Garmin integration and projects

Тема: Garmin integration and projects

First of all I wish to state that I like your software alot. big_smile

Do you plan in near future to add feature like this gpsserver.

we have demands from taxi services for this type of communication and we have teltonika devices.

Thanks in advance

Re: Garmin integration and projects

aahero, yep, it is easy integrateable once you have all such devices + protocols documentation.

At the dark side of telematics...

Hi Gurtam Team,

I read : ""yep, it is easy integrateable once you have all such devices + protocols documentation.""

We have the device ( Teltonika+Garmin ) up and running, we could provide also the technical doc/info for intergration inside Wialon.

There is demand for these units and services.

My question, is Gurtam already working on this ? Or do we need to connect a ""set"" to the programmers/development servers ?

"""Baltika""

Baltika, yep, you need to provide all this documentation to us.

shal пишет:

Baltika, yep, you need to provide all this documentation to us.

Hi

Where do you wanna to be sent.

aahero, info@gurtam.com

shal пишет:

aahero, info@gurtam.com

Shal,Did you received files?

aahero, yep, supporter will contact you by e-mail.

shal, can you write some infos about the Garmin protocol integration?
Thx

Kgadam
Code is ready, but we cannot remotely enable FMI protocol on device. We need somebody to configure tracker with enabled FMI to our test server.

WDC Administrator
Gurtam

Dear Partners

We already had an Teltonika fm4200 with fmi connected to Garmin to your test server ,please PM to us .We can start it again.

Hi Bako,

We also like to have the Garmin <> FM4200 connection up and running
You can send connection ( IP/Port) details to us (by email) and we will connect the configuration to your server.
We have the FM4200 + Garmin 1340T

Best regards

""Baltika""

Hi,

OK ..work is in progress smile  THANKS Alex

regards

""Baltika""

Garmin PND functionality for Teltonika FM4200 is avaible on Wialon Data center. To activate it, in unit configuration popup dialog select "Garmin connected" checkbox and setup FM4200 such a way that it hold TCP connection to server without dropping it.

Hi,

Only one small problem: The configuration file from the FM4100 was placed on the website instead of the FM4200

gr

Baltika

shal пишет:

Garmin PND functionality for Teltonika FM4200 is avaible on Wialon Data center. To activate it, in unit configuration popup dialog select "Garmin connected" checkbox and setup FM4200 such a way that it hold TCP connection to server without dropping it.

Hello,
Can anyone tell me if Garmin is integrated to work on Wailon?
I want to be able to send routes to the Garmin, so the driver can accept them on the Garmin and the route is programmed into the Garmin.

I have a new customer who needs this. The ability to send an address to the Garmin.
I am using the Syrus Device from DCT.

Regards
Glenn

Yes, here is the Garmin compatible list.

Hello Shal,
Thank you for this- I see my device is on the list.
I cannot see how to send a route or location to the Garmin from within the Wailon platform. I have looked through the documentation?
Any help will be appreciated.

Many thanks
Glenn

Please check device configuration (magic button placed near device type selection in unit properties dialog) or just create special command alias.

Glenn,

Work is under way to add stop and route commands to the integration with DCT Pegasus Gateway to enable Garmin dispatch for your Syrus devices. We will keep you updated.

Sergei.

Hello Partners

I have a client Hospital with 10 ambulances and i have proposed to them Tracking and Garmin Navigation System due to their driver who get lost when visiting clients

ANyone has done this before ,which devices can work well we in Kenya easy to import from China smile

Regards
Steve

Steve,

you are always asking for this or for that and at the end you never listen to the people trying to give you some informations.

but this is easy to answer:

Go to Gurtam.com
Klick to GPS Hardware / AVL Hardware, check the checkbox "Garmin Support", click to Apply filter and there you are.

Or just click the link: http://gurtam.com/en/gps_tracking/gps_h … ter=garmin

But as i know the "ohh here in Kenya budget is not so high", Galileosky and also Queclink are out of your budget for this.

Also you need the Garmin FMS cable (which is at round about 45 USD),
Than you will pay much more for Garmin HW because of low client base in Kenya.
Than your customer will see very quick that the navigation devices will be taken away by others (huge problem even here in germany).

Why you dont use a Smartphone for 70-80 USD, install the GPS Tag App and provider some case for the smartphone, a magnetic holder and a USB charger cable? Or do you think your customer will pay 90 USD for GPS Hardware, 45 USD for FMI cable, 150 USD for Garmin?

Wolf.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

Hi Wolf,

The prices you are mentioning are also a little on the low side ... for example ..we use from Garmin the 560LMT , this unit cost more than 250 Euro/pcs.

But indeed you are right, some have a truck+trailer ( cost 100.000 or more ) a cargo load of  >50.000 Euro, fuel cost of 1 liter on 3,5 Km, driver salary of xx USD/hour   ... and they have not a few coins for a decent GPS system .

I need to stop now, because I get tears in my eyes ...  poor truck owners ...

regards

Baltika  ( Now I need one ..this time No 7 )

Harm,
I can understand Steve... If customer asks for everything but just want to pay nothing, a good sales guy should even try to solve this problem...

But some equations is worldwide valid: "you get what you pay for", in Africa as in Asia as in Europe ;-)

Enjoy your No 7!

Wolf.
(brrr. yesterday +13 deg, today +3, 3 weeks left until holidays in +25 he he he)

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post