Measure fuel with UZI , CANBus , Volvo fh12 truck

Тема: Measure fuel with UZI , CANBus , Volvo fh12 truck

Hello

First I'm from Bulgaria, and my name is Radoslav Raykov. I saw that Wialon offers everything what I want and to be most exactly i want a few things

1) to track trucks in real time of course and to can trace their history
2) to be able to using garmin navigation for dispatching and two-way comunication with driver
3) And of course the most important - to track the fuel consumption of the truck

I want litle bit help from people who already work with these functions successfully to give me advice on what gps tracking devices to use. To achieve these requirements.

The trucks are Volvo fh12  (from 2004 to 2010 )one truck has 2 tanks, one 800 liters and one 400 liters. Are there people who have successfully installed the GPS tracking devices of that trucks and successfully measured him fuel consumption ?

Generally I do not want to drilling the fuel tank and to install additional sensors (to not break the Vehicle warranty)
But I would be happy if people who have done this on this type of truck to tell me how many additional sensors require one or two?
Or if someone uses the original sensor from the truck dashboard, can tell me method to calibrate the fuel tank?

Most will be happy if someone said that was able to measure fuel consumption through CANBus
Another option is ultrasonic sensors like " UZI" - How many sensors are needed and with what gps tracking devices are compatible ? I mean can I monitor the fuel consumption of truck like Volvo with 2 fuel tanks on the truck and one fuel tank of the aggregate (of the truck trailer)

I would be very grateful for your help. Thanks in advance.

(30/12/2011 02:07:03 отредактировано GuardMagic)

Re: Measure fuel with UZI , CANBus , Volvo fh12 truck

no0bles пишет:

Generally I do not want to drilling the fuel tank and to install additional sensors (to not break the Vehicle warranty)

Most will be happy if someone said that was able to measure fuel consumption through CANBus

1) If you will make directly electrical connection to vehicle CANbus - you can (will) officially break the truck waranty.

2) You can try to contact with your official Volvo distributor and ask them about the official rights to connection to CAN bus.

3) Regular vehicle fuel level sensor as usual have a very low resolution (in modern vehicle it can be about 6 ... 12 levels. It is enough for operation, but not enough for calculation fuel volume in fuel tank).

4) Not any vehicle "regular fuel measurement system" (more correct will name it: fuel indication system) will not allow you to have real information about multi tanks (two , three tanks etc).

www.guardmagic.com ;
www.tankercontrol.com;

Products for vehicle and fuel monitoring

Hi Radoslav,

We can help you with the answers on your questions and the solution you need.
You can contact me directly by Skype : hsrutgers

Best regards

Harm.S.Rutgers

GuardMagic пишет:
no0bles пишет:

1) If you will make electrical connection vehicle CANbus - you will officially break the truck waranty.
2) You can try yo contact with your official Volvo distributor and ask them about the official rights to connection to CAN bus.
3) Regular vehicle fuel level sensor as usual have a very low resolution (in modern vehicle it can be about 6 ... 12 levels. It is enough for operation, but not enough for calculation fuel volume in fuel tank).
4) Not any vehicle "regular fuel measurement system" (more correc will be named: fuel indication system) will not allow you to have real informationabout multi tanks (two , three tanks etc).

Hi, about CANBus - almost every manufacturer of devices that reads data from CANBus have contactless technology that reads the signal from the wires Insulation (High and Low chanels ) or if not have that is offer on the market as a separate device.

]Hello,
You can aply to Cast -Engineering from Plovdiv www.cast-bg.net who are very experienced in the field.
Good luck!

First I'm from Bulgaria, and my name is Radoslav Raykov. I saw that Wialon offers everything what I want and to be most exactly i want a few things