Cellocator Compact Can

Тема: Cellocator Compact Can

Hi could you help I have had no luck with getting any information from Pointer Telecom as to where I can get a replacement wiring harness for my tracker I have emailed them 4 times from their website and no reply not very professional at all

I am also after some software for it if Possible ?

Cheers in advance

Huxley

Cellocator Compact Can

Re: Cellocator Compact Can

Sent to your e-mail.

Владимир Тихончук
Gurtam

Cellocator Compact Can

Thank you

I'm off to have a look Cheers

Cellocator Compact Can

(16/09/2014 01:51:46 отредактировано Huxley)

is there any way round the crypt key/dongle  ?

Cellocator Compact Can

Hi Huxley,

no way. We have dozends of devices from them here in our office (exchange from existing customers who switched their provider to us) and totaly useless.
so a case for the trash bin and a company not to choose from!

Wolf.

P.S. if someone from your guys reads this: we so often talked to you and always got "you need to buy evaluation kit, you need to buy evaluation kit"... i mean: we had the devices here, we could have test them together with our customers and that all without spending huge amount of money for new test devices. if they would have worked fine --> new customer for you. so we put them to the trash and decided: bad support at all...

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

Cellocator Compact Can

Hi, everyone.
Just for your information:
The latest versions of Cellocator software does not requires the Dongle.
You can get the software, after signing an NDA with their sales manager (Paula Green: Paulag@pointer.com).
After that, just register at the site www.cellocator.com and wait for your credentials to be approved.
If the issue is urgent, ask Paula and she'll help you speed things up.

Note, that NDA thingy is mandatory.

Cellocator Compact Can

Huxley пишет:

...I have had no luck with getting any information from Pointer Telecom ...

Hi, Huxley!
Who were you contacting?
Next time you need help, write a letter to:
Borisg@pointer.com
And don't forget to CC your sales manager.
If you don't have one - CC Paulag@pointer.com

Best of luck!

Cellocator Compact Can

wwbusch aka Buwo пишет:

...if someone from your guys reads this: we so often talked to you and always got "you need to buy evaluation kit, you need to buy evaluation kit"... i mean: we had the devices here, we could have test them together with our customers and that all without spending huge amount of money for new test devices. if they would have worked fine --> new customer for you. so we put them to the trash and decided: bad support at all...

Are you sure you can work with the units you have taken down from a vehicle?
Do you have all the needed equipment?
The Evaluation Kit is made especially for new customer, so they get all the needed equipment, to program and maintain the units.
Sorry, but equipment costs money.

BTW: There are "Partial Evaluation Kits", that cost less, but you don't get some equipment, that would've improve your expirience.

If you are interested in working with Cellocator Equipment - contact Paula Green at paulag@pointer.com
Maybe she can arrange some cheap alternative to the full Evaluation Kit.

Cellocator Compact Can

ok thanks,

going to try that way again.

Wolf.

Cellocator Compact Can

borisg пишет:
wwbusch aka Buwo пишет:

...if someone from your guys reads this: we so often talked to you and always got "you need to buy evaluation kit, you need to buy evaluation kit"... i mean: we had the devices here, we could have test them together with our customers and that all without spending huge amount of money for new test devices. if they would have worked fine --> new customer for you. so we put them to the trash and decided: bad support at all...

Are you sure you can work with the units you have taken down from a vehicle?
Do you have all the needed equipment?
The Evaluation Kit is made especially for new customer, so they get all the needed equipment, to program and maintain the units.
Sorry, but equipment costs money.

BTW: There are "Partial Evaluation Kits", that cost less, but you don't get some equipment, that would've improve your expirience.

If you are interested in working with Cellocator Equipment - contact Paula Green at paulag@pointer.com
Maybe she can arrange some cheap alternative to the full Evaluation Kit.

Hi Boris,

seems to be company policy to not do any kind of business / support without buying Evaluation Kit...

If i buy a teltonika i download the config software from their website, put a cable on it and use it.
if i buy a GalileoSky Unit, i go on their website, download the config software and here we go.
if i buy a "choose any other successfull competitor exept that from the US"-device..... and so on and so on.

in my eyes this is a bit smugy to tell the truth ;-)
But of cause we can accept that (no other way for us hihi).

Wolf.

Cellocator Compact Can

wwbusch aka Buwo пишет:

...seems to be company policy to not do any kind of business / support without buying Evaluation Kit...

wwbusch aka Buwo пишет:

...in my eyes this is a bit smugy to tell the truth ;-)...

Hi, Wolf.
I do understand, that investing an appreciable amount of money into a product you do not know is a hard decision.
But if you do that, you get free of charge the technical support (G-d knows it's needed) and the Maintanance server, which is maintained by the Cellocator and eases up units maintenance.

Cellocator Compact Can

Hi Boris,

i have here on my office-room samples and "evaluation-kits" worth more than 20.000 USD (collected since 2009). all of this money just spent for learning "what is bad hardware and what we should not buy". Its not about a few hundred bucks for buying something. its all about "is it worth or not".

but i think this is not the place for general discussions :-))
When you wrote that configuration is now possibly without dongles i was happy and thought that something changed just to hear that i dont need the dongle but need the evaluation kit (which includes the dongle) har har har

CU maybe in Minsk
Wolf.

Cellocator Compact Can

So how much is the evaluation kit from Pointer ?

Cellocator Compact Can

wwbusch aka Buwo пишет:

...i think this is not the place for general discussions :-))...

You're absolutley right. Contact one of Pointer Sales managers to find out more.
If you've bought any equipment directly from Pointer, it may be possible, that you'll get the technical support you may need to operate their units.
If you buy a low cost eval. kit, you will get the support.
As I said earlier: Evaluation kit, in addition to all the hardware, buys you technical support. That's the main reason, why it's a compulsory requirement. It's not about license or software, it's about keeping support available to serious customers.

Huxley пишет:

So how much is the evaluation kit from Pointer ?

Hi, Huxley.
Please contact Pointer Sales Manager: PaulaG@pointer.com.
She'll update you with the needed information.

Cellocator Compact Can

(07/09/2022 14:26:36 отредактировано ankyzop)

The latest versions of Cellocator software does not requires the Dongle. techzpod download mobdro

Cellocator Compact Can

How much does it cost to purchase the Pointer evaluation kit?