Fuel sensor values are irregular

Тема: Fuel sensor values are irregular

The sensor value are irregular, causing a false value of fuel level and fuel consumed.
The fuel level at the end of daily consumption becomes higher than the level at the start of the day.

I have attached an image of the chart for this case.

I use mechatronics FLS sensor and I will appreciate if anyone has an idea on how to sort this.

• Fuel sensor values are irregular

Re: Fuel sensor values are irregular

harrison on the Wialon side, you can raise the Filtration level, in the FLS settings. Also, add the Processed fuel level into the charts, since the system uses only the Processed level.

Thank you Pach. I had set the Filtration type to 'Median filteration' and set the Filtration level to 15.

Do I need to increase the level or make any changes to the setting.

harrison you can set adaptive filtration, so the system calculates the filtration level itself. Otherwise, I may recommend starting with the values from 3 to 7, and raise it only if needed (fluctuation becomes acceptable). Other settings can be changed basing on the requirements and conditions. For example, if you use the time-based algorithm, you have to add the idling consumption rates into the Ignition sensor, etc.

Okay, thank you.

I would like to have a call with you to help me better discuss all the edge cases of the issue. And to help me resolve.

Kindly let me know if that is okay for you,and when will be convenient.

harrison you can clarify specific examples with the support by sending them a request to support@wialon.com I can not arrange a call/online session.

Thanks for your sharing, it's very helpful