New features in CMS for Users Tab

Тема: New features in CMS for Users Tab

Hi GT

Recently you have added Batch editing of Accounts feature in CMS and that is very useful for system administrators. That would be great if you add same feature for Users also.

Another idea is to add below properties of Users in CMS list view of users in a way that administrator can change them without opening User Properties Window:

- Can create items
- Can change password
- Can send SMS
- Enabled
- Can change settings

Re: New features in CMS for Users Tab

Anyone from GT?

Hello dear Hamed hhamedk,

I apologize for such a long delay in answering. I would like to ask you a few questions about your 2 ideas:

1) Add batch editing of Users
Can you please tell me what user settings should be available for batch editing? For accounts, for example, the following settings are available: Add payment or days; Block/activate; Change billing plan.
2) Add properties after the list of all users. The idea is not yet very clear. Could you describe the sentence in a little more detail or take some screenshots so that the meaning is clear?

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

Hi mana! I try to explain

Can you please tell me what user settings should be available for batch editing? For accounts, for example, the following settings are available: Add payment or days; Block/activate; Change billing plan.

I believe below settings can be added:

- Host mask
- Can create items
- Can change password
- Can send SMS
- Enabled
- Can change settings
- Notify about account blocking by email

Add properties after the list of all users. The idea is not yet very clear. Could you describe the sentence in a little more detail or take some screenshots so that the meaning is clear?

Please take a look at the screenshot I have taken from Accounts list. You see that there are some buttons in the list that help you to control or query some information from account without opening its properties. Let's talk about the Status button. You can easily click on that and change the status of account (block/unblock it). What I have proposed is same feature for below user's properties:

- Can create items
- Can change password
- Can send SMS
- Enabled
- Can change settings

This way you can easily click on a button and change any of those setting for a user. In some systems they call it "In List Edit".

Please let me know if my explanation was useful for you or not.

• New features in CMS for Users Tab

Hamed hhamedk,
Thanks for the explanation. Now I understand your request completely.

I have added the request to the list of suggestions for product development, but I can't give you an exact date of implementation yet. As soon as I have any news, I will let you know in this thread.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

(17/05/2023 11:20:51 отредактировано v.sioros)

Dear all,

I've been notified that a recent update has has some unexpected implications. More specifically,  when creating a user and unchecking the "Can edit settings" tickbox, the user should not be able to view any additional menu tabs. Considering this, our users should not be able to see the "User" menutab, but they can. Attaching screenshot for your reference. Please advise.

Given that this is the first time that I'm using the forum I may be misguided in stating my question here. Please excuse me!

Thank you

v.sioros the Users tab can only be hidden if the relevant Service in an Account properties is disabled:

pach пишет:

v.sioros the Users tab can only be hidden if the relevant Service in an Account properties is disabled:

Let me provide you with some context. We an account with Dealer rights that we want to have user creation capabilities in order for us to add new users in the future. We have created users using this account. These users we don't want to be able to create new users of their own. I think it is a quite simple use case that should be supported. The parent user (paired with the aforementioned account) serves as an admin user of sorts and thusly should be able to create new users. The child users should not. It is a quite common paradigm in software and I don't see what the greater issue is.

It could be implemented even as a "Can create users" separate option in the CMS.

Thanks

v.sioros пишет:

These users we don't want to be able to create new users of their own.

Disable the Can create objects option in the General tab of a user's settings: