Import Long-Lat from Excel to Wialon

Тема: Import Long-Lat from Excel to Wialon

Hi everyone,

We just signed an important deal with school bus and the client gave me an excel file with long-lat, adresses etc of all bus stop.

I began to enter the points one by one with the adress tool, but it will take a long long time to insert all of them.

Actually, I wonder if there is a possibility to import directly this Excel file (even if I need to change probably the format of column) into Wialon to create POI or Geofences ? I have tried with the Google import KLM but seems a bit complicated.

You can take a look to the screenshot of the file (ok datas are in French sorry wink )

OK you guys, if you have any idea or advice to import the file, please, feel free to help me  smile

Sincerely
Xavier

• Import Long-Lat from Excel to Wialon

Re: Import Long-Lat from Excel to Wialon

Hello Xavier

Did you try http://www.mapsdata.co.uk/online-file-converter/ or https://www.earthpoint.us/ExcelToKml.aspx?

Labs Expert
Gurtam

Hello, Xavier.
You also can send your file to support@gurtam.com (just make sure columns are renamed to English) and our maps dept will see if it's possible to assist you in converting them.

Thank You for your replies.

Will try by myself first wih the links communicated, and if any technical issues I will get back to your maps dept !

Thank You

(20/10/2015 12:50:14 отредактировано wwbusch aka Buwo)

It would be a cool function to do such "importing / coversion" of POI´s automaticlay for Customers in Wialon.

We also found that reverse geocoding "for free" for such excel files is really a problem.
Weather you pay a huge amount for it (than your customers are angry) or you do it by yourself....

Wolf.

P.S. on a short search i did not find any "reverse-geocoding function" in the Remote API?

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

wwbusch aka Buwo пишет:

P.S. on a short search i did not find any "reverse-geocoding function" in the Remote API?

How about address request?

Hi shmi,

wrong direction... your link is "geocoding" (from lat/long as input to an adress).
I am looking for "reverse-geocoding" (aka from adress to lat/long).

This is the right function:
http://sdk.wialon.com/wiki/en/sidebar/r … tes_simple

Wolf

Hey Wolf

wwbusch aka Buwo пишет:

wrong direction... your link is "geocoding" (from lat/long as input to an adress).

I always confuse these terms, so asked wikipedia before posting

wikipedia.org пишет:

Reverse geocoding is the process of back (reverse) coding of a point location (latitude, longitude) to a readable address or place name.

In any case, we have both functions in Wialon Remote API:
- coordinates to address: here
- address to coordinates: simple and intelligent search

Arghhh... me too.

You are absolutely right and i mixed it again... Sorry