Fuel Consumed Columns Summary/Statistics

(27/11/2019 21:04:40 отредактировано Fernando Brochetto)

Тема: Fuel Consumed Columns Summary/Statistics

Hello,
We used to control vehicles with FLS in other platform, but now we have started using inside Wialon.
The equipments are Omnicomm Optim and Fuel Level Sensor LLS4.

The first thing we realized was that the values of fuel consumed wasn't matching in both platforms, the reason was simple: Engine Hours and Trips reports were only calculating the fuel consumed in the periods of trips or engine hours. The difference was almost 15% in volume in some cases, this is a lot because these sensors have high accuracy.

Using the report Summary, every information were coming right, but it doesn't have columns like Engine Hours With/Without Movement and the Fuel Consumed With/Without Movement (these last columns exists in Statistics tables). The fuel consumed from this report is the most accurate for us and you can see by comparing the fuel consumed with the fuelings.

Also, it would be great if we could have the calculator inside the Statistics table because here in Brazil we use km/l instead of l/100 km and without it, the only average we have is from trip reports.

• Fuel Consumed Columns Summary/Statistics
Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

Re: Fuel Consumed Columns Summary/Statistics

Hello GT,
Any news?

Fernando Brochetto

Hi Fernando, Fernando Brochetto.

First of all, let me apologize that it took us so long to give you some feedback on your request.

In regards to your post I see that basically there are two requests that you have:

1) View 'Consumed by FLS', 'Engine Hours With/Without Movement' and 'Fuel Consumed With/Without Movement' information in one report. All these columns are presented in the Statistics report.

In regards to the fuel consumed information, these data should be the same in columns 'Consumed by FLS' in Statistics and Summary (use 'for whole period' setting in the report template) reports.

In case data in these reports do not coincide with one another, please send an e-mail to support@gurtam.com with the screenshots and description.

---

If my understanding of your request is wrong, please provide more details.

2) Use calculator inside Statistics report.

As you might already know, the Calculator functionality is not presented in Statistics, Video and Images reports. The main reason why we are not able to add Calculator to Statistics is that different parts of this report are technically different tables. As long as currently calculator can only be used within 1 table, we cannot add it to Statistics.

If you want to calculate the l/100 km value, use the Summary report (as long as we have figured out that the fuel data this report shows is fine for you).
---

Fernando, here is one small favour that I would like to ask you for: I see that you are very active on our forum and bring in a lot of new ideas that potentially could make our product better, so it would be great if you can describe your ideas the way outlined here.

By doing so you help us understand your request better, respond quicker and help you more effectively.

I will be very happy if you give us more details about your request and provide more real-life scenarios that I am sure your clients encounter. Any information on how our product is utilized helps us make a decision on whether the provided request is worth being implemented or not. Thank you!

Maria Starikova,
Wialon Hosting Product manager, Gurtam

(27/01/2020 16:48:43 отредактировано Fernando Brochetto)

Hello mars, thank you for answering.
I'll try to describe better my ideas.

Problem:
The consumed volume by FLS it's different when consider by Engine Hours, Trips and Summary reports. The value that our clients uses are provided by the summary report only, but it doesn't have many metrics as the others.

The value:
As shown in the first screenshots, there is a significant difference happening when you use the values of consumed during the engine hours or trips to summary, probably caused by the imprecision of the FLSs during the vehicle with engine off. The right value theoretically to use was the difference of the inicial and final value of the fuel level + the fueled volume, so it would be possible to have the right average from the fleet. This value already exists and it's on the summary report, but as I said before, the report doesn't provide the metrics of consumed volume with/without movement neither engine hours with/without movement, so that will be possible to calculate the average wiht/without movement.

It's possible to use the engine hours/trips, but the difference of the real total consumed volume will reach many times around 10%.

Idea:
Adding the fields of consumed volume with/without movement and engine hours with/without movement (for whole period) in the summary report.

Users:
They will be able to calculate the average of the vehicle with/without movement for the whole period.

-

About Statistcs, the problem is basically the same, the averages aren't based in the calculation from the whole period. Our priority is the columns in the summary report.

Fernando Brochetto

Fernando, Fernando Brochetto

Fernando Brochetto пишет:

Problem:
The consumed volume by FLS it's different when consider by Engine Hours, Trips and Summary reports. The value that our clients uses are provided by the summary report only, but it doesn't have many metrics as the others.

So as far as I understand, your client views the value of consumed fuel by FLS in the Summary report as the right one and besides this would also like to view the values of Engine hours with/without movement and Fuel consumed with/without movement in the same report.

---

What I say is that value of Consumed fuel by FLS should be the same in both the Summary report and the Statistics report. Whereas the Statistics report also have the values of Engine hours with/without movement and Fuel consumed with/without movement, I suggest you use the Statistics report.

If you notice that value of consumed fuel by FLS in the Summary report does not correspond the one in the Statistics report, please send the issue to support@gurtam.com.

Maria Starikova,

Hello mars,

So as far as I understand, your client views the value of consumed fuel by FLS in the Summary report as the right one and besides this would also like to view the values of Engine hours with/without movement and Fuel consumed with/without movement in the same report.

Yes, that's right, because in summary we can run the report with group of vehicles and can manipulate some collumns in the calculator, but let me try to explain it again in a different way why we need these columns in summary:
We used to monitor fuel in Omnicomm platform, the platform from the trackers and sensors we use. This system can only calculate fuel consumption like the summary report:

Fuel Consumed = Fuel Fueled - Fuel Theft +  (difference between the inicial and final volume)

The way that trips and engine hours calculate the fuel consumed is different and are the only reports that contain columns with engine with/without movement and fuel consumed with/without movement. Without these columns in the report summary we can't calculate some averages like average with movement (km/l and l/h) and average without movement (l/h).
in the screenshot and excel file I'm sending, you can notice the difference of fuel consumed and averages between both platforms: the values we believe that must be used are the ones that is coming from the Omnicomm, because it consider the total volume of the fuel filled in the vehicles and the difference is slightly high.

Опубликовать вложения

Иконка вложений Report.xlsx 11.65 Кб, файл был скачан 203 раз(а) 

Fernando Brochetto

Hello mars,
Any news?

Fernando Brochetto

Hi Fernando Brochetto,

After another round of explanation here is a brief summary:

1) the data on consumed fuel in the summary table and statistics are correct for you, but using the summary table is a priority as a) it has the calculator to calculate the averages you need and b) it can be applied to a group of units.

2) I will note down your idea on adding columns Consumed by FLS in motion/Consumed by FLS without motion and Engine hours (In movement)/Engine hours (Idling). Basically, these are two additional columns in the table with numerous of other columns. And here is the thing: we are adding the columns that will only make it 'heavier' to work with reports for an absolute majority of users, but may be useful for 1 or 2. With this said, we want to be more careful with adding something that will be not utilized actively.

3) you still can use the Statistic table for the necessary operation: although with the limited functionality (only for 1 unit and all the mathematical operations will need to be performed in the exported file), it has all the values you look for.

Maria Starikova,

1) the data on consumed fuel in the summary table and statistics are correct for you, but using the summary table is a priority as a) it has the calculator to calculate the averages you need and b) it can be applied to a group of units.

Exactly!!!

although with the limited functionality (only for 1 unit and all the mathematical operations will need to be performed in the exported file)

Yes, for the clients we are using FLS now, won't be possible because they have lots of vehicles.

I will note down your idea on adding columns Consumed by FLS in motion/Consumed by FLS without motion and Engine hours (In movement)/Engine hours (Idling)

Please, take into account.
Thank you mars!

Fernando Brochetto

Hello mars,
I found another case where I need to have the values of fuel spent without movement, please look the screenshot.
Today we started installing FLSs in Concrete Boom Pumps. These trucks have two engines and two fuel tanks (it's like two vehicles in one). The problem is that from CAN bus we can only get the engine parameter from the tank of the principal engine, the engine from boom pumps we are not having parameters.
The only place this fuel spent appears is in statistics table: fuel consumed without motion or the total value in summary report.
Another thing is that the only place this fuel appears separated is in the reports by units: by groups appears only the total volume of the fuel.
Is there any way of making appear the values from both fuel sensors in reports by group?

Fernando Brochetto

Hello mars, do you have any news about this topic?

Fernando Brochetto

hi, Fernando. Fernando Brochetto

this request is noted down, but it is not approved for development so far.

Maria Starikova,

(27/07/2020 20:06:34 отредактировано Fernando Brochetto)

Hello mars, thank you for the feedback, hope you can find an way to implement something soon. Today we are only giving info about fuel consumption for clients from summary reports.

Fernando Brochetto