Best Practise Fuel Consumption Settings

Тема: Best Practise Fuel Consumption Settings

Hi ,
Can someone recommend what should we set in Fuel Consumption > Fuel Filling / Theft detection to get the accurate reports ? We are using an analog FLS sensor.
See my current settings for the Device ,

Thanks

Sint

Re: Best Practise Fuel Consumption Settings

ysv пишет:

See my current settings for the Device ,

Pls show current settings...

Eduard Vald / GoGPS Service
www.gogps.eu

Sorry ,
See attached.

• Best Practise Fuel Consumption Settings
Sint

This is another one

Sint

Hello, Yasintha.
Accurate settings should be done for each unit separately. It is unclear, how exactly it moves over the time and what exactly problems do you face in reports. For example if it has long idling periods it's better to choose time-based consumption and fillings/thefts detection. Maybe you should write to us at support@gurtam.com with detailed description of the issue - we will surely help you out of this.
BR

Hi ,

Thank for the reply ,

This is a moving vehicle with a 60L tank (Double Cab) , Most of the time I get accurate reports but when the fuel level is low (around 15-20L) and if the vehicle is climbing a mountain it gives wrong fuel filling information.

Sint

YSV,

did you try "filtering" over time? as i remember there is a parameter where you can set a filter which just ignores some jumping...

i think there are so many parameters, so really best to write support and they fit the perfect configuration for you.
dont forget to share the configuration here for other users for the future!

Wolf.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

Hi Wolf ,

You mean "Filtration level" ? Yes Ive set it to 4 . greater the value I miss some actual filling.

Sint

hm,
analog fls should not jump so much. maybe you can switch off filtration and post a chart here with the time frame where it jumps so much?

Wolf.

Hi Wolf ,

Please see the screenshots.
Thanks

Sint

One more

Sint

hm, looks very strange. on first graph you have some times where it is always jumping to 0.
is there really a 0 value in the raw data? did you check that? analog fsl should not send 0 as voltage, looks for me that something wrong with the sensor or the reading... what HW tracker do you use?

and than it looks so that you send very often some data... how often? every xx minutes?

but for sure that can be fixed. weather you supress some data or you do different filtering, there will be a way...

Wolf.

(28/11/2014 15:11:25 отредактировано GoGPS)

wwbusch aka Buwo пишет:

analog fsl should not send 0 as voltage

Wolf, You are not correct. All depends from sensor. How many fuel sensors You have installed?

BTW: Graph is realy very strange. Possible to get access to this object on server for settings?

www.gogps.eu

Hello,

It seems that this is FLS problem. Depends on the FLS type and manufacturer it can be caused by water in the tank or a simple cable connection problem. If you want a fast improvement, then you can set "X lower bound"  (Unit properties>Sensors>your FLS sensor properties>Calculation table). Here you can set a value higher then 0 and lower then the FLS's measuring range's bottom point. (for example if your analog range is between 200 and 4000, then you can choose a value between 0 and 200..)
This will filter out the wrong (decreasing to zero) values (it only hides the real problem..but working).

Regards,
Viktor

Eflotta Vehicle Tracking Ltd, Hungary
www.eflotta.com

Hi Viktor and Eduard,

always great when the experts are here helping...

We are also going to test some analog FLS, so thanks also from our side for this infos.

So YSV,
maybe you ask Eflotta to help you with raw data?

Wolf.

Thanks guys , WOW lot of good advices , yes I checked the messages  there was value 0 , it took 2 days for the customer to send the vehicle to us , once we checked , found out  there was a problem with a wire hmm ,which had happen during vehicle's maintenance work. We have fixed it and will test for next 5 days then update with the outcome.

For this vehicle we use Atrack Ak1  , and we have set the tracker to report to server every 5 seconds , I can imagine your expression big_smile , but this customer wants  the vehicles travelled milage and exact track.

We have around 50 analog FLS , most of them with Atrack and some with Teltonika and Queclink , Wolf if you need to see how they work , I can allow you access.

Feel like we are one good team smile

Again , Thanks a million guys ,

Sint

(29/11/2014 11:53:23 отредактировано GoGPS)

wwbusch aka Buwo пишет:

We are also going to test some analog FLS

Wolf, if You want work almost w/o headache - do not use analogue FLS
Use just digital FLS.

But of course this is just advice smile

www.gogps.eu

Guys my advice to you all
If you want to use an analogue fuel sensor you need to know that you will never get a very accurate indication even upon applying a filter. I have used omnicom and technoton sensors.
The voltage always plays around and sometimes for no reason.

thanks for that infos about analog fuel level sensors.

anybody every used ultra-sonic once?

Wolf

Johnny пишет:

Guys my advice to you all
If you want to use an analogue fuel sensor you need to know that you will never get a very accurate indication even upon applying a filter. I have used omnicom and technoton sensors.
The voltage always plays around and sometimes for no reason.

We have been using Analog output sensors in over 110+ truck tanks, without any problem and also we are able to get accurate value. Make sure, you use shielded cable of 22-24 AWG. Shielded is the key! otherwise, you will get noise. You can PM if you need more details.

Hello , can someone recomend a trustuful  gps and a fuel sensor to detect fuel theft , this guys from Technoton offers the fuel sensor at $145usd , does someone can recomend a cheaper one thet may work well??

regards

We find technoton is the most reliable so far.

Sint

(07/03/2017 13:39:30 отредактировано technot)

"Detect fuel filling only while stop" may not help several times. Generally fillings stations have shade over it due to which gps coordinate may jump which leads to unwanted speed spikes and it results to no fuel filling in report.