Custom Fields -> Sensors

Тема: Custom Fields -> Sensors

Hello GT and partners,
I'll show a case where adding the possibility to use custom field as a constant in the parameters field inside sensors would facilitate things.

Problem:
When you use fuel monitoring and receive the value in percentage, you have to transform in l/gal to control fillings and averages, but firstly you need to know the volume of the whole tank. Today we don't allow clients to edit sensors and this must be configured by us.

Solution:
Implent the option to use custom fields in sensors:
Create a generic Tank Volume field for every unit,
Create the FLS: parameter*constant0.01*custom_field(Tank Volume)
Now the client just have to insert the volume of the tank inside the custom field.

Users:
Will be autonomous and probabily this function would make other cases possible.

Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

Custom Fields -> Sensors

Re: Custom Fields -> Sensors

Hello Fernando Brochetto,

Your case is very interesting and non-standard. We do not often see cases when the equipment sends а fuel level in percentage. Your suggestion to allow the use of custom fields in the sensor parameter sounds useful and logical for such situations.

However, I have a few questions for you:
1. Сan the equipment send only a percentage value?
I additionally clarify this question, as some types can send values in two formats - in litres and in percentages.
2. How many such vehicles are there in your customers' fleets?
If there are not so many, it is easier to enter the value manually once for the sensor. Since the tank volume of the vehicle does not change, this constant will need to be entered once. Besides, you can make a mistake when working with text fields (e.g. specifying the wrong name for a custom field, and then dealing with the situation where the values are not calculated in reports for a long time).
3. In what other cases can the use of custom fields in sensor parameters be useful?
It is possible that such improvement may be potentially useful for other types of sensors, not just fuel sensors.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

Custom Fields -> Sensors

(26/10/2020 20:13:45 отредактировано Fernando Brochetto)

Hello mana,
We are getting the fuel level by Teltonika OBDII/Dongles (equipment connected to OBDII that sends by Bluetooth data to the tracker, FMB920).

1. The equipment sends only parameter with percentage of the tank.

2. Actually we are not using it very much because we are finishing tests with some OBDII Dongles to start offering the product, so its about up to 10 units for now. So for now we can easily configure by ourselves inside the sensors.

3. Actually I don't know hahaha, nothing comes in my mind.

It is possible that such improvement may be potentially useful for other types of sensors, not just fuel sensors.

Yes, I really believe too, hope other partners share their opinion too smile.

Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

Custom Fields -> Sensors

Hello Fernando Brochetto,

thanks for the answers. I have marked your proposal in the list of ideas.

But so far, as you can see, other partners have not supported the request, so I cannot give you any timelines.
I hope that in the near future other integrators will appreciate your idea and give their cases when using custom fields in a sensor parameter would be useful.

К сожалению, у вас не достаточно прав для просмотра данного текста

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon