driving times in monitoring

Re: driving times in monitoring

wwbusch aka Buwo ,

Thanks for the answer.
I will wait for a comment after your meeting in January.

Maksim Shvets
Business Analyst
Gurtam

locationGPS ,

Thank you for the answer. I read your previous topic, but now we analyze the idea to add a date and time of the first driver (unit) activity.

Do not be upset smile
We remember about your proposal to add driving times, stop times and km done during the day by route. But it is the tricky task, and we need more time for it.

Could you give me more information on the following questions:
- You wrote that you need to get a data during the day.
What is a day for you: It is 24 hours or it is a calendar day?
- I think you have a situation when drivers start to work at the night. So, if driver started to work at 10 p.m. and finished to work at the next day, when we would need to reset the data: driving times, stop times and km done?

Maksim Shvets
Business Analyst
Gurtam

Hi Maksim.

uff, long time ago and still super actual and importand for us, let me attach my little technical task with request to comment.
(and dear other Partners, read carefully and comment).
(shit can not upload PDF file here, will attach pictures)

Thanks
Wolf.

ok, here is dropbox link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pd0l3c5of0xeb … E.pdf?dl=0

• driving times in monitoring
Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

(13/02/2018 09:08:38 отредактировано hhamedk)

Hi Maksim.

uff, long time ago and still super actual and importand for us, let me attach my little technical task with request to comment.
(and dear other Partners, read carefully and comment).
(shit can not upload PDF file here, will attach pictures)

Thanks
Wolf.

ok, here is dropbox link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pd0l3c5of0xeb … E.pdf?dl=0

Great, everything is clear and seems interesting. Thanks for your proposal.

Hello
Good idea from wolf..still waiting for this tool as we are losing good part of the market.
The idea fits our needs.
Dispatcher must see times fast way to choose which truck can they give next load, which one has enough and too much hours.
Just make an idea a person controlling a lot of trucks receiving calls the whole time and calling at same time giving trips.

Just an idea, it could add here the chart about driving times: http://prntscr.com/ieb0nu

sorry about the drawing but i think the idea can be understood.
this would be good to be sincrhornized when displying the rout so I could click in the stop or driving column and this would be shown in the map route displayed....

Locating things

wwbusch aka Buwo ,

Hi Wolf,
Sorry for being so slow with the answer.

Firstly, thanks for the additional information on this theme.

You have good ideas, and almost all of them are clear, but I need a small clarification for one point:
1) "Start of working":
You described a situation with a tacho. So, I need more detailed information how will we have to analyse this time ("Start of working") in different cases:
- if a driver does not have a minimum rest of 9 hours during last 24 hours.
- if we do not have a tacho.

When you give me all information, I will suggest you our solution for these ideas. smile

Maksim Shvets
Business Analyst
Gurtam

one important thing....are you only thinking this tool for tacho installed HW???? not also for basic devices ¿

Locating things

shve пишет:

wwbusch aka Buwo ,

Hi Wolf,

You have good ideas, and almost all of them are clear, but I need a small clarification for one point:
1) "Start of working":
You described a situation with a tacho. So, I need more detailed information how will we have to analyse this time ("Start of working") in different cases:

When you give me all information, I will suggest you our solution for these ideas. smile

Hi Maksim,

i know that this is a problem as there are so many solutions on the road that does not have same HW as we use in "Europe".
I think we have 3 different situations:

1.) Vehicle has a digital tachograph and is in the EU driving --> we need to use the EU rules for this which means:
"A start of work = the first time the digital Tachograph switches to "Workmode" (there is a statusparameter that is 0,1,2 or 3, all above 0 = working mode) AFTER a UNINTERUPTED TIME OF 9 Hours in Mode0. I know, this works only if driver is using the same vehicle and not switching between vehicles. This (seldom) situation will not be solved. So lets think driver is always on the same vehicle.
To answer your first question: if driver had NO pause of 9 hours the working start time is again after the first pause of 9 hours. (i would set the search window to 24 hours. if he had no pause longer than 9 hours in last 24 hours i would write "unknown" or so.

2.) If there is no tacho we can use the standard schemes of Wialon, manual connection of driver to a vehicle and than i would use following algorithm:
"Working-Starttime= if vehicle changes location (trip detection) the first time after a pause of 9 hours in the last 24 hours where pause= vehicle is not moving". I think this algorithm has to be checked with other partners if it makes sence.

3.) No driverinfo: no working start :-))))

Wolf.

wwbusch aka Buwo ,

Thanks for the explanation. Now it is clear smile

We reviewed 3 of 4 ideas which you shared with us.
Point "Timeline in monitoring" was not reviewed. The reason is as follows:
- Firstly, I understand that it is one of the essential features for you but the information, which you need, can be obtained only by request "exec_report". We added new limitations "No more than 200 executions within 5 minutes by a user from one IP address" not so long ago. It was the necessary measure because we needed to reduce the load on our servers.
What did I want to say...each graphical tool for each unit will call request "report/exec_report". That's why a user will reach this limit quickly. And of course, we will face a high load of servers again, if every user wants to have this graphical tool.

One good news that we will add minutes to "Engine hours" in one of the nearest updates.

Maksim Shvets
Business Analyst
Gurtam

Hi guys,

I agree with all until now and I noticed that is lack of notifications in real time, about ending of driving work hours! Now it is only in monitoring, red color and number of minutes, but only when someone look on that. For big fleets it is inpossible to track it and to notice it to driver! I talking firstly on solution with tacho HW (but notification is also replicable for other versions).

Is it possible to add this in near future?

I notice that all truck companies has problem with monitoring working time, or to stop driving on time, and there is lot of solutions, but all are for reporting, no one for notifing, before problem occures, what can be sold very, very easy......one step for lot of vehicles. They are all waitting first solutions provider and as I know, international tracking companies in Europe is already going in that way and if they finish it fast they will collect most of truckes!

Thanks.
Sasa

sralmaks
Hello Sasa,

Thanks for your proposal. We added it to our backlog.

Unfortunately, "Driver's activity" option is not popular now. Only 3-4% users use this option. That's why we have to sure that a new feature will be useful for most users.
Maybe some of the partners want to join to the discussion. We will glad to hear your opinion about the new notification "Driver's activity".

Best regards,

Maksim Shvets
Business Analyst
Gurtam

Hi

Drivers activity/truck activity in monitoring panel is one of the most important point for most of truck companies. They need to see, in a few seconds, if their driver has already reached the timing drive or how many hours can still do today to decide if they assign the travel to this driver or to another

I think that if this info is only show when somebod puts mouse in the vehicle, the limit of 200 /min and IP will not be reached, but you have to think that a fleet manager with 40 trucks needs to do this about 100 times per day...easy functionality for this would be great...if not, they use reprt 100 times...so the load of your servers is the same but user see it as more complex to use.

i stoped requesting better "Driver" Quickview informations. We will do it by ourself...

Hello alexismr,

It seems that we can solve your problem right now.

When you indicate the checkbox "Driver's activity" in the User Settings dialog, information on driver activity will be displayed in the unit or driver tooltips as well as in the extended unit information.

Thank you for worrying about our servers smile

Maksim Shvets
Business Analyst
Gurtam

(01/03/2018 18:44:09 отредактировано sralmaks)

shve пишет:

sralmaks
Hello Sasa,

Thanks for your proposal. We added it to our backlog.

Unfortunately, "Driver's activity" option is not popular now. Only 3-4% users use this option. That's why we have to sure that a new feature will be useful for most users.
Maybe some of the partners want to join to the discussion. We will glad to hear your opinion about the new notification "Driver's activity".

Best regards,

Hi Maksim,

what this "Only 3-4% users use this option" telling you? We know that every truck produced on European market from 2010. has digital tacho and that AETR standards are in use and penalties are high and then no one is using.....for example, we don't use it (we are in 96-97% nonuse users) . Why? Because we can not sell it, implement it on few thousands of truck already at our accounts, they need it and we need to give them functions and to say someone "just look in monitoring"...... You developers need to put in skin of that owner of truck company or his dispecher for 24h, try to do what he does and you will see that this "wonderfull function" is unusable, because you need to have 120sec in 1 min so you can catch all info you need to make decision in next step!

Until you don't realize that much of yours users will use this option, before Nimbus and Logistics, then konkurent systems will already finish this all functions needed for easier truck transport.

P.S: We have one taho unit with digital tachograph for few months and we will stay on that untill I can prove someone that this HW + SW can help him to save time, or his driver to save money, not to get penalies, because now it is only cost, not investment!

Hello!

The thing is that I am very interest in this new info..I am 11 years in the Fleet management market and only 2-3 % uses driving times.

Could you share with us what are the main interests of the 97 % of those clients???

Maybe all this years I was looking for the bad customers!

As an improve, Gurtam experience in so many different markets. it would be good to have a list of the main services we could offer clients.

from the most demanded to the less demanded:

I think, like this we can have 2 advantages...not losing time asking for a development...and ideas to sell as new services.

Like:

1.- Actual position
2.- track displayed
3.- Complain SW provider
4.-
5.-
XXXX-´Driving times

Thanks

Locating things

locationGPS пишет:

Hello!

The thing is that I am very interest in this new info..I am 11 years in the Fleet management market and only 2-3 % uses driving times.

Could you share with us what are the main interests of the 97 % of those clients???

Maybe all this years I was looking for the bad customers!

As an improve, Gurtam experience in so many different markets. it would be good to have a list of the main services we could offer clients.

from the most demanded to the less demanded:

I think, like this we can have 2 advantages...not losing time asking for a development...and ideas to sell as new services.

Like:

1.- Actual position
2.- track displayed
3.- Complain SW provider
4.-
5.-
XXXX-´Driving times

Thanks

Hi locationGPS,

thanks for your opinion, but as you said that 97% is without that option at yours customers - main question is are your and yours customers good informed about new possibilities (are you ready and have you "know how" to put tacho unit and this automatic driver work hours in work in any vehicle). Also, it is not same what are 97% from what - what number of vehicles we are talking or customers, that is not same also!

Next important thing, are you in Europe distributor, because this is only for European market. Last, but not least, we was last year 2017. first biggest expanding company on Gurtam list for Europe - so our experience is realy competitive - you must agree! "Maybe all this years I was looking for the bad customers!" - I'm 15 years on Fleet Management field...maybe I can tell you what you need, so you can be first in Europe this year, I would like to share good results, we don't want to be first again wink

On the side that we are main supplier for our main and biggest comunity of international truckers - maybe we know how they are thinking and working, no?

I'm going to tell you all, if you want to offer: ".- Actual position, 2.- track displayed,3.- Complain SW provider" then you are on the same field as 100% competitor on the market........I'm teling about functions which can offer only best fleet management providers.

For the end - I'm not wasting development resourses, I just want to give point where this wonderfull function wasn't finished and that there is needed a little work more to be complet solutions! For now it is finished 85% and it is usefull 2-3% as you said......think about it!

Thank you

Hello guys,
I support you 100%. I have been watching the post of locationGPS for one year. But nothing change to now. That is sad.:(

Now  Cric booth Just Starting  PSL Live Streaming free and Update about All Matches

Hi sralmaks,

My post was for Gurtam....

It is curious but they also told us we were the first expanding company in Europe last year....

I will play with the tools Gurtam give us...

It is the only option that I see.

Regards

Locating things

wwbusch aka Buwo пишет:
shve пишет:

wwbusch aka Buwo ,

Hi Wolf,

1) "Start of working":

Hi Maksim,

i know that this is a problem as there are so many solutions on the road that does not have same HW as we use in "Europe".
I think we have 3 different situations:

1.) Vehicle has a digital tachograph and is in the EU driving --> we need to use the EU rules for this which means:
"A start of work = the first time the digital Tachograph switches to "Workmode" (there is a statusparameter that is 0,1,2 or 3, all above 0 = working mode) AFTER a UNINTERUPTED TIME OF 9 Hours in Mode0. I know, this works only if driver is using the same vehicle and not switching between vehicles. This (seldom) situation will not be solved. So lets think driver is always on the same vehicle.
To answer your first question: if driver had NO pause of 9 hours the working start time is again after the first pause of 9 hours. (i would set the search window to 24 hours. if he had no pause longer than 9 hours in last 24 hours i would write "unknown" or so.

2.) If there is no tacho we can use the standard schemes of Wialon, manual connection of driver to a vehicle and than i would use following algorithm:
"Working-Starttime= if vehicle changes location (trip detection) the first time after a pause of 9 hours in the last 24 hours where pause= vehicle is not moving". I think this algorithm has to be checked with other partners if it makes sence.

3.) No driverinfo: no working start :-))))

Wolf.

Agreed 2.) as we do not have Tachograph like Europe does.

Primarily our transport and logistics customers are in real need to manage rest times within 24 hour periods. Government is cracking down and changing regulations for safety more and more.

Onwards and Upwards!!
Knowledge, data & information is power!

Hello,
I would like to also join the discussion. We also need this solution urgently for our customer with 170 trucks.

Thanks.
Michal