WiaTag

Re: WiaTag

A good MDM software will solve the most (if not all) of you problems smile But it costs money...

WiaTag

Gurtam Team, are you agree with kalaschnikow?

WiaTag

With setting on "standard" is anyone able to provide me with a "general/indication" of the data volume used based on a 12 hour day.

Realise a number of variables need to be taken into account, so just a rough idea is all we need based on above, this would be very helpful.

Thanks.

Onwards and Upwards!!
Knowledge, data & information is power!

WiaTag

Hameed ,

If you use a MDM software it will be more successful as you will have very good control of  users Mobile devices.
You can partner with a good MDM platform and provide a combined solution to your clients.
Yes , it will cost money but worth what you are paying for.

hhamedk пишет:

Gurtam Team, are you agree with kalaschnikow?

Sint

WiaTag

Hi there

We faced a problem with last version of WiaTag. We set data collection to continues mode and data sending continues mode. But, the application doesn't send data automatically. collect data and store in black-box and user have to press black-box unload button.

If other partners faced same problem please share here.

Gurtam guys please check

WiaTag

(30/05/2017 11:03:36 отредактировано Pavel Bushuyeu)

Hi hhamedk

will check and come back to you

UPD: the bug is confirmed

Pavel Bushuyeu
Product Owner, Mobile
Gurtam

WiaTag

(30/05/2017 11:44:04 отредактировано Pavel Bushuyeu)

Regarding your previous question on MDM software:

The aim of the mass market mobile devices and operating systems is to secure customer’s daily device usage. Hence we, as an application developer, won’t be able to:

- force the device to be turned on if it is charged
- prevent uninstall
- force share of device’s location
- force open of the application
- ‘hide’ the application

The functionality requested does not lie in the domain of WiaTag, or any other application in that matter. Hence, Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution is indeed sounds as what you are asking for.

Pavel Bushuyeu
Product Owner, Mobile
Gurtam

WiaTag

hhamedk пишет:

Hi there

We faced a problem with last version of WiaTag. We set data collection to continues mode and data sending continues mode. But, the application doesn't send data automatically. collect data and store in black-box and user have to press black-box unload button.

If other partners faced same problem please share here.

Gurtam guys please check

We checked all data sending modes and found the issue only in the "By timeout" mode on devices with Android 7.0+. Fix will be available in the next update as soon as possible.
If you found issues in other modes please contact us to development@gurtam.com with log files.

Mobile Development
Gurtam

WiaTag

We have discovered one thing that would be a valuable enhancement.

When staff member used for a short trip of about 2km (on foot) and turned WiaTag off upon return, it still showed them located 400m from office.

Standard setting was chosen for mode. As black box was not due to upload messages at the time they remained in black box.

Maybe it would benefit with automatically send all messages on turning off.....?

Onwards and Upwards!!

WiaTag

FleetPursuit пишет:

When staff member used for a short trip of about 2km (on foot) and turned WiaTag off upon return, it still showed them located 400m from office.

Standard setting was chosen for mode. As black box was not due to upload messages at the time they remained in black box.

Maybe it would benefit with automatically send all messages on turning off.....?

We recommend you try:
- change option "data sending": reduce timeout
- оblige a staff member before service off - unload blackbox

Denis Strakh, Gurtam

WiaTag

stde пишет:
FleetPursuit пишет:

We recommend you try:
- change option "data sending": reduce timeout
- оblige a staff member before service off - unload blackbox

Yes this was the initial thought but we must look at from customer perspective.....not good if they need to rely on their workers to do it manually.

Onwards and Upwards!!

WiaTag

ок, your proposal will be added to the product backlog.

Denis Strakh, Gurtam

WiaTag

Hi there

Is it interested for other partners if Gurtam add an option to WiaTag sending LBS data even while user disabled GPS from Android setting?
Most of customers asked us such a function.

WiaTag

Hi everyone

It's more convenience if you do a simple Window application that users can creat configuration file with it and save it (like most hardware configuration programs). Then they can use saved file in Wialon commands. We know that WiaTag configuration file is more simple than most HWs but for end users it will be useful.

WiaTag

hhamedk пишет:

Hi everyone

It's more convenience if you do a simple Window application that users can creat configuration file with it and save it (like most hardware configuration programs). Then they can use saved file in Wialon commands. We know that WiaTag configuration file is more simple than most HWs but for end users it will be useful.

Hi Hamed,

as some alternative way user can set up Wia Tag app with required settings on phone, then use option "Share Configuration" ("Remote control" - "Share configuration" ) to copy JSON configuration in file

Diana Cheley
Wialon Hosting Expert
Gurtam

WiaTag

and this file can be send simple by command to other devices.

But still i must say: i have installed Wiatag now on doozends of devices and every time i need to think again what i need to configure how.
In my eyes its still not "Enduser-Ready"!

I think for "providing" WiaTag to Endusers there must be a config link or config QR Code we can end to the user and he scans it and the device connectes to correct account and downloads pre-configured configuration!

Maybe a good theme for discussing at the Show in Minsk :-))

Wolf.
P.S. in our Whatsapp Group we still think that the Android Version is buggy with unloading the blackbox!

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

WiaTag

wwbusch aka Buwo пишет:

and this file can be send simple by command to other devices.

But still i must say: i have installed Wiatag now on doozends of devices and every time i need to think again what i need to configure how.
In my eyes its still not "Enduser-Ready"!

I think for "providing" WiaTag to Endusers there must be a config link or config QR Code we can end to the user and he scans it and the device connectes to correct account and downloads pre-configured configuration!

Maybe a good theme for discussing at the Show in Minsk :-))

Wolf.
P.S. in our Whatsapp Group we still think that the Android Version is buggy with unloading the blackbox!

Yes, I would have to agree Wolf, we too are having difficulty in finding a simple solution workaround for end-users. Usually end-users have limited tech understanding, that's why they come to us after all.

Over the weekend I looked at what the "Share configuration" in-app option did, thinking that maybe it sent/exported a configuration file that could be emailed....didn't appear to do anything as nothing was attached to the email - then even it one was how is end-user to utilise? Maybe we do it wrong....?

Are still promoting GPS Tag as it is a lot more user-friendly, to promote WiaTag I fear will potentially create extra strain on our tech resources unnecessarily.

ideally we wish to actively promote WiaTag as appearance alone presents better marketing as also additional benefits over GPSTag.

Onwards and Upwards!!

WiaTag

We are playing with some people and analysing the stability of WiaTag. Smart Mode on my BV6000 Android 7 device is not very smart, it just send after 30km or so, sometimes after 10. Than it sends fine.
If i use the default config it just stores the messages and dont send. Needed many tries to find a config that blackbox is unloaded.
On IOS my blackbox is at all not unloaded.

I love WiaTag and the ideas behind, i also know that "supporting so many different Android Versions" is a problem. And background on IOS is also a problem. But there are two really needs:
- it must run stable
- it must be documentated in a way that WE can understand it out of the box without doing "reverse engineering" of how to find a configuration that works always
;-)

Please dont kill me in Minsk dear WiaTag Developers! Its constructive critics ;-)

Wolf.

WiaTag

Hi wwbusch aka Buwo,

We do test on multiple Andriod devices. Please, contact development@gurtam.com with more details on the problem as messages should be sending in a default config. The same applies to the documentation: please tell us more about the places that confused you.

Many thanks for the active participation, Wolf.
No offense taken, throw more!

Pavel Bushuyeu
Product Owner, Mobile
Gurtam

WiaTag

Hi Pavel,

its complicated :-) at the moment we are trying to find if its HW problems or some system services disturbing WiaTag.

We will analyze and send you more infos.

Wolf.

WiaTag

Pavel, did you test already with IOS11? Since IOS11 i get a total anoying blue notification bar in the top of the phone which tells me all the time that WiaTag is using the location. I also did not find any place to disable this warnings...

Any idea?

Wolf.

Hi there
I am Ashkan from GGRCO soppurt team
i have a problem with wiatag app (test device is Samsung Galaxy Tab A and android version is 5.1.1)
the problem is that app doesn't get or send position point automatically

WiaTag

Hi Ashkan, did it do before and you only upgraded?
How did you configure it? Default Config? Standard? Active? Do you see messages in the Blackbox? What happens if you click to "unload the blackbox"?

Or did it happend after update? Did you check the new version which came yesterday into play store?

In General we found that "smartmode" on devices without good 3G sensor is working bad. So better switch it to GPS mode.

Wolf.

WiaTag

wwbusch aka Buwo,

that is an operating system notification that location is being used:
https://gadgetstouse.com/news/ios-11-bl … -bar/60192

Pavel Bushuyeu
Product Owner, Mobile
Gurtam

WiaTag

(04/07/2017 15:38:21 отредактировано hhamedk)

Hi there

May Gurtam add a parameter as an extra parameter in WiaTag to check if location source On/Off. When this parameter changes put it to message and send to Wialon. This way we can find when the user turned on/off GPS (location service). This will help as Mock Location helps us now.