UI Icons Size Adjustment and Border

Тема: UI Icons Size Adjustment and Border

Hello,
With the new UI coming, I have some suggestions about the Icons. Please, look this topic:
https://forum.gurtam.com/viewtopic.php? … 64#p180064

Problem:
Using images as icons in the platform, doesn't help because the icons doesn't have a size adjustment.

Solution:
Change the way you choose a image to become an icon:
Select the image;
The platform will ask to adjust the dimensions of the image (square);
The icon will have a circle border (would be nice too if this border color could be changed or used as a state of a sensor).
In the mobile app, the icons will fullfill the whole circle that have the icon image.

User:
Using the real images of the vehicles makes tha platform look better and users to identify the vehicles easier.

• UI Icons Size Adjustment and Border
Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

Re: UI Icons Size Adjustment and Border

Hello GT, do we have any news on this?

Fernando Brochetto

Hello Fernando Fernando Brochetto,

First of all, I want to apologize for such a long delay in response.

I have thought long and hard about your request and discussed it with my colleagues to see if we can implement the proposed mechanism.
And now I want to make some comments on your proposal.

At the moment, Wialon is still more focused on displaying icons, not pictures and photos. If you look at the attached screenshot, you can see that the icons are reflected correctly and beautifully.  However, I understand that it is convenient to use real photos of a car as an image that identifies an object. On this basis, I can say that the proposal to add a mechanism for selecting the area of display (cropping) of the uploaded image sounds very interesting.

In general, we can implement such scheme of work with "icons". We need to introduce minimum and maximum restrictions for the area where the icon itself is displayed, as well as restrictions in the cropping itself. The correct display of icons (exactly icons) will be saved. In addition, we can save the original image and the coordinates of the frame by which the image was cropped so that the user can edit it if necessary. In this case, the icon will, as now, have a rectangular (square) shape, we will not change it for a circle.

A few words about the mobile application:

- as I see it, the size of the image in the mobile application is so small that perhaps changing the mechanism of working with the icon will not bring any significant benefits;
- if we make such changes in Wialon Hosting, it won't affect the mobile application in any way. Such an implementation is also necessary on the side of the mobile application itself. Indeed, the image is uploaded to the web version (at the same time we store it in its original form), but the way it is displayed is determined in the mobile application.
----
Since the publication, the request has not found support among the partner community, so it is impossible to say that we will implement this feature in the near future. As you know, more feedback and cases are needed to make us understand the value of the request. But I will add your proposal to the list of suggestions for product development. If there's any news, we'll keep you informed on this topic.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

Hello mana, thank you for your feedback.

Since the publication, the request has not found support among the partner community, so it is impossible to say that we will implement this feature in the near future. As you know, more feedback and cases are needed to make us understand the value of the request. But I will add your proposal to the list of suggestions for product development. If there's any news, we'll keep you informed on this topic.

Yes, as we have this tool in the other app we use, we saw how the clients adored this function: our new clients never talked about this function, but the ones who we migrated, many times asks to implement this new function inside Wialon because like the screenshots I published in the other topic, they used to use a lot. It doesn't increases many functions for Wialon, but allows for a greater customization/design.

I'll be looking forward to news haha, thank you!

Fernando Brochetto

Hello GT,
New update has come in the other platform we use and have some improvements with images. I really believe this should be taken into account in the interface of a modern and advanced platform like Wialon.

Fernando Brochetto

Hello mana, how are you?
Do we maybe have some news on this?

Fernando Brochetto

Hi, Fernando Brochetto,
unfortunately, I have no good news for you.
But we plan to start global work on the Wialon UI as a whole, so maybe we can get back to your idea.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

That's great mana, this function is very common in other platforms.

Fernando Brochetto