Custom Counter Values to calculate Toll tax Paid

Тема: Custom Counter Values to calculate Toll tax Paid

I need to calculate the amount of toll tax paid by a vehicle using geofence notification.

Whenever the vehicle is crossing a particular Geofence, I am saving an event with text - "Toll Gate A Rs. 30" in the unit history. Later I am retrieving a report for event using a text mask - "toll". This gives me a list of all toll taxes paid by the vehicle.

Now, in the report, there is an option of grouping by total. In the present case, the total shows the count, i.e. number of times the "Toll **" event has been generated.

If we could set the counter values as per geofences --
Meaning --
Say Vehicle crosses Geofence A, event counter is increased by 30 (instead of 1)
Say Vehicle crosses Geofence B, event counter in increased by 25 (instead of 1).

So when I fetch the evnt report with text mask - "toll", I get the list of toll tax paid and the counter total at the bottom shows me the total tax paid so far (for the interval in question.

Can you do this? - Add a custom counter whose value increase per event can be set by the user?
Please refer to the screenshot - I have used a text mask "arrived" to generate this geofence event report.

Re: Custom Counter Values to calculate Toll tax Paid

Hi,

having not many categories of geofences by toll tax you may create an individual notification for each one with text containing "toll_30", "toll_25", etc. Then add Events tables with appropriate filters. That's not the best solution but you won't get all data mixed in one table.

Developer
Gurtam

Yes, we can do that. But the problem is toll_25 or toll_30 are text fields. So they won't add up to toll_55 if the vehicles cross these to notification areas. The counters are numeric variables, hence they can be added up.

I can generate an events table with all the toll related events stored in unit history by geofence notification. But I cannot get a sum total value of the toll tax paid for a certain time interval, say today morning 06:00 hours to 12:00 hours.

Is there any other way using which we can increase a variable by a preset value (specified in either geofence or notification properties)?
All I need here is either a user created variable (or parameter). Can you guide me on that?

Ok, i meant you'll be able to calculate the amount of toll tax manually for each table, and then sum up values.

Another possible solution is to rename geofences to their corresponding toll tax value (e.g., 25 or 30) and leave %ZONE% parameter without any additional information in notification text.

This way you''ll have a set of toll tax values in Event text column of just one Events table. Then you may export report to Excel and calculate the total sum of cell values.

Developer
Gurtam

OK, That can be a solution. But that will need excel work - the data will not be readily available on the report.
I will do it according to your suggession.

Meanwhile, please register my request for creating custom parameters in unit properties. Similar to milage counter, GPRS counter.

BTW, I don't need the GPRS counter. Can I work out some method by which whenever the vehicle crosses a geofence - the GPRS counter will be incremented by a predefined value (say 25 for some geofence, 50 for another geofence and so on).

Please create us a ticket in GHS to get access to the partners section of this forum.

Then i'll ask you to open a new topic there and describe once more what functionality you want to add. Other Gurtam partners will have possibility to vote for it. If the proposal is enough actual, developers will work to implement it. I'll help with translation to Russian.

Developer
Gurtam

OK Duig. I'll create a ticket ASAP. :-)