Automatic visualization of an object when rights over it

Тема: Automatic visualization of an object when rights over it

Hello,

I would like to recheck the actual rule that every time we add an object to a user or account you must click the ALL or the +, not only in the web but also click the "eye" in the app to see the object.

it s a common sense that if we give rights on a device to a user, that user should see the object, if not we will not give the right on it.

We have many many calls regarding this issue (even clients who gave up the service as the object was not installed but yes it was in their accounts and user but they did not know as it was not seen).

Could you please check this tool and make it inverse?

it will save a lot of calls and explanations to not only new clients but actual clients who make new installations.

Thanks

Locating things

Re: Automatic visualization of an object when rights over it

yea,
also if you create a new account and add objects.

Wolf.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

Hello partners and GT, I support the idea.

Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

I support this idea but I prefer it as an option in user setting to add units automatically or by user request.

hhamedk oh no, another check box...

Maria Starikova,
Wialon Hosting Product manager, Gurtam

so, will you make us all happy, healthy and more richs persons (spiritually of course) than we actually are?

Locating things

locationGPS
Pablo, I have a question to you. Сan there be cases when units do not need to be actually added to the work list?
and other partners please also add your ideas if any.

Maria Starikova,

yes, there can be filantropic clients which buy our devices and pay for them but never want to see them in the list...

just that cases... smile

As they say in Lithuania, Thankas a lotauskas

Locating things

hi Pablo, locationGPS
I have been thinking about your request for a very long time, as you see. and have also addressed this topic of yours on the same matter.
once again, I want to say that currently the units are automatically added to the work list of a user creator as long as such a behaviour corresponds to the recommended service structure while the parents users of a user creator do not see the unnecessary elements and there is no necessity to load the monitoring page for a huge number of users.

besides that, I want to remind you of such a workaround as filtering work list according to the time the last message from a unit was received. in this case the unit will automatically appear in the list once it starts sending messages.

---
I have also been thinking about adding some checkbox that will manage automatic adding of a unit in the work list either on the level of a unit or on the level of a user. but I am sincerely against making the system behaviour even harder for a user and adding another checkbox to more than 600 checkboxes that already exist in Wialon. in my opinion it's user's responsibility to setup the work list the way they want it to be and do the same with repots, tracks and etc.

---
but my analysis of this suggestion is not over. I want to work a little more on the following alternatives that concern the ALL button in particular that can help solve the problem and suggest a user there are new units that can be added:

1) to make the ALL button stand out in case there are new units available and maybe even make a small notification aka 'hey, there are new units that can be added to the work list. do no miss them!'

2) give the ALL button several states. the first state is ON. which, if turned on, means that all units will be automatically added to the work list. the second state is OFF. which, if turned off, will not add units automatically.

please share your opinion if any.

Maria Starikova,

Hi Mrs. Mars, how are you?

I really appreciate you think about me, you make my day brigther today!

It is quite funny, first you tell me that it is not posible to add the feature but on the other hand you tell me you can create a tool that will make the functionallity work?  smile))

option 1), No, instead explaning clients to find ALL button I will have to explain the standing out option of the ALL button!

I would choose the Option 2

But of course, the ON state should be possible to be enabled when we create the account and apply the .wlp template please...

At least with option 2 I can Create the account and forget about the phone calls.

when do we have it ready?¿?¿?¿¿¿¿¿¿¿?¿?¿?

Bahamas is waiting for me.

thanks

Locating things

Hi Pablo, locationGPS!
what I said is that we will not implement the feature that by default all units will always be added to the work list.

however, as long as I see that there seems to be some real issue I want to try to find a solution to your task. that's why I suggest two alternatives. thank you for the feedback!

now we need time to think about which would be better a solution. it would also be great if other partners who voted for the changes could provide their feedback.

Pablo, I will let you know when we are ready with the decision.

Maria Starikova,

Hi, don t worry, I understood it.

just one important thing; Option 1 is like having it right now, clients do not know if the ALL is highlighted the purpose unless we have to explain, so we are in the same situation as know, client will call and tell "I do not see my objects" and we will have to explain about the highlighinting (¿?) of the button ALL.

Opion 2, would be the reasonable way, just enebling evertyhing auto way.

Think, how much time we actually loose with this option and how much more objects could we bring to wialon platform and make Gurtam bigger in the world!

Thanks

Locating things

Hello
how is this ¿?
thanks

Locating things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3OtzDWBwOo

Locating things

mars пишет:

Hi Pablo, locationGPS!
what I said is that we will not implement the feature that by default all units will always be added to the work list.

however, as long as I see that there seems to be some real issue I want to try to find a solution to your task. that's why I suggest two alternatives. thank you for the feedback!

now we need time to think about which would be better a solution. it would also be great if other partners who voted for the changes could provide their feedback.

Pablo, I will let you know when we are ready with the decision.

Could it not just maybe a "simple" fix such as when a new unit is added, all users who have access rights, the unit is automatically added for them and seen in the Monitoring tab?

When we add new unit/s to customers account we always send explanation of the "ALL" button but often many users are not advised by their admin and so users call us, not their administrator.

Maybe even highlight the "All" button when any new unit is added to their access, like in image?

We recently "surveyed" some of our customers with many users, 90% advise they rarely look in the Units tab, they seen this for their admin user use and manage properties from the Monitoring tab..... which explains why they not realise the new unit/s has been added.

• Automatic visualization of an object when rights over it
Onwards and Upwards!!
Knowledge, data & information is power!