One-way road violation detection

Тема: One-way road violation detection

Hi GT

I'm just imagining that how it would be great if we could have an option to detect one-way roads violations. As I guess such data are available in Gurtam Map (as it uses them for route calculation) so that is possible technically to have this option in reports or notifications.

Re: One-way road violation detection

Hi Hamed, i rarely beleave that the data is so actual for such data...
Wolf.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

GT Team, do you confirm what wwbusch aka Buwo told?

hhamedk wwbusch aka Buwo
Hi Hamed and Wolf,
The data regarding one-way roads in Gurtam Maps are just as actual as data regarding any other elements in the map. They are updated within our regular updates of maps. For some regions maps are updated once a months, for others - once in several months or even half a year.

And Hamed you are 100% right that we already use these data in routing that's why it is technically possible to use them for notifications when a vehicle starts travelling in the wrong direction on a one-way road (I hope this is what you actually meant under one-way roads violations).

Why you think it can be useful? How do you currently control such violations?

Maria Starikova,
Wialon Hosting Product manager, Gurtam

mars wrote:

The data regarding one-way roads in Gurtam Maps are just as actual as data regarding any other elements in the map. They are updated within our regular updates of maps. For some regions maps are updated once a months, for others - once in several months or even half a year.

I guess that is fine at least for our region.

And Hamed you are 100% right that we already use these data in routing that's why it is technically possible to use them for notifications when a vehicle starts travelling in the wrong direction on a one-way road (I hope this is what you actually meant under one-way roads violations).

I mean exactly same.

Why you think it can be useful? How do you currently control such violations?

We have many of such violations in our country. We have not any option to control them right now. To be honest with you this is a request from one of our biggest customers and as we received it we found out that is possible technically. Like speed violations, if we can control this type of violations we can help to decrease them. Such violations are potentially a reason of further costs (Tickets, Accidents).

hhamedk
Hamed, could you please share how do you know that particularly in your region there are so many violations on one-way roads? Are these some peculiarities of your region?

I will note down your idea anyway as it is quite reasonable, but it needs more support from community as it is not an easy task and will require a lot of additional development.

Maria Starikova,
Wialon Hosting Product manager, Gurtam

mars

Hamed, could you please share how do you know that particularly in your region there are so many violations on one-way roads? Are these some peculiarities of your region?

Here we have so many crazy drivers and what I have shared with you was one of our customers works. They receive such reports from citizens who send SMS or call them and report their drivers driving behavior.