon API  and deliver information on our own Display . In this case ,it could be easier to propose a complete solution to the customer and also a lot of customer doesn't like to pay two Sim card on the same véhicule.

Hello tigerjump2016 !

We are planning to add this option in the new version of NimBus app. We have several solutions, so we need to decide which one is the best.
We will notify you, if there is any development in it.

Best regards,

Maksim Shvets
Business Analyst
Gurtam

(24/07/2017 16:31:22 отредактировано shve)

Hello ahmad104 !

Now only 4 types (Bus, Trolleybus, Tram and Route taxi) are available for selection. We do not add Truck as a new option to choose in the current version of NimBus app. But, may be, in the future we will return to this question.

ahmad104 wrote:
Hi Gurtam Team,
NimBus is potentially a good app to monitor delivery trucks (scheduled or unscheduled) using line view, in addition to map view of the monitoring panel.
Could you add Truck as an option to choose in NimBus?
Cheers!

Best regards,

Maksim Shvets
Business Analyst
Gurtam

alek, We were who asked first time for test and seems you want to consider us the last!

Hello hhamedk!
You could try to use Beta stand of our app.
We sent you message in skype. A little bit later we will send a message to webmail.
We apologize for waiting.

Waiting for your feedback))

Maksim Shvets
Business Analyst
Gurtam

Looks very good !
Would be happy to to participate in testing ,let us know when we can

Sint

ysv , sure! Please, take a look at your private messages)

Maksim Shvets
Business Analyst
Gurtam

Shve ,

Thanks , Replied.
Regards,
ysv

Sint

Hello,

Is this app integrated with the passengers module so we can track passengers too?

Thanks

Hello montasser

NimBus does not integrated with the passenger module.
Could tell me why do you need this feature?

Regards,

Maksim Shvets
Business Analyst
Gurtam

shve пишет:

Hello montasser

NimBus does not integrated with the passenger module.
Could tell me why do you need this feature?

Regards,

Well, we are using Passenger module in School bus tracking and I think integrating both modules (Nimbus and Passenger) can make a great app for schools to track students, drivers and buses in a single app. Nimbus can be used to track the behavior of each driver and also the bus, Passenger module to track the students.
Thanks

montasser ,

Thank you for the idea!
We will notify you if there is any development in it.
If you have any further suggestions, we will be glad to hear them.

Regards,

Maksim Shvets
Business Analyst
Gurtam