1000 digits separator

Тема: 1000 digits separator

Hi GT

It would be great we we have 1000 separator sign "," in reports and some other part of system. It is important when we are working with big numbers like mileage of vehicles in a period of 6 month or more. It would be great if we have it as an option in user setting to apply this separator.

I have to mention that this idea is coming from Gressy Azrak, Gurtam partner in UAE and as I found it useful I posted it here.

Other partners please share your valuable opinions.

1000 digits separator

(11/10/2019 11:13:13 отредактировано mana)

Re: 1000 digits separator

Hello, hhamedk!
I understood your suggestion. But I have such question: what do you expect to see in the Excel report? The thing is, this separator is not parsed and in the Excel can show only fractional part.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

1000 digits separator

(12/10/2019 15:43:34 отредактировано hhamedk)

mana wrote:

I understood your suggestion. But I have such question: what do you expect to see in the Excel report? The thing is, this separator is not parsed and in the Excel can show only fractional part.

You can set exported file to contain these separators as Excel itself has possibility to add these separators in Format Cell. So, you just need to create Excel file and set cells which are subjected to this case to have 1000 separator. As an option you can even leave this function in Excel exported file as it's really easy in Excel to format numbers to has such separator.

1000 digits separator

Up...

1000 digits separator

Hi GT

Would you please inform us about your decision in this regards?

1000 digits separator

Hi
Can I also follow up on the same matter?

regards,

1000 digits separator

Up

1000 digits separator

Good day to all,

Thank you for your suggestion, it makes sens. This will simplify the work and analysis of indicators when working with large numbers in reports over a long period of time.
I noted it in our backlog. But I can't tell you the exact timing of the implementation it.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

1000 digits separator

mana, this request doesn't seem a big deal in comparison with some other requests. Would you please add it in next month upgrade?

1000 digits separator

Hello hhamedk,

I want to inform you that we are starting a detailed study of the proposed idea.
I’ll write about the exact release dates in the near future.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

1000 digits separator

mana, any update?

1000 digits separator

Hello Hamed hhamedk,

thanks for reminding smile We plan to release the feature in April. I will write based on the results of the update.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

1000 digits separator

Dear hhamedk, waelh, charles.azrak,

I want to inform you that we have finally released an update that includes the 1000 separator feature. You can find the function in the General section of the report template settings. Please see how it works.
1000 digits separator

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

1000 digits separator

Hello mana, here in Brazil we use . (dot) instead of , (comma), and , (comma) instead of . (dot).
So many times we have to do some adjustments before using a report inside Excel.
Do you think Gurtam could do a new update for the inclusion of these cases?
Example: R$ 1.500.000,00

Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

1000 digits separator

Hello Fernando Brochetto,

While we are not considering such a development, but it is potentially possible to move the setting of separators into the user settings and make it a regional setting (for example, as a time or date format).
But we have a lot of places in the system where a comma is used as a decimal separator, so the improvement is very labour-consuming. Because requests have not been received before, then you should not wait for implementation in the foreseeable future, but I will add the task to the list of proposals for product development. We will collect such requests.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon