Routing for heavy trucks

Тема: Routing for heavy trucks

Hello all
Is there an app or map layer we can use for routing trucks?
Prefer this as part of Wialon dashboard.
Customer needs to know about height of low bridges and weight restrictions for trucks and semi trailers.
UK and Europe
Any advice appreciated.

Routing for heavy trucks

Re: Routing for heavy trucks

mrchris, as I know Sygic has such feature (I'm not sure about their map quality in the field you mention) and there is a possibility to use their map in Wialon. Please check with support team and be informed that Sygic map is not free.

Routing for heavy trucks

We support that option especially for Logistic app.

Routing for heavy trucks

Hello Chris mrchris,

We have recently received a request for a development that would allow us to lay routes for trucks, taking into account the restrictions applied to certain road sections (maximum permissible weight, dimensions, etc.). I would like to say that we find the request very interesting and useful.

But there are a few nuances. Apart from rework routing at Wialon, we need a source from which we will receive the necessary information. Since our Gurtam maps have no information about such restrictions, and we also do not have sources from which we can receive them and add them to the maps, we need a map source that has such information. The main problem for all map providers who have information about restrictions for trucks and can transfer them to other systems is their coverage. For example, we can use Yandex or 2GIS maps for some regions of Russia, or Here maps for the USA and Canada.

I have a few questions for you in this regard:
1. Do you have information about which maps could cover your needs? If you provide us with such information, we could do a little research and see if we can support them (learn about API availability, conditions of use, coverage, etc.).
2. Which application do you need to improve (web, mobile application, logistics)?

I would greatly appreciate your answer.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon