Ideas regarding Fleetrun enhancement

Тема: Ideas regarding Fleetrun enhancement

Dear community,

below you can specify your requests to make Fleetrun a better up. You also have a chance to create a new topic in this section if you think the idea deserves one.

Maria Starikova,
Wialon Hosting Product manager, Gurtam

Re: Ideas regarding Fleetrun enhancement

mars Hello Masha

First of all, great app; visually very pleasent to look at and work with. Magnitudes more easy to work with than using the old system for maintenance.

You asked for comments/suggestions/etc. Here are a few:

Right now, a user can know how many vehicles are available and how many are in service. For services in progress, it would be interesting to be able to put an estimated completition date. The idea is that in this way, a fleet manager can see theoretically how many vehicles will be available tomorrow, in 3 days, in two weeks, etc based on the estimated completion date. I know that this would be just theoretical of course because 10 trucks could break down 5 minutes after checking the info but an estimate is better than nothing. It could help plan for renting extra trucks (capacity) in case a shortage is predicted. This happens for some of my clients who sometimes need to rent extra capcity.

A question I have is how long the records are stored for? 3 months like the position data?

Thank you

Robert

(21/11/2018 13:17:57 отредактировано mars)

RobertoS пишет:

Right now, a user can know how many vehicles are available and how many are in service. For services in progress, it would be interesting to be able to put an estimated completition date.

Dear Roberto,

thanks a lot for such a positive feedback.

Let me first answer your question and then I will ask mine smile

Regarding data storage we will do our best to support storing data in Fleetrun for up to 5 years so that our users are able to analyze data for long periods of time. The most vivid example here would be comparing fleet costs for e.g. 2017 and 2018 years.

Now moving to your suggestion.

Generally it is great, I will put it down for further research. There is a couple of questions I am interested in:

1. Is estimated date of service completion based only on the idea of a fleet manager? Or he might have some data to judge upon/is it provided by the workshop mechanics?

2. Is such a plan for vehicles in service equally actual for small (up to 10 vehicles), medium (up to 70 vehicles) and large (more than 70 vehicles) fleets of your clients?

Thank you!

Masha

Maria Starikova,

mars пишет:
RobertoS пишет:

Right now, a user can know how many vehicles are available and how many are in service. For services in progress, it would be interesting to be able to put an estimated completition date.

Dear Roberto,

Regarding data storage we will do our best to support storing data in Fleetrun for up to 5 years so that our users are able to analyze data for long periods of time. The most vivid example here would be comparing fleet costs for e.g. 2017 and 2018 years.

Generally it is great, I will put it down for further research. There is a couple of questions I am interested in:

1. Is estimated date of service completion based only on the idea of a fleet manager? Or he might have some data to judge upon/is it provided by the workshop mechanics?

2. Is such a plan for vehicles in service equally actual for small (up to 10 vehicles), medium (up to 70 vehicles) and large (more than 70 vehicles) fleets of your clients?

Thank you!

Masha

Hello Masha

I would say that five years would be just wonderful! When will we have confirmation of that and as a side question; what is the current storing duration that I can tell my clients?

To answer you:

1. This would be given by the workshop mechanics. The clients for whom this capacity prediction is interesting have their own workshop to do their repairs and maintenance. So the information comes from in-house.

2. The two clients so far that would find this useful are in the medium and large category.

To be clear, this is not a requirement they have emitted but working closely with them and knowing how they operate, I know that such an option/info would be appreciated.

Hope this helps you

Robert

RobertoS пишет:
mars пишет:
RobertoS пишет:

Dear Roberto,

Thank you!

Masha

Hello Masha

I would say that five years would be just wonderful! When will we have confirmation of that and as a side question; what is the current storing duration that I can tell my clients?

To answer you:

1. This would be given by the workshop mechanics. The clients for whom this capacity prediction is interesting have their own workshop to do their repairs and maintenance. So the information comes from in-house.

2. The two clients so far that would find this useful are in the medium and large category.

To be clear, this is not a requirement they have emitted but working closely with them and knowing how they operate, I know that such an option/info would be appreciated.

Hope this helps you

Robert

I appreciate your answers, Roberto.

As for the period of data storage, we do not limit it currently. The official information that is provided in our blog says that it is 5 years. In case anything changes in our plans, you will be informed.

Maria Starikova,

Great presentation today and great potential.  I encourage adding a couple of custom client fields to solve to the services tab to enable solving individual needs, examples categorizing types of services, recording vendor names or invoice numbers, ATA codes, etc.for reporting purposes. Seems would be quite simple enhancement .  Please consider.

(22/11/2018 16:45:48 отредактировано mars)

fleetlogik пишет:

Great presentation today and great potential.  I encourage adding a couple of custom client fields to solve to the services tab to enable solving individual needs, examples categorizing types of services, recording vendor names or invoice numbers, ATA codes, etc.for reporting purposes. Seems would be quite simple enhancement .  Please consider.

Thanks a lot for participating in the webinar!

What concerns adding custom fields for a service, you can provide additinal service information in the Description field. It is available for each service and further on is visible in the service list and in reports.

Maria Starikova,

Hello Mars... We would like to be able "to edit" a closed/done service, this is in case we forgot to include an expense or we did a mistake with the informatrion we typed.  Hope it will be possible.

Congratulations with this development, we are very excited to get the most of it...

Best regards !

jhdeguate пишет:

Hello Mars... We would like to be able "to edit" a closed/done service, this is in case we forgot to include an expense or we did a mistake with the informatrion we typed.  Hope it will be possible.

Congratulations with this development, we are very excited to get the most of it...

Best regards !

Dear Jary,

thanks a lot for your suggestion, I have put it down for further analysis.

Dear community, do you believe that functionality of editing the closed services can be useful?

Maria Starikova,

mars пишет:
jhdeguate пишет:

Best regards !

Dear Jary,

thanks a lot for your suggestion, I have put it down for further analysis.

Dear community, do you believe that functionality of editing the closed services can be useful?

Hello Masha

Yes, that sounds like a good thing indeed.

Hi, It would be interesting to be able to carry trailers as well as trucks and drivers with their license expiration dates and safety courses.

Regards

Uruguay пишет:

Hi, It would be interesting to be able to carry trailers as well as trucks and drivers with their license expiration dates and safety courses.

Regards

Dear Gabriel,

thanks a lot for your suggestion. I am noting it down for further analysis and will return to you as soon as I have some news or feedback.

Maria Starikova,

jhdeguate пишет:

Best regards !

We support editing/deleting closed service ,if some errors has been made it can not be undone.We made wrong service and now it cant be deleted.

Best regards

Dear aahero, RobertoS, jhdeguate,

in regards to deleting and editing closed services I have the following question: do you believe there should be special rights given to users to perform these actions?

It seems that if any user can edit or delete such services, there is a possibility for manipulations that fleet managers may not want to allow.

Maria Starikova,

mars Wrote:

in regards to deleting and editing closed services I have the following question: do you believe there should be special rights given to users to perform these actions?

Despite I didn't request this function, but I believe there should be special right for that not to give any user access for that.

mars пишет:

It seems that if any user can edit or delete such services, there is a possibility for manipulations that fleet managers may not want to allow.

Hello Masha

Indeed, that is something I have considered. You are right in your thinking. Ideally there should be different levels/access rights given to each user. For example only allowed to enter information but not edit, allowed to enter information and edit.

Robert

mars пишет:

Hello Mars... for sure, it has to be "authorized users ONLY".
Regards,

Jary Hernandez

Hello Mars...

Awesome!  We love the new features...It will be nice if you include the "Total Cost Column" for the "Archive" services as well.
Best regards,

Jary

Dear Jary! jhdeguate

Thanks a lot for the kind words.

To tell the truth there is small technical constraint on adding Cost column in the Archived services, that's why as a first step we have added it to upcoming and in progress services only.

As a solution I can suggest you using reports for archived services that give an ability to view the total cost of a service as well as cost of the line items included into it.

Maria Starikova,

Hi Mars

Thanks for adding Fleetrun, it's a great application.

What i think would work better (Specially with clientes with very large fleets) is to be able to use the same unit group vehicles that are in Wialon software. We have 3 clientes with very large fleets and all 3 asked me this action.

Thanks a lot for your services.

mars, I think spare parts with unique codes and warehouse which is a container of spare parts in system are really usefull for Fleetrun. Please consider adding such functionalities to it.

alan Sch hhamedk,
thanks a lot for your ideas, I am noting them down.

Most likely I will contact you some time in the future to elaborate in more details regarding the requests.

Maria Starikova,

hello
if i have fuel sensors on my fleet to capture and monitor fuel
please confirm if in the future i  can I get cost as part of the motor vehicle cost and it can build up to my Cost per KM t
How can I allocate the mechanic/ engineer to the service job.
is it also possible to print service job cards in fleet run
if i have my motor vehicle service costs line per line  how can i Import the data from excel file to fleet run

Dear alwanyaga,

I appreciate your suggestions.

Let me please comment on each of the point one by one:

1) Fuel to contribute to cost per km - we are currently analysing the possibilities of receiving fuel data from Wialon. There are no forecasts at the moment whether this functionality will be implemented.

2) You can specify mechanic's or engineer's name in the Description list for the service. The Description field is available in the reports and xlsx export. It means you will be able to enter this data and later also have them externally.

3) The ability of printing services cards directly from Fleetrun does not exist in the application, however you can try exporting services to csv file and print it in any Excel-like system.

4) Could you please share with me the example of such a file? Please send it to mars@gurtam.com. It would help me understand the requirements more clearly as we have many requests of this kind.

Thanks!

Maria Starikova,

Hi,

in Finland we have this: https://servicehistory.online/

Any ideas from it to Fleetrun?

BR, Kalle