Event Table Improvements

(22/06/2021 17:06:01 отредактировано Fernando Brochetto)

Тема: Event Table Improvements

Hello,
Event table is many times used for having the events of notifications. I've already shown this need in others topics and have separated to get more relevance.

Problem:
Is hard to know sometimes what notification happened looking only for the description of the notification in the table events.

Solution:
Create a column inside the table of the Name of the Notification, and also a groupment type of Name of the Notification.
In parallel, another solution would be to create a notifications table.
Also, with the new module of videos, the column videos should be implemented, would be a easy way to have a report with the videos from the notifications.

• Event Table Improvements
Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

Event Table Improvements

Re: Event Table Improvements

Hi Fernando Brochetto ! Hope you're well!
thanks for your request. Let's speak about it:)

I would divide it into 2 parts:

1. Add a new column to the Events table with the name of the notification by which the event was registered and the corresponding grouping (it becomes automatically active when a new column is added).

Why do you need to know exactly the name of the notification? How will this information help you in the table?
In my opinion, it is not very correct to add such "narrow" columns, since they do not apply to all events, but only to one of the types. When adding such information for all other events, the column will always be with dashes.
In addition, we recently added a new column "Event Type", which displays information about what triggered the event registration. For example, if an event was registered due to the triggering of a task to save the mileage counter value, then the type of event will correspond to the type of task (mileage accounting, engine hours accounting or gprs traffic accounting).

A small additional question: what kind of event is shown in your screenshot? Is this an arbitrary event that is registered via the online notification window or the Event Registrator?

2. Implement the Notifications table.

So far I do not quite understand why there is a separate table for notifications and what benefits it can bring to our partners. Therefore, I would like to get more details.
In general, I would like to understand what information the table should provide? Could you describe the content you would like to see in it?

I look forward to your answers.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

Event Table Improvements

Hello mana, I'm fine, thanks, how are you?

The reason for both suggestions are that generally our clients are always using events table only for getting information about notifications.
When you have a notification, you want to know what it is, a short description, but generally a custom description: Entered Home, High Speed, Speed Limit Exceeded, Tracker Removed, Tracker Power Off, ...
But they also would like a way to have a bigger description of the event, for example, the speed the vehicle was when the notification was triggered, where it was, when, the driver... instant information. The point is that they need two kind of descriptions, one short and and the other one long, but custom notifcations.
Also, now that there is the new video module, I really believe this table would be the best for finding the videos, maybe you could create some filters inside the report: Only events from notifications, only events with video... I think that just improving the table of events would help a lot.
If you create this column and also a groupment of it, it would be possible for example to have a report of every time the tracker was disconnected, every time the DMS sensor has detected fatigue, grouped in the way you want.

A small additional question: what kind of event is shown in your screenshot? Is this an arbitrary event that is registered via the online notification window or the Event Registrator?

It was the description of speeding notifications, registered as event automatically.

In general, I would like to understand what information the table should provide? Could you describe the content you would like to see in it?

If you create a notification table, wouldn't have anymore to always enable inside the notifications to register as event;
Unit;
Driver;
Trailer;
Name of the notification;
It could include coulumns of the state of sensors at the moment of notification;
Description of notifications;
Date;
Location;
Speed;
Video.

Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

Event Table Improvements

Fernando Brochetto,

thank you for the detailed explanation. In general, the request is clear.

I will note your interest in the improvement of the Event table, as well as the request for a new type of report, but I can confidently say that no developments should be expected this year. As you can see, the proposal did not resonate with other partners, so the task will be added to the list of product development proposals with the lowest priority.
Perhaps, if we start analyzing the implementation of the report constructor, which we talked about many times before, then we will be able to take this task into account, but so far I cannot guarantee this.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon