Improvements for Video Module

(07/06/2021 22:34:29 отредактировано Fernando Brochetto)

Тема: Improvements for Video Module

Hello,
We are starting with video solutions and I think a topic where every partner could share their experience and feedback would be really cool.

Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

(08/06/2021 14:52:28 отредактировано Fernando Brochetto)

Re: Improvements for Video Module

01) The video screen could allow to see different cammeras from different vehicles like the screenshot.
02) To save on data packets, a function to automatically pause live videos as this topic: https://forum.gurtam.com/viewtopic.php?id=18004
03) In the playback screen, an option to see and search for more than one cammera + option to zoom in the timeline with the mouse scroll.
04) Possibility to select interval of days.
05) There are cammeras that have speakers/mic, the video module could have this funcionality integrated too, perhaps a button to connect with the MDVR.
06) Add video module inside Wialon Mobile app.

• Improvements for Video Module
Fernando Brochetto

(09/06/2021 17:18:55 отредактировано Fernando Brochetto)

07) Possibility to create custom tags and edit the vídeo tags.
08) Having more control icons buttons, without needing to click with the mouse to appear, for example download button.

Fernando Brochetto

I also think that there should be a feature that can relates the violations and recorded/uploaded videos. As an example if we execute an ECO Driving report then from the same table be able to open related video (from another column of same table)

Hello hhamedk,
I agree, we are getting the information of the violations as events, but we don't have a column that shows the speed of the vehicle at the moment of the violation, we don't have a column that shows the name of the notification (https://forum.gurtam.com/viewtopic.php?id=15429 - N.4), it is actually missing somethings.
I was trying to use report of eco driving creating sensors from the DMS cammera and other events from the MDVRs and then creating some criterias, but the problem is that there are events that doesn't happen when the unit is in a trip.

Fernando Brochetto

Fernando Brochetto
Hi Fernando, thank you for starting this topic and for nice ideas. Below I will comment on them:

Fernando Brochetto пишет:

01) The video screen could allow to see different cammeras from different vehicles like the screenshot.

We have already thought about this functionality and even made some mock-ups. The understanding that we fail to have is for how many units/cameras on the screen at a time it is still efficient and makes sense? Could you please provide some examples here?

02) To save on data packets, a function to automatically pause live videos as this topic: https://forum.gurtam.com/viewtopic.php?id=18004

Yes, we will add this soon. After what time in your opinion the video should be stopped?

03) In the playback screen, an option to see and search for more than one cammera + option to zoom in the timeline with the mouse scroll.

In the next months we will add an ability to see playback for more than one camera and save the video file correspondingly.

What concerns zooming in the timeline with the mouse scroll, I have a question to you: what is the duration for which you usually request the playback? Is it that huge that you really need to zoom in?

04) Possibility to select interval of days.

Currently in the tab Files (Arquivo) in your screenshot the system displays all saved files - both automatically via Notifications and manually from playback. The calendar in the screenshot functions as a filter to show files for the necessary period only. So when you filter do you know for what particular day you want to see files?

05) There are cammeras that have speakers/mic, the video module could have this funcionality integrated too, perhaps a button to connect with the MDVR.

Fernando, do you mean having an ability to play sound when the video is played? What is the device type you use? For some of the device types the audio is also supported which means that when watching live stream/playback you can hear sound as well. Without any additional development from Wialon side.

06) Add video module inside Wialon Mobile app.

It is being worked on at the moment.

07) Possibility to create custom tags and edit the vídeo tags.

Fernando, could you please explain why it is necessary to have custom tags? What would they be?
We have an intention to give an ability to rename the files, would this help? (instead of custom tags or description)

08) Having more control icons buttons, without needing to click with the mouse to appear, for example download button.

Fernando, do you mean that for the options such as downloading a file or making a screenshot you want to have separately dedicated buttons and now to hide them under a 'three dot icon'?

Thank you for your feedback and looking forward to get more clarifications!

Maria Starikova,
Wialon Hosting Product manager, Gurtam

Hi Hamed, hhamedk

hhamedk пишет:

I also think that there should be a feature that can relates the violations and recorded/uploaded videos. As an example if we execute an ECO Driving report then from the same table be able to open related video (from another column of same table)

This feature is already available. You can set up notifications the way the video files are saved when there is a violation (or any other event that happens to a vehicle actually). Then you can create and run a report with the necessary table - let's say Trips table. If the column Video is selected in the table settings, the system will try to link the interval of a trip (or another event that corresponds to the selected table - fuel fillings, fuel thefts) to the video files that were triggered and saved within this interval.

In the screenshot below I created the table Messages tracing and as you see the system linked some of the rows to the video files following the logic I described. By clicking on the icon with the camera, the system will allow playing the video.

Maria Starikova,

Hello mars, thank you for your feedback, I'm going to answer it soon.
Now I have another request for improvement.
As I talked with support, Wialon cannot read video in encoding H.265. Attached I have the differences of storage between H.264 vs H.265.
H.265 consumes 40% less storage than H.264, would be a great benefit within the platform, including a differential against other systems having this feature.

Fernando Brochetto

Fernando Brochetto  Hello Fernando

H265 codec isn't supported by most of WEB browsers.
It's not only technical reason but license too (patents are owned by many groups of holders). That's why browsers don't work with it.
We can't create our own player and can't use browser's player. We can only convert H265 to H264. But it need a lot of server resources. Dozens and hundreds times more than working directly with H264.
That's why it's very complicated task.
But we continue our research and do our best to find the solution.

Viktor Yarovenko
Business Analyst
Wialon

mars, as I understood this is a recent feature and not available on WL 2104, correct?
BTW, the feature is really interesting. I have asked it previously.

hhamedk
You are right, it is not available in Wialon Local yet. You can learn more here.

Maria Starikova,

(18/06/2021 20:50:52 отредактировано Fernando Brochetto)

Hello mars, how are you?

We have already thought about this functionality and even made some mock-ups. The understanding that we fail to have is for how many units/cameras on the screen at a time it is still efficient and makes sense? Could you please provide some examples here?

1) I don't think it should be a lot, it could be used for fleets that are working in the same place, for example an escavator + dump truck, convoy of vehicles arriving at the customer, I believe up to 16.

Yes, we will add this soon. After what time in your opinion the video should be stopped?

2) Actually I think this should be configurated according to the vehicle. For example, if the unit have only 2 cammeras, it wont consume too much data as a unit that have 4 cammeras. I think a range from 30 seconds to 3 minutes.

What concerns zooming in the timeline with the mouse scroll, I have a question to you: what is the duration for which you usually request the playback? Is it that huge that you really need to zoom in?

3) Generally we use for the period of a day, but many times we try to find a specific video, the scale we use is from seconds, so if we are able to use the mouse for zooming to the specific time, it would help a lot.

Currently in the tab Files (Arquivo) in your screenshot the system displays all saved files - both automatically via Notifications and manually from playback. The calendar in the screenshot functions as a filter to show files for the necessary period only. So when you filter do you know for what particular day you want to see files?

4) Actually the improvement requested was suposed to be for the playback screen, because we have clients that works in shifts, so in this cases you have to select intervals of like: 18:00 - 06:00

Fernando, do you mean having an ability to play sound when the video is played? What is the device type you use? For some of the device types the audio is also supported which means that when watching live stream/playback you can hear sound as well. Without any additional development from Wialon side.

5) Sorry, I don't think I explained it right. I mean, a button for push to talk. For example Dashcams from howen have speakers, we could make a directly call to the driver from Wialon -> Dashcam.

It is being worked on at the moment.

6) \o/

Fernando, could you please explain why it is necessary to have custom tags? What would they be?
We have an intention to give an ability to rename the files, would this help? (instead of custom tags or description)

7) Great, this is enough, the idea is for being able to write something on each video.

Fernando, do you mean that for the options such as downloading a file or making a screenshot you want to have separately dedicated buttons and now to hide them under a 'three dot icon'?

8)  Yes, I think that some users won't realize that you can just right click and downlad the video, this would facilitate things.

Fernando Brochetto

3) Generally we use for the period of a day, but many times we try to find a specific video, the scale we use is from seconds, so if we are able to use the mouse for zooming to the specific time, it would help a lot.

Fernando, and could you please add a little bit here? What is the use case for playback? Do you usually know for what period with an event to look for in the playback or you need to look through all the requested timeline to figure out whether there were some events that are worth deeper analysis or not?

4) Actually the improvement requested was suposed to be for the playback screen, because we have clients that works in shifts, so in this cases you have to select intervals of like: 18:00 - 06:00

Good suggestion, will think about it and take care of it.

5) Sorry, I don't think I explained it right. I mean, a button for push to talk. For example Dashcams from howen have speakers, we could make a directly call to the driver from Wialon -> Dashcam.

It is not possible to make calls from a web interface to a dashcam.

8)  Yes, I think that some users won't realize that you can just right click and downlad the video, this would facilitate things.

That's quite right, but on the other side this does not require any additional development from us and we can dedicate our resources to some other cool features of video.

Besides, it is native behavior to save image in browser via a menu that opens when the right-click is made. The same is true for video.

Maria Starikova,

Hello mars,

Fernando, and could you please add a little bit here? What is the use case for playback? Do you usually know for what period with an event to look for in the playback or you need to look through all the requested timeline to figure out whether there were some events that are worth deeper analysis or not?

Yes, for example, you look for the interval when a vehicle malfunction appeared:
To find this out, you will first try to find on a large scale the part where there was no damage and where there was damage.
You'll zoom in on the timeline to make it easy to find exactly the part where the event happened, you'll be able to navigate the exact seconds of the event when the timeline scale is seconds

Fernando Brochetto