Wialon Local backup

Тема: Wialon Local backup

hello,

does anyone having experience in backup wialon local in a semi automated procedure?
I'm trying to create e backup procedure to be used by "normal" user not requiring specific linux/wialon knowledge.

any help and suggest is welcome

kind regards
Ezio Dozio

Wialon Local backup

Re: Wialon Local backup

edozio wrote:

does anyone having experience in backup wialon local in a semi automated procedure?
I'm trying to create e backup procedure to be used by "normal" user not requiring specific linux/wialon knowledge.

If you you mean running a backup server, you can do it with Wialon documents easily even with minimum knowledge of Linux OS.
But if you mean restoring backup files from backup server to main one, unfortunately there is no way to do that without Linux access. BTW, you can write a script for that to make it easier. We can write such script for you if you want or you can do it yourself. Please explain what you exactly have in your mind to check all possible solutions and provide you more information.

Wialon Local backup

Hello,

It's seems that the procedure "Using Backup Server as the Main One" could be used only one time, than there is to reinstall completly from scratch OS and Wialon Local...
this mean that if on the same machine there is also the storage backup there is to reinstall that as well.

does anybody have any smart idea?

Ciao
Ezio

Wialon Local backup

Hi edozio

WL backup needs OS for execution. Theoretically you can rune the backup script on same machine but with different storage but this is not the way GT recommended it, I guess.

Wialon Local backup

Hi,

OK, let me better explain my problem. I've to provide a kind of "HA" application for Wialon Local, so I've installed a second Wialon Local according to the instruction and also the wialon storage backup.
when I try to turn on this installation something fails (of course the main wialon is powerd off), I can access to the backend but there is no way to activate the service: cms and portal.
I was lucky one time that after the 3rd update (the same update for 3 times) the system start.
but I can't have a stable situation and I can't find in the log any clear indication of the failure.
for example searching in the logs from the last test I found these:

Jun 17 17:17:35 wialon-local kernel: [   31.098884] adf_service[1129]: segfault at 101e71529 ip 00007f715944004e sp 00007fff1b8dce68 error 4 in libc-2.24.so[7f71593bc000+195000]

and

2020/06/17 17:17:21 [error] 586#586: *1 connect() failed (111: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream, client: 10.35.1.28, server: 10.35.1.61, request: "POST /avl_evts HTTP/1.1", upstream: "http://127.0.0.1:8022/avl_evts", host: "10.35.1.61:8025", referrer: "http://10.35.1.61:8025/wialon/post.html"

supposing there is a broken update I try probably 5 times to apply the 516MB of update, but at the end the result was unchanged.

regards
Ezio

Wialon Local backup

edozio currently we do not have solution to switch backup server to main one in semi-automatic mode, but we work on it.

As for errors - it is not typical software behavior, and updates are not the reason. Please send request to support@gurtam.com with access to server - we can check what goes wrong.

Also check if ipv6 is disabled on server, sometimes it is the reason of 111 error.

Wialon Local Expert

Wialon Local backup

Hi,
I've reached this topic searching for similar issue. We are also looking for solution for high-availability Wialon Local service. The current solution with backup as main is not exactly covering this, as there will be downtime until the Local is updated on the backup. Also all custom settings and sites have to be configured on the backup. At the end - when the main is operational again, there should be another downtime for DB sync.
I endorse sela's answer, as we are keen to have HA solution.

@edozio - did you made any progress the matter?

Wialon Local backup

Hi,

I was able to reduce the downtime by keeping in sync some directory where the config is stored, but still there are other consideration (and configuration) to do. Is it better to disable the automatic update otherwise what may happens is that the standby wialon local doesn't run the same modules version. This mean extra time to download and update the modules.
I tell you is not easy to have the HA in Wialon Local.

still working on it