WiaTag

Re: WiaTag

These Will be great features to have ,
Hope Gurtam will work out a solution for this requirement .

JohnG пишет:

Thanks Kopa

Is there any way to

1. Show what is being read from the QR capture and NFC capture on the screen for the user, and
2. capture the text information on the tag so the user can see it. We encode different items in the test like the item description, inspection information
etc and would be great that when the user uses Wiatag to scan they see this. The ID is automatically sent on the scan to the server.

Sint

WiaTag

I'm testing it now, works nicely so far.

WiaTag

This a great app.I have been using it for more than 4 months now. And i have some features to share

WiaTag

It would be great to add these features to Wiatag:
1. Add the option to add custom statuses values as checkboxes to be able to select multiple values and send them in one message to the server
2. Save the photos taken within the app to mobile gallery
3. Add a text message with the photo before sending it to the server
4. Send multiple photos in at once

WiaTag

montasser пишет:

This a great app.I have been using it for more than 4 months now. And i have some features to share

For what purpose do you use the app?

montasser пишет:

1. Add the option to add custom statuses values as checkboxes to be able to select multiple values and send them in one message to the server

Thanks for you proposals.

Denis Strakh, Gurtam

WiaTag

I have massive problems with WiaTag on IOS.

For me it seems that the connection of WiaTag and IOS Location Api is not bugfree.

I have enabled gps for WiaTag and Internet etc.
But if i am located on a location that has no valid gps the location api still gives a near by location by wifi or by lbs data.
For me it seems so that WiaTag uses only the GPS location if it is there.
Than i found it often that it sends / uses old location of last valid gps signal but IOS location API already shows total different location.

Wolf.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

WiaTag

Hi,

We are looking to trial WiaTag with a client that currently uses the GPSTag.

I have 2 questions regarding WiaTag from those who are experienced users of this:

1. One feature with GPSTag is auto on/off be scheduled times/days (only available with Android sadly) - is this available with WiaTag?
2. What are the maid differences/benefits with GPSTag vs WiaTag?

Many thanks,
Alan.

Onwards and Upwards!!
Knowledge, data & information is power!

WiaTag

(03/02/2017 10:39:39 отредактировано yavi)

FleetPursuit
1)Yes, on/off by schedule is available.
2) Both products are good. But you can learn more  here:
https://weblog.gurtam.com/2016/02/gps-tag-vs-wiatag/
*this article is made one year ago and Wiatag has some new features now

Viktor Yarovenko
Business Analyst
Wialon

WiaTag

(03/02/2017 10:35:25 отредактировано FleetPursuit)

Thanks yavi,

Yes we found this article most helpful, this is why we have interest, just sought feedback from users that have been utilising the WiaTag - nothing beats personal experience though.

We originally thought on/off schedule was available for both iOS AND Android for GPSTag only to find that it is only for Android - is this feature available for both iOS and Android with WiaTag?

Does it also work with Chatterbox function?

We have offered it to one of our primary clients that have about 40 GPSTags in use to trial and provide feedback. They will likely take on the trial in order to compare.

Many thanks again, have a good weekend.

Alan.

Onwards and Upwards!!

WiaTag

wwbusch aka Buwo пишет:

For me it seems that the connection of WiaTag and IOS Location Api is not bugfree.

But if i am located on a location that has no valid gps the location api still gives a near by location by wifi or by lbs data.
Than i found it often that it sends / uses old location of last valid gps signal but IOS location API already shows total different location.

Wolf.

Hello. First of all you need to check filtration settings and selected data collection mode. Because positioning message from iOS location API go directly into WiaTag filtering, which check this message by various parameters (speed, accuracy etc) - and decide, use or not to use recieved data. And if message was saved in WiaTag, it used for all outgoing messages to server, until it will replaced by filter with next successful iOS location API message. For this reason, there is a difference with location data of native iOS applications and WiaTag. If you switch off all fitering, and set data collection to continious mode - you may see, WiaTag will start collecting location data without difference with other system apps/services.

WiaTag

FleetPursuit Schedules are available only for Android, there is no possibility to implement it for iOS.

Mobile Development
Gurtam

WiaTag

Thanks for confirming kopa. Am assuming this an iOS issue as it is with GPSTag.

Our customers are used to this being the case with GPSTag so.....

Much appreciated.

Onwards and Upwards!!

WiaTag

stde пишет:
montasser пишет:

For what purpose do you use the app?

montasser пишет:

Thanks for you proposals.

We use Wiatag for both location tracking and also as data collection app. Here are the practical use for each feature :

1.       Add the option to add custom statuses values as checkboxes to be able to select multiple values and send them in one message to the server
·         We send agents to take photos of Ads Billboards to make sure it’s visible and available at the location for maintenance purposes. So sometimes we need to send predefined parameters for each photo (e.g Ad is Available, Ad is Visible, Lighting is Working), that’s why we need to make the custom status as Checkboxes to select multiple values and send it at once for each Billboard.

2.       Save the photos taken within the app to gallery
·         Our agents take more than 200 photos per day for different locations. We need to make sure that if something goes wrong and the photo couldn’t be sent to the server then we have a backup for it on the internal storage of the mobile.

3.       Add a text message with the photo before sending it to the server
·         We need to send the Media Billboard serial number with each photo taken, so when the admin receives the image on the server, he would be able to store each photo with its serial number.

4.       Send multiple photos at once
·         In our case, each media billboard in one location has two sides (Side A & Side B). So receiving one message for 2 sides would be more convenient for us.

The above is a real project we are working on now but I believe these features can be used in different scenarios for other data collection tasks other than media monitoring.

WiaTag

(06/02/2017 15:04:25 отредактировано FleetPursuit)

montasser,

Our primary user for this solution currently use GPSTag provided by use - been using for about 12mths.

They have a number of systems that they use with their iPads. They provide this to their delivery drivers and other field personnel - original brief was to track the iPads..... WiaTag was only being in beta at the time so we used GPSTag.

They heavily rely on the Chatterbox app for messages and images. We are trying to determine if WiaTag is better option than GPSTag. To date we've had no major dramas with GPSTag.

If so we will discuss not only with this client but all those using GPSTag. We have asked our client to trial and awaiting devission.

Cheers.

Onwards and Upwards!!

WiaTag

dmev пишет:
wwbusch aka Buwo пишет:

Wolf.

Hello. First of all you need to check filtration settings and selected data collection mode. Because positioning message from iOS location API go directly into WiaTag filtering, which check this message by various parameters (speed, accuracy etc) - and decide, use or not to use recieved data. And if message was saved in WiaTag, it used for all outgoing messages to server, until it will replaced by filter with next successful iOS location API message. For this reason, there is a difference with location data of native iOS applications and WiaTag. If you switch off all fitering, and set data collection to continious mode - you may see, WiaTag will start collecting location data without difference with other system apps/services.

thanks for explaination of algorithm. going to recheck that with my ios.

Wolf.

WiaTag

(19/02/2017 02:04:15 отредактировано FleetPursuit)

We have downloaded WiaTag to one of our mobile S6, mine actually.

We currently have a number of customers using GPS Tag but as it is no longer being developed thought we'd start testing WiaTag as replacement.

Must say we struggled a little and still are with a few things that maybe someone could help us with.

1 - we see you can send image, SOS. Can drivers/users also send txt messages as you can in GPSTag and manage via Chatterbox? Cannot find this anywhere in WiaTag - this function is very heavily relied upon by our customers.

2 - we have customer that wishes to use to log trip mode (logbooking) - business/private. We set up custom status, but when we view info in Wialon monitoring we see both Business and Private under 2 parameters. Image shows the correct one as "tripmode" we created, other "mode" we didn't and cannot find it. (We are still yet to work out how to build reports for this also)

Other attached image is how we set up custom status.

Appreciate any feedback from other users.

Note: just had confirmed wiatag is not able to send message conversations like GPSTag can so is of no use to us - shame. Will stick with GPSTag instead.

Thanks.

• WiaTag
  • WiaTag
Onwards and Upwards!!

WiaTag

New version (1.5) of WiaTag is available for android & iOS.

What's new:
- Request configuration - from the monitoring system, you can execute the command "Request configuration" http://joxi.ru/eAORw6JtYVWP2o. Find a configuration file you can to the file server by using the http://apps.wialon.com/#disketta application http://joxi.ru/v29XgyEH6JywmG
- Manage custom statuses (available for ios, in the android version will be in the next release) - in the settings of the "Custom statuses", the option "Numeric message`s format" is added. It allows you to additionally register in the message status index: http://joxi.ru/bmo0lbGCKeYl2y
- There was an opportunity to establish phone number for the action "SOS" - if the phone number is set, then when you touch SOS, an automatic call goes to it.

Denis Strakh, Gurtam

WiaTag

Thanks Denis, especialy for this: "in the settings of the "Custom statuses", the option "Numeric message`s format" is added. It allows you to additionally register in the message status index", now same functionality as old tracker app...

going to test upload and download of config ;-) if that works easy, it would make mass distribution much easier...

Wolf.

WiaTag

New version (1.6) of WiaTag is available for android.
Details here.

Denis Strakh, Gurtam

WiaTag

Hi There

Is there any possibility to detect Mock Location? Some Companies has problem with their employees who enable this Developer Option in Android. It would be convenient if WiaTag can detect it and send it as a parameter. This way we can create a sensor for that and use it in Notifications, Reports and...

WiaTag

Been putting WiaTag to use and getting a lot of error notifications!

Started sending them through as the error asks....

My mobile shows just how many there have been, it says in the past 7 day 60, but in fact this just today as it was only activated today.

• WiaTag
Onwards and Upwards!!

WiaTag

hhamedk
Thank you for your proposal, we'll analyze possibility of adding such functionality in the nearest application update.
FleetPursuit
Please provide more information about error notifications, which application shows them, what is the content of these notifications?

Mobile Development
Gurtam

WiaTag

Kopa,

Have sent many of the crash reports as the app asks and confirms when sent, as I believe a few of our network colleagues that are also using WiaTag have done.

Also having another issue, in Wialon it only shows offline when in fact it is online. We are using "Standard" as our optimal setting mode.

We even uninstalled then reinstalled selecting Standard mode and left everything defaulted to see if it made any difference. It didn't - seems to be tracking fine all the same though, but still show as offline.

Onwards and Upwards!!

WiaTag

FleetPursuit пишет:

Have sent many of the crash reports as the app asks and confirms when sent, as I believe a few of our network colleagues that are also using WiaTag have done.

Please send us log files and device's model name to development@gurtam.com for further analysis of the problem.

FleetPursuit пишет:

Also having another issue, in Wialon it only shows offline when in fact it is online. We are using "Standard" as our optimal setting mode.
We even uninstalled then reinstalled selecting Standard mode and left everything defaulted to see if it made any difference. It didn't - seems to be tracking fine all the same though, but still show as offline.

Please contact our support team support@gurtam.com

Mobile Development
Gurtam

WiaTag

(22/05/2017 20:59:23 отредактировано hhamedk)

Hi everyone

Most customers have some problems while using Tracker Applications like WiaTag because their employees cheat and they can't do anything. They say Tracker Applications are not reliable. I try to list some problems and some suggestion for solving them:

1. Mock Location
I explained in my previous post:

Hi There

Is there any possibility to detect Mock Location? Some Companies has problem with their employees who enable this Developer Option in Android. It would be convenient if WiaTag can detect it and send it as a parameter. This way we can create a sensor for that and use it in Notifications, Reports and...

2. Some employees turn devices off and then say that our device battery was low or device turned off since battery got off. We suggest to add 2 parameters, first Power Source (shows if device is connected to external power or not) and second Device Up-time (device up-time from last restart). combination of parameter Battery level and these two new parameters will prevent employees to cheat.
3. Some employees uninstall the application (specially in long trips) so there will be no data in Wialon system and just before they back to office they reinstall it. They say that there is a bug in application that didn't work. I suggest to add a functionality to get an optional Administration Access from user in setting and in this case prevent users from uninstalling the application. Users can uninstall it only with entering Admin Password (which is supported now in WiaTag)
4. Some employees turn off their location in Android and in this case there in no way for WiaTag to acquire location data. It would be more convenient if we could prevent them from such cheat but as I know (not sure) it's impossible. So, I suggest to add another parameter to send Location State in android immediately as it's status changes. This way in Wialon we can create a sensor for it and prove employees that they cheat.
5. Same as #4 we can add a parameter for Start/Stop of WiaTag service.
6. Some customers are parents want to use WiaTag for tracking their kids and based on our law (I'm not sure about other countries) parents can track their kids anonymously. So, they prefer to hide the application from application list (Menu, Apps list).

Other great partners please share your ideas about these cases, Please...