Route tool for public transportation

Тема: Route tool for public transportation

Hello,

we are using nimbus for trains now and as you all know it it moves on a railway, not on streets.

i have about 30 geofences among the way and i ceated a route depending on these geofences, but the route that connect geofences was using roads to connect geofences.

can i modify the route that connect these geofences and make it on the railway?

Re: Route tool for public transportation

Hello, hasan.ahmed!

Currently it is possible only to create a route based on the street roads. For now i can suggest you to minimize the amount of point by clicking on them. Please take a look at the screenshots in this post.

Viktoria Chabai
Product Manager, Wialon
Join our Telegram Update Channel | Следите за обновлениями на нашем Telegram канале

Hello,

I am facing the same issue but not on the railways but on the roads. (SCREENSHOT ATTACHED)
NimBus only creates the route using Gurtam Maps. If a route is not available in the Gurtam Maps, then NimBus will not follow that route. This problem can only be solved by giving an extra feature under Routes panel in NimBus which is "Import route from a file".

At this time, we can import stops using a 'KML' file. The same feature should be available for the ROUTES panel as well.

This feature will solve all the problems in creating custom routes without deleting or adding points on the existing route created by NimBus.

• Route tool for public transportation

Hello,

I'm still facing the route selection and direction issues while creating a route in Nimbus. I created a new route for a bus service, Nimbus used the local roads for route selection but the bus service uses the motorways to reach the stops. So, after this, a long and very hectic process starts. That is to delete the already created route points one by one and then create a new route in replacement. (screenshot attached & explained)

This screenshot represents the two stops within this route. This route is almost 1400 km long. I have to change 500 km route manually. And I have 6 more routes pending to be correct.

This is obvious that Nimbus created routes are not according to the requirement of the client every time. Mostly, there is a need to customize the routes according to requirement. Minor changes can be handled via deleting and adding points within the route. But long routes can create a problem while changing from one point to another.

The only solution to this problem is to add an option to import routes in KML file (as Stops can be imported from KML file).

In this way, each client can import its customized routes. Also the client has the option to customize the routes further by deleting and adding the route points (existing feature in Nimbus).

• Route tool for public transportation