Report On Geofence or Group Of Geofence

(16/06/2017 11:09:57 отредактировано teerak)

Тема: Report On Geofence or Group Of Geofence

Hello,
    I would like to ask you about the report on geofence or group of geofence
    The output column of the report same as the table "Geofences" but they want to see information by Geofence instead of a unit, how many and which unit is in a geofence of the selected period.
     The report column such as Unit Name, Time In, Time out, Duration In, Parking Duration, Off-time, Avg Speed, Max Speed, Driver and so on.

The attached file is my imagination of view report condition.
Please vote if you agree my idea.

Regards,
Mr.Teera K.
Mobile Innovation (Thailand)

• Report On Geofence or Group Of Geofence
Mr.Teera Koedchan.
Developer, Mobile Innovation (Thailand) Company Limited
“We contribute to society by delivering SECURITY and SAFETY to customers”

Re: Report On Geofence or Group Of Geofence

teerak , thanks for your proposal. We will back in case any news.

But maybe other partners have any ideas about this feature too? For what tasks such reports should be effective?

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

tata, noted and thank you.

Mr.Teera Koedchan.

Hi tata ,

few days ago, we received a requirement from others customer about geofence report that I mention in this topic.
I think it should be the standard report on Wialon platform rather than the custom report.
Please consider.

Mr.Teera Koedchan.

Hello teerak,
A new report type "Geofence" is already available. Please, try it and leave your feedback.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

(14/05/2020 20:36:10 отредактировано Fernando Brochetto)

Hello,
I have some clients already using these report types, so I have two suggestions that maybe could make the reports easy to generate.
1. Allow the reports of group of geofences execute geofences too (like group of units can generate by a unit);
2. Remove the obligation to select vehicles (no unit selected = report get data from every unit).

Thank you!

Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

Hello dear Fernando Brochetto,

thanks for your feedback on the new type of reports.

I want to provide some comments on your proposals:
1) I guess it has sense. Groups of geofences are rather dynamic elements as well as groups of units. And indeed, there is often a need to change their composition. For the convenience of reporting and eliminating the need to create a large number of geofence groups, it would be convenient to allow in reports on groups to select and geofences outside the groups.

2) This is our standard selection mechanism, which works in many tables. We have not received such a request before, so I would like to clarify the following: what exactly is inconvenient about this selection?
Performing a report on all elements at once can put an unnecessary strain on the system.  In my opinion, when executing the report, the user should understand which elements he wants to get information on, i.e. it should be a conscious choice. And if the user really wants to run the report on all the units at once, he just needs to use the 'ctrl' button to select all.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

Hello mana  smile
1) Yes, thank you!

2) I've already mentioned something about this on this topic: https://forum.gurtam.com/viewtopic.php?id=15447
When a new geofence is created, if you doesn't bind in a group, you'll have to open the report every time and select it, the same happen to vehicles, and for clients that doesn't know the platform very well, complains that the report creation/generation isnt't working right.

Fernando Brochetto

Fernando Brochetto, good day!

I carefully read your previous request. hasan.ahmed offered you the following:

create a group of geofences (called A) and add all geofences that you want to it,  change the setting of the report to make it work only on group A.

any new geofence should be added to the group and the report will work perfetly.

It is my understanding, this option suitable to you. In this regard, I have a question for you: if we added the ability to select not only an unit, but also a group of units in the report settings, would this help you to solve the problem and avoid complaints from customers?

Also, I want to point out once again that it is a bad solution to run a report on all units, because it can put a lot of load on the system and significantly increase the report run time.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

Hello mana,

if we added the ability to select not only an unit, but also a group of units in the report settings, would this help you to solve the problem and avoid complaints from customers?

Yes, despite I still think that not needing to select every unit is the best solution (generally, when a client create a report, he most of the times wants to know about every units), it will help. smile

Fernando Brochetto

Fernando Brochetto,

I have included your request in the list of product development requests

Thanks for your suggestions smile

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

Hello mana, how are you?
Is it possible to add this filter like we have in reports units>geofence?
I have a client that needs to know the time inside the geofences with engine on, but report from Geofences is better for them.

Fernando Brochetto

Hello Fernando Brochetto,

I took note of your proposal because it makes sense.
We want to analyze all our tables and add to them all the necessary filters that are missing.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon