GPS Tag features requests

Re: GPS Tag features requests

vestigodata пишет:

We are planning to connect hardware to device with GPSTag software.
For that we need GPSTag API. Is it exist? If not, Can You create it?
It will bring possibility to connect any software with GPSTag, to send data to Wialon serwers. With this API we can create own sensors for GPSTag Android devices.
Simple example of use case: hardware SOS button connected via bluetooth to Android. There will be our app which will send data to GPSTag, and than this info will be send to Wialon servers.

The latest version of Wiatrack Pro offers public intents for external apps to start/stop the service or to save locations. The documentation is "under progress". So if someone have interesting scenario to hook up external apps with a tracker - write me. I will try to help to do it.

(01/06/2015 16:10:03 отредактировано rosandic)

I have two questions/requests for features which are of interest to end users:

-Prevent the app from being uninstalled - application for parents to watch out for their children. So this application cannot be removed by the child. Make it uninstallable or the user need password to remove that application.

-Panic button (SOS Alarm message) - multiple times press hardware button or Android widget. The current solution is unusable - A person under stress, can not look deep into the menu to find the option to send SOS message.
Triple click on home button to trigger panic and send sms to specified numbers.
Android widget to send SOS alarm is also a better solution than the existing.

(01/06/2015 12:12:34 отредактировано wwbusch aka Buwo)

rosandic пишет:

I have two questions/requests for features which are of interest to end users:

-Prevent the app from being uninstalled - application for parents to watch out for their children. So this application cannot be removed by the child. Make it uninstallable or the user need password to remove that application.

on IOS you need to disable deinstallation of programms. its a simple IOS function.
(also it would be good to have an in-app password for change of configuration, for example disabling the service etc.)

by the way, on IOS you can simple "switch it off" with the taskmanager.

on Android you can have better background services, but than your battery is empty after a few hours.

for children tracking in my eyes the wrong solution. When using IOS, just use "find my friends" function, that does not use too much energy and works extremly perfect.

-Panic button (SOS Alarm message) - multiple times press hardware button or Android widget. The current solution is unusable - A person under stress, can not look deep into the menu to find the option to send SOS message.
triple click on home button to trigger panic and send sms to specified numbers

How should that work? There is no explicit "Hardware" Button on Android! There is even no standard "Home" Button.
Also "Loudness" Buttons are not "Blockable" in OS.

Using Wialon Tag is for "professional" users who have the app open all the time, never for "emergency" scenarios. For this you have a professional gps hardware with motion sensor, fall down alarm, call in function, big sos buttons and so on and so on.

Wolf.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

(01/06/2015 12:36:53 отредактировано kalaschnikow)

wwbusch aka Buwo пишет:

There is no explicit "Hardware" Button on Android! There is even no standard "Home" Button.

There are at least three hardware buttons on every "standard" Android device: Power, Volume+ and Volume- . So it is possible. If it makes sense to implement SOS button this way... is another question smile

wwbusch aka Buwo пишет:

Also "Loudness" Buttons are not "Blockable" in OS.

Why should it be blockable in the OS? Can you please explain what you mean?

Is or will Wialon be making this available for use on Windows CE platform?

We have a client who has their own using Windows CE platform as this is the platform that runs their application on the CN15O Intermec devices.  The drivers already carry this device for the purpose of POD’S and would have been good to have the tracking incorporated given it also uses gsm technology via a sim card.

If you were able to have the wialon & GPS Tag app compatible with CE Mobile it would almost eliminate the whole national need for the use of their current solution and inbuilt gps devices for subcontractors and company drivers.

Be interested in your thoughts regarding this.

Thanks,
Alan.

Onwards and Upwards!!
Knowledge, data & information is power!

GPS Tag is not availavle for Windows CE
I wrote more detailed answer in your dedicated new topic.

Viktor Yarovenko
Business Analyst
Wialon

Hi,

We have had a customer that is using GPS Tag on iPads.

They brought up a good point and I believe it would be useful:

The sound used for the message notification in GPS Tag is a default one and unchangeable.

If that is the case, can we suggest perhaps to maybe add this ability in a future update and making it changeable, as there are more suitable audible notifications available for aged (older and hard of hearing) drivers. ;-)

Is something that can be added in future updates so that the notification sound can be chosen by user?

Thanks.

Onwards and Upwards!!
Knowledge, data & information is power!