Hour since start or stop

Тема: Hour since start or stop

Hello everybody,

Several customers asked us if it was possible to display the hour since the start or the stop exactly like on the smartphone app but on a web browser.
In attachment you can see on "smartphone" the information we need to display on "computer".

I think we can't do it for the moment but it doesn't look complicated to implement it because we already have the information and that would great.

• Hour since start or stop
  • Hour since start or stop

Hour since start or stop

Re: Hour since start or stop

Hello Thomas Thomas RoadLink,

Thank you for the screenshots - it is immediately clear what your request is about.

First of all, I want to give a small comment on determining the state. Different algorithms and mechanisms are used to determine the state of movement in Wialon Hosting and in the mobile application. At Wialon Hosting the motion state is defined on the basis of speed information in the latest message or a real-time motion sensor. The mobile application determines the status on the basis of the received events (trip, parking) and knows exactly when and what event started. In order to receive and display information about the start time or duration of the event in the unit extended information, it is necessary to change the approach to status determination. For this reason, it will not be possible to make such changes quickly.

I would also like to ask you a few questions:
1. How do you use this information?
2. Why is this useful for you and your users?

-----------------

I have put your proposal on the list of suggestions for the development, but so far with low priority. The situation may change if more partners support your idea and add some cases from real life when such tags help to solve a particular issue.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

Hour since start or stop

Re: Hour since start or stop

Hello mana,

Thank you for your answer.

Alright, I understand.
It is what I explain to our customers when they ask us why they can't see this information but, for the ones who are managing a truck fleet, they really appreciate to have the hour since the last event on their smartphone (16:23 on the screenshot). And they want to see it when they are on the computer, because on the computer you have only "Latest state: stationary for XX minutes".

So (for example if it is 13:15) instead of having "Latest state: stationary for 20 minutes" we need to display "Latest state: stationary since 12:55). Because they want to see the information and don't have to look at the current time and calculate.

So it's really usefull for some people and by the request of several customers I did this topic.

By the way I exchanged with one of your colleagues in the engineering team and he told me that they have passed the idea to your business development department and that I still could create a topic on the forum.

Best regards,