1m accuracу GPS tracker?

Тема: 1m accuracу GPS tracker?

Hello, looking to see if anyone makes a GPS/GLONASS tracker with <1m accuracy, external Antenna/GSM, R232 input, ability to capture and record GPS points every second, SIMcard data transfer, SDcard built in storage, stable and reliable. Is there such a thing.

1m accuracу GPS tracker?

Re: 1m accuracу GPS tracker?

Hi Matthew,

without differential GPS you will not find anything like that.

For having accuracy below 3-5 meters you need to find a differential gps feedet gps tracker like from Trimble or Garmin.
But i dont know ANY differential GPS System which can send via GSM the data to a fleet-tracking plattform.

For sure you will be in the pricerange above 2K USD!

Wolf.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

1m accuracу GPS tracker?

Hello Wolf, I understand it is a long road to find what will work, I do like the Trimble with the Dead Reckoning function. I will find something that works, will look over at the Garmin site soon. thanks for the help!

nice profile picture!

1m accuracу GPS tracker?

Hello Wolf, Great Photo smile

I am still researching what direction I need to take to get a good solution, been testing some products.

1m accuracу GPS tracker?

Hi Matthew, check also my private emails to this.

Accuracy below 3meters (for 99% of messages) you will get in New Zealand only by using local Differential GPS Systems...
(and i dont know any gps tracking (with GSM) which can use Differential GPS feed by VHF/UHF / GSM which is available below 3000 USD

Wolf.

1m accuracу GPS tracker?

matthew пишет:

Hello, looking to see if anyone makes a GPS/GLONASS tracker with <1m accuracy,

For what?
You will not have such accuracy maps or sattelite image

www.guardmagic.com ;
www.tankercontrol.com;

Products for vehicle and fuel monitoring

1m accuracу GPS tracker?

Hello, you are correct there are many things that contribute to accuracy of systems, for example our google image maps don't always line up to the base maps, we have our own base site which we have a application for as higher accuracy as we can get.

I have found from testing that there is lots of variation between units, GPS modules etc, I thought I would ask this question to aim for the best result first. There must be a GPS hardware company using the best GPS modules in the industry for the best results.

there is a term we use with technology......'rubbish in, rubbish out', if you feed a computer or information system junk, don't expect gold at the other end

we are not fortunate enough to have access to WAAS or EGNOS here in NZ, we have discovered with guidance computers we sell that GPS/GLONASS options give us a good result down here and the whole industry seems to have already moved there. we are getting better online times when machines go under trees, we are not getting any more accurate data, just more reliable data.

feel free to mention any more high end trackers, I am still interested in what units are out there

1m accuracу GPS tracker?

Matthew,

you can not trick the physics.

it doesnt matter what HW you use. Without DGPS you will never get a trustfull location better than 1-3m in average.

Wolf.
(and i made my diploma about dgps!)

1m accuracу GPS tracker?

wwbusch aka Buwo пишет:

you can not trick the physics.
it doesnt matter what HW you use. Without DGPS you will never get a trustfull location better than 1-3m in average.

Correct for the curent situation for current GPS satellite.

It will be available later, when the USA will start GPS3 (GPS Block IIIA) .
Not yearly 2018

www.guardmagic.com ;
www.tankercontrol.com;

Products for vehicle and fuel monitoring

1m accuracу GPS tracker?

yup i agree wolf, smile its what we work with here, and what i have to work with.

i dream of DGPS smile one thing we previously over looked is in the vehicles i work with there is already a L1/L2 antenna for guidance, it has presented me with something else to think about. Watch this space.