Topic: ddd download tachograph thread
after understanding a bit better how .ddd tachograph thing is working i would like to collect existing working solutions for this and share them here. (Dont forgett, Gurtam=together and not "i know something, of cause i dont share it")
So as i understand, the princip is the following:
Electronic tachograph is storing an encrypted file for each day on the memory of the tachograph. There is the data from Tacho and from Drivercards (two different data). One of them needs to be downloaded by Company every 90 Days and the other every 30 days.
If you do not download it, the oldest data is always overwritten by the second oldest data and so on.
You as a company needs to store them localy and provide them if government / police wants to check them.
OK, here we start with technical solutions:
- In Truck there will be installed a GPS tracker with a special CANbus connection to the Tachograph.
- On customer office there needs to be a Cardreader with the "company mastercard" which encrypts a special message which is send somehow to the gps tracker.
- GPS Tracker sends this encrypted message to the Tacho and is than alowed to read the .ddd files.
- GPS Tracker send the .ddd files to local PC or to Wialon Plattform
- Customer can check files / download files from Wialon or from local PC.
So if i understand the Market correct, there are at the moment two solution providers:
(how about BCE and Galileosky?)
From what i have learned, Ruptela solution just needs a chipcard reader and a local software. Local software creates a command and sends it via SDK to the Unit. Unit sends data to Wialon, User can download data from Wialon.
Teltonika Solution need a SMS Modem, a Software and a fixed IP to download the Data. So at the moment maybe not the best solution.
Anybody has better infos or other solutions?