How to get fuel readings for Skoda Fabia Combi? [raw data is 0]

(19/02/2015 12:07:10 отредактировано n.sehictz)

Тема: How to get fuel readings for Skoda Fabia Combi? [raw data is 0]

Greetings people! smile

This is my first post, I hope you will be gentle. I seem to be having trouble with fuel levels and consumption, not really sure how to configure it properly. The device is Ruptela FM-Pro4, and the car is the aforementioned Skoda Fabia Combi (2010).

Under 'Messages' in raw data, the fuel_lvl is always at zero and can_fuel_used is also at zero. The device is currently connected to the vehicle correctly, all of that is checked. I'm kinda new at this, so there's probably something I need to configure within the system (sensors or something else?), and maybe change the device configuration as well?

Thank you

EDIT: I'm now getting info that Pro4s are not really suited for regular vehicles, but mostly trucks... so if that's the case, this topic is kind of pointless. For now I will leave it here, in case I have problems when I replace the unit.

Re: How to get fuel readings for Skoda Fabia Combi? [raw data is 0]

Hi,

the FM4Pro reads also a number of wagon cars, but Skoda seems to be not one of them (we use also Skoda and does no get Fuel Level).

So better to change your car ;-)

Wolf.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

Thank you for the reply Buwo!

I changed the device to Tco4 instead, but still can't get correct fuel and can data. I guess I have to reconfigure it with different settings.

(07/04/2015 11:57:25 отредактировано n.sehictz)

Sorry for double posting, I didn't want to open a new topic, but rather I will continue here.

Here is the deal: Pro4 put into a truck (client) for testing purposes, all CAN parameteres are empty (zeroes), so the device
is sending messages but they don't contain any usable info.

My question is, for those that have experience with Ruptela devices, what is the DEAL?! I mean really, it's so difficult to get these things working,
hardware wise they are great but software side and configuration is a pain...

What should be taken into account when configuring these trackers?

I hope someone can help me, thank you very much.

EDIT: the vehicle in question is Mercedes Actros MP2 2003+

Hi N.

we are experimenting since 2011 with this f****cking canbus reading.
As i know on actros you need to have FMS enabled, otherwise no canbus data.

We are still trying all manufactors of good canbus HW, teltonika, ruptela, bce... non of them produce a HW which works without hazle in all trucks and / or light vehicles.

Welcome in the club!

Wolf.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post