Create the export tracking function in KML format

Тема: Create the export tracking function in KML format

Dear Sirs,

In the "Tracking" functionality on Wialon there is the function of exporting track in KML format to electronic fence, but we also need to have the option of exporting detailed tracking in KML format. Is this possible?

Thank you!

Regards

Ronaldo Moura

Re: Create the export tracking function in KML format

ronaldomoura, please explain what you exactly mean. Unfortunately I can't understand.
BTW, if you mean exporting units track to KML please follow this procedure:

1- Execute unit track for desired period.
2- Click on "Save as Geofence" button/icon.
3- Export created geofence to KML

Dear hhamed. Simple, we need to export the vehicle detailed path in a KML file and not path draw as an electronic fence on the map only.Thank you for your help.

ronaldomoura, which details you need to have in the path? Why what I have suggested can't solve your problem?

(04/08/2020 18:01:36 отредактировано ronaldomoura)

hhamedk , I need the  vehicle identification and details of the route. For this reason it is not possible to use your suggestion. I had tried this way, but it does not solve the question.

Dear ronaldomoura , Unfortunately I can't understand what you exactly want to do. I don't want to insist on my suggestion but I need to know what you exactly mean when you say:

Vehicle Identification
Details of Route

Please explain and we all in forum will try to find a solution for your case.

Where you want to use exported route (in KML or any other format)?
What is the goal of exporting routes?

hhamedk, thank you for your help!

Dear ronaldomoura,

The first question is why do your customers need to export the data? You have mentioned in the initial message that customers export that data to have some sort of report. But why do they need it? They could use Wialon to track any kind of information. And build any report they need.

Do they use another system for tracks visualization? Is it not possible to process in Wialon? It would be great to understand where is the initial problem.

Now back to the kml exporting problem. As far as I understood - once the kml file is uploaded somewhere - customers see only visualization of the track, without any details.
So what kind of info do they need? There are multiple characteristics of the unit in Wialon, but none of them are unique (except of the internal id which is not displayed anywhere in the system), which may cause misunderstanding if some units have same names, for example. However, the name of the unit is exported and in the file it is placed between <name> tag of the <Folder> parent tag.

In the file you have sent to us via email - the competitor is exporting the same data: the coordinates of the unit and time. The only difference is that is it possible to see each point of the message on the map with the time in the details. Please see the examples in the attached files. I have imported the file you have sent and the file from Wialon to the My Google Maps. You could see that not much data is shown for the competitor's track.
While in Wialon tracks is it possible to see speed, time, details of the units etc (see picture 3 Wialon track).

К сожалению, у вас не достаточно прав для просмотра данного текста

• Create the export tracking function in KML format
Maryia Paklonskaya
Wialon Business Analyst

"The important thing is not to stop questioning" (c)