New Gurtam Maps layers

Тема: New Gurtam Maps layers

Hi everyone!

Yesterday we released a huuuuge update of Wialon Hosting and its headliner is a couple of new layers for Gurtam Maps.

These layers are Gurtam Maps Vector and Gurtam Maps Vector modern style. As you might have already understood they are vector ones. Just take a look at how nice they look like:

New Gurtam Maps layers

But nice look and feel is not the only thing that is great about vector layers and the new style. As long as map is one of the main components of the platform (in most cases it occupies 70-80% of the screen space) and Gurtam maps is the most popular map provider among our users (around 50% of users are working with it), we really strive it to be up-to-date from the technological point of view as well. The advantages of vector layers in this regard is that they are uploaded quicker and more smooth and you will no longer see the tiles uploading one by one. Besides, it will become easier to add different styles to Gurtam Maps and some of them is already available. There are also other things like fractional zoom that is possible to be implemented now as we have the vector layers.

So I invite you to try the new layers and especially the new style. To turn it one just click on the Select map and layers setting and select the new layer:

New Gurtam Maps layers

And share your feedback about it. You can post it below or send your e-mails to mars@gurtam.com. In case you notice any errors, I would appreciate you sending us messages to support@gurtam.com.

Later on we will also promote the new layers among the end users and add the instrument within the platform that could immediately send us feedback on the vector maps instead of writing an e-mail.

P.S. Within a year or so we plan to remove the current Gurtam maps layer (which is raster one), only if we are sure that everyone is satisfied with how vector layers work. So the more feedback you give us, the better smile

• New Gurtam Maps layers
  • New Gurtam Maps layers
Maria Starikova,
Wialon Hosting Product manager, Gurtam

New Gurtam Maps layers

Re: New Gurtam Maps layers

mars, great job! We have found a bug in new vector GM and have passed it to support team. I hope they solve it soon.

New Gurtam Maps layers

Hi Hamed, hhamedk.

yes, we have seen it and will try to solve. thanks for the feedback!

Maria Starikova,

New Gurtam Maps layers

Hola,

too many icons in my opinion...

http://prntscr.com/tnytko

Locating things

New Gurtam Maps layers

locationGPS
Pablo, the same number of icons is displayed in the old Gurtam Maps - https://prnt.sc/tp30qh.

Maria Starikova,

New Gurtam Maps layers

new ones bother more, just that.
np. client will not realise
thanks

Locating things