Geofences report

Тема: Geofences report

Hi Wialon team,

Few of our customers asked us about the geofence report to make some change.

Today, when we create a geofence report we need to flag all the geofences in the report table if we want to see the geofences in the report of vehicle or group of vehicle. And the report is create about vehicle, not about geofence.

When many geofences are created with many vehicles, it's almost impossible for a customer to come back to the report template to flag new geofences created. And it's very difficult to determinate which vehicle was in a specific geofence.

The reflexion is to replace the choice of the object by the geofence choice in the report table.

I guess that it ask the creation of "Geofence" choice in the resource of the report creation ?

Hope my explanations are clear to be understood smile

Thank You
Sincerely
Xavier

• Geofences report
  • Geofences report

Geofences report

Re: Geofences report

Due to Wialon architecture, it's impossible to make geofence a subject of a report.

However, there are ways to make your life easier. For example, you do not need to flag all the geofences and come back to the report template each time you create a new one. Just create Geofence Group and choose this group in the report template instead of choosing single geofences. Then when a new geofences is created, just add it to this group.

Katerina Alexandrova
Product Manager (Mobile)
Gurtam

Geofences report

Thank You Alek, indeed it could be a solution, even if the customer must search first from vehicles when its demand is about the research from geofences to know which vehicles have made a stay in a specific geofence in a specific period.

I will explain your idea to the customer.

Thank you

Geofences report

Road-Link, sorry, no better solution right at the moment...
But anyway, thank you for the ideal. We'll keep it in mind for potential enhancements.

Katerina Alexandrova
Product Manager (Mobile)
Gurtam