Fuel Calculation error (small distance and time) propose solution

Тема: Fuel Calculation error (small distance and time) propose solution

Small intervals of km and time calculated by LSSD (fuel level sensor) give the wrong data on the system, because the decrease in the fuel level is so low on those distances or time the system tends to calculate it with high values of fuel consumption.  Wanted to know if it was possible to include on the fuel fill the odometer or engine hr data to make a manual calculation between fills that will give a more accurate data.

Re: Fuel Calculation error (small distance and time) propose solution

aressun, can you explain it with more details and what is proposed solution?

At the dark side of telematics...

if we include on the fuel fill report, the data for odometer or for engine hr at the time of fill, we can actually calculate a mi/gal or gal/hr , between fills , most of the companies refill tol full their vehicles so

fill 1    20 gal    1000mi
fill 2    10 gal    1200 mi
fill3     10  gal    1400mi

a)    mi 2-mi1/fill2
              1200-1000/10= 20 mi/gal

Now this is because when working with delivery trucks that travel very small distances or when the engine hr interval is small , the fuel sensors don’t capture fuel level decrease and worst when roads are very irregular…so the best way is to measure longer intervals without the wrong input from those small intervals

okido, you mean add mileage & eh counter columns? But they are calculated automatically and history message is not saved. It is only possible to add sensor values columns (already) where sensor value is absolute mileage or eh. nd you can do it with current toolset.

At the dark side of telematics...

Normally most of our devices have a mileage counter on the message activated, if we could record that data from the message (in the time and hr of the fuel filling) on a column that would be great. i was also thinking that if we have the counters activated for engine hr of mileage we could get the info from there. but you are saying that those are automatically calculated and not saved.

if sensor value column can be added and we have a mileage sensor that could work. you mention i can do that with current tool set, tested all reports and i can not get and accurate way of doing it.

aressun
Here is approximate template for this report:
include tables Trips, Sensors Tracing, Fillings, Thefts and some necessary charts. After that you can configure Job  - Sending fuel information via SMS or E-mail, Event type: Fuel Filling or Fuel Theft, Method of delivery: - e-mail, change settings according to your needs, and you will get report on email if fuel filling or theft occurs. From one table you will get Fuel level values, from Sensors Tracing you will get Mileage sensor values at the time when fuel filling or fuel theft happened.

WDC Administrator
Gurtam

i have tested that report and it works when you have few objects in our case where the client has over 60 devices and we have a contract for almost 400, it is not feaseble to obtain a fill for each device or a message for each fill. he needs a template (report) where at the end of the month he can generate all the devices and calculate the fuel consumption for all at once even if he has to do work on an .xls.
that is why i was thinking that if we put those miles in the fill will be much better.

aressun,
there is no such column in fillings table. Maybe you can show us an example where you consider fuel consumption to be calculated incorrectly, and we'll try to find alternative solution?

Developer
Gurtam

aressun,
we have found another possible solution which you may try.
1. Add new Counter sensor (differential) with parameter that passes total mileage
2. Add Trips & Parkings tables in report template, apply intervals filtration (Fuel fillings- With fillings) and include Counter columns for them.

Developer
Gurtam

ok let me try and i will post the result

thanks