Report Period Inside Calculator

(18/12/2019 15:34:04 отредактировано Fernando Brochetto)

Тема: Report Period Inside Calculator

Hello,
We have some requests that using the value of the period of the report should solve the needs.

Uses:
When the client wants to know the percentage of which the vehicle was with engine on:
(engine hours*const100)/duration of the report

The time with ignition off:
period of the report - engine hours

Percentage that the vehicle wasn't working:
(duration of the report - engine hours)*const100/duration of the report

Availability:
duration of the report - duration of the maintenances

Mean time between stops/parkings/maintenances:
(duration of the report - total duration of stops, parkings or maintenances)/number of stops, parkings or maintenances

Could this metric be added inside calculator?

• Report Period Inside Calculator
Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

Re: Report Period Inside Calculator

Hello Fernando Brochetto,

thanks for your proposal.
Please, add some cases from real life when such information in the report help to solve a particular issue?

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

Hello mana ,
Yes, for example this week I've visited a client that works with forklifts. He needs to avoid unnecessary stops with the units and requested a metric to control this:
Knowing the mean time between stops he could manage it.

The forklifts are many times stopping on places that they shouldn't and if this metric have a high value, it means that they are working more and stopping less.

For them too, the vehicles must work almost 24 hours, controlling the percentage of the engine hours is a great metric to know which vehicles aren't being used.

Fernando Brochetto

Fernando Brochetto,

I noted your request in backlog. We need more examples, when this information will be useful, and the support of other partners to increase the priority of the task.

Also, you can try to use such parameter as Utilization in Engine Hours table, which shows the percentage ratio of the duration of engine hours to engine hours rate (engine hours divided by daily engine hours rate indicated in the unit properties in the Advanced tab). You can set the daily engine hours (for example, 24 hours), calculate utilization and then, using the calculator, find the percentage of time when the vehicle was not working. Maybe, this will allow you to solve some tasks.

Please, try it and give your feedback.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

Hello mana,
I explained some metrics that could be used before:

Percentage of which the vehicle was with engine on:
Many people prefer to get the data in percentage instead of time, the only way of doing this is using the duration of the report.

Also, you can try to use such parameter as Utilization in Engine Hours table, which shows the percentage ratio of the duration of engine hours to engine hours rate (engine hours divided by daily engine hours rate indicated in the unit properties in the Advanced tab). You can set the daily engine hours (for example, 24 hours), calculate utilization and then, using the calculator, find the percentage of time when the vehicle was not working. Maybe, this will allow you to solve some tasks.

If you use this metric in a day that is not complete or an interval that isn't filled with whole days, it won't work properly.

The time with ignition off and it's percentage:
The same client asked for this value cause some units works almost 24 hours, so engine off sometimes it's a better metric for them.

Mean time between stops/parkings/maintenances:
Knowing the mean time between an event is very important cause you'll know in average, the time that the events happen. For maintenances, for example, you can use this metric to know which vehicles in your fleet are the most problematic and you can also be prepared for the services.

For the parkings, like I said before, the client will use to control the productivity of the forklifts in a different way: they cannot do many stops and the stops must have a big interval between each one, cause if they don't, the drivers are unnecessarly stopping during the trips.

These are just some metrics that I found usefull, probably with the duration of the report the partners will be able to get more.

Fernando Brochetto

Fernando Brochetto, thanks for additional details.
I will let you know when there is news at your request.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

Thank you mana smile

Fernando Brochetto

Hello Fernando Brochetto,

I am pleased to inform you that we have added the ability to display the beginning and end of the period in a report.
Now, using the Calculator, you can display information about the report beginning, end, duration and use them to calculate additional necessary metrics.
More information can be found here.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

hello mana
thank youuuuu, I'm going to use it right now smile smile smile

Fernando Brochetto

(23/06/2020 15:25:59 отредактировано Fernando Brochetto)

It's working mana thanks!!!!
New design of calculator is perfect!!!

Fernando Brochetto