Sending a command to a unit Turn off/on remotly

Тема: Sending a command to a unit Turn off/on remotly

Dears,

I need more explaining on Sending a unit off/on command using JOBS tab,
if i send an off command to a unit will it stay off until i send another command ( turn ON), and what is the best option to turn it on when needed?

how to specifiy a time interval for the unit to be OFF and not be allowed to be turned ON  only at the end of the time interval or selected time from user.

for example a client need his car to be turned off at 6:00 pm and be allowed to be turned on at 8:00 am next day, from sunday to thursday.

i would be thankful for your help.

Re: Sending a command to a unit Turn off/on remotly

mohammed111 sending a command via the job is an action that speaks for itself. The job just schedules a command to be automatically sent according to the predefined timetable. That is it.

If you configure the job to send the Off command at 6pm, it would trigger and send the command (the communication channel should be available, of course).
If you configure the job to send the On command at 8am, it would trigger and send the command.

It does not mean, that a vehicle will not be turned On outside the specified hours. A command can be for example sent from a mobile phone, not necessarily from Wialon.

Anyway, from the Wialon side, you can setup the jobs in the following manner:

• Sending a command to a unit Turn off/on remotly
  • Sending a command to a unit Turn off/on remotly

(20/06/2023 11:38:48 отредактировано mohammed111)

Thank you very much pach , i understand but i have a point i need more clarification mentioned by you:  "It does not mean, that a vehicle will not be turned On outside the specified hours" , Does you mean that a driver still able to turn ON the car for example at 07:00 pm after it recieved the OFF command at 06:00 pm?

Some Clients request that the car is not allowed to be turned ON until the turn ON command time come.

thanks again for your help and apologize if i ask alot of questions.

mohammed111 the possibility to use a vehicle after it had been locked, depends on the tracker. It is the hardware side, not the Monitoring system. I suggest contacting the hardware manufacturer to clarify, what happens when the tracker gets the locking command, and it is possible to somehow unlock a vehicle after that.

Appreciate the help. everything is resolved for this questions thanks again