Logistics Mobile improvements - Drive to location

Тема: Logistics Mobile improvements - Drive to location

We implemented Logistics for one client  and received several complains from drivers that the navigation app is not taking at the exact address, but somewhere in the area (few numbers up or don the street). One driver missed the address by 2 streets and it he was not amused at all.

We started to investigate the problem and found out that When the driver receives an order, he clicks on it and on his phone he will see the map and a pin showing the location/address. Long Pressing the pin takes us to the GPS app where...surprize...is another address ( very close to the original one, but most likely different house number ) .

Basically every time you press it can take you to another address in the neighborhood.

We tested several time and concluded that the GPS will not take the driver to the Order address, but it will take him to the exact location where his finger was on the map, when long pressing the pin.
To have a chance of success he should zoom in maximum and press the tip of the pin.

I believe that no matter where some driver  long-presses the map, it should take him to the order address( one specified inside order).

Let's fix this !!!

I see to options:
  1. Add a special "Drive to " button in the app
  2. Fix the behavior of long-pressing on the map and use Order Address as destination address

Waiting for your comments smile

Thank you

Re: Logistics Mobile improvements - Drive to location

Hello. The thing is that pin does not have long tap, this is all about map. So as you notices it is " the exact location where his finger was on the map".

What do you think, will adding "drive to" button to the order tab at the top of the map solve the question?

Hi,

I would add the "Drive To Location" button in the panned describing the order just like in the attached picture

Tony

• Logistics Mobile improvements - Drive to location

Yes, something like this

Just do it!

:-)
Nike

I thought about this yesterday and I agree, a Navigate or Drive To button in the order would be ideal.

Are there any updates on this functionality?

Good day, Coops!

We plan to improve this functionality by the end of the year.

Anton Voitenko,
Wialon Logistics Product Manager, Gurtam

This has not been implemented for the Android tablet in preferred landscape mode. See forum topic https://forum.gurtam.com/viewtopic.php?id=17867

Stewart, you can call the "Navigate to" function by tapping and holding the point on the map.

Could you tell me why you need a button if you can just click on the order icon on the map?

Anton Voitenko,
Wialon Logistics Product Manager, Gurtam