Charts in Reports

Тема: Charts in Reports

Hi,

There are two issues that we encountered, since both are related to charts, I put them together in the same post.

The first one is about the position of charts in reports. May I know the reason of the position of charts for always being at the bottom of tables? This does not seem as a big issue but it is actually limiting the users from generating the reports in the way they prefer. The customers, especially will not be possible to stick to something that is not meeting their requirement -- eg. they want to see a chart at the top of other elements (tables) in a report. Please consider allowing the chart position to be adjustable. If not, maybe you could enlighten us on how to explain to the customers about this issue.

The second one is the 'N/A for Duration' found in chart. It happens for some violations/events such as Overspeed and Idling. Please refer to the attached file for screenshot. It shows a violation in term of 'Idling', but there is no value available for 'Duration'. We can get the duration of Idling from, say Engine Hour table, but why not in charts? It looks weird if the values can be found in one place but not another next to it. Please allow the charts to collect values of 'Duration' like tables do.

Please let me know about your opinions regarding the above cases.

Thank you.

• Charts in Reports

Charts in Reports

Re: Charts in Reports

cs.lee, to change the order of tables and charts use arrows in front on names (see on the screenshot).

As I see, you write about a tooltip to a marker with type "Event". The event may be registered by notifications or by hands. Any event has the following elements: description, date, location. When the event is registered by notification, it has no duration as it is registered as soon as detected before the event is finished. Notifications are a tool for fast reaction on any happening. That is why we cannot show duration there.
But thank you for your attentiveness. You helped me to find a bug. Instead of N/A duration in tooltips Location field should be. We will correct it soon.

• Charts in Reports
Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Charts in Reports

Hi tata,

Thank you for your response.

In the same report template, I have tables and chart. I drag the chart up till the first of the list, but the report result shows the chart at the bottom. I have contacted the support team regarding this and been told that charts are always at the bottom, hence the suggestion to make it possible for users to adjust chart position in a report.

Thank you.

• Charts in Reports
  • Charts in Reports

Charts in Reports

cs.lee, seems you are right. It's reasonable to see results in the order they are set.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam