Non Visited Geofences

Тема: Non Visited Geofences

Hello, we have some customers that wand to know which geofence was visited and which was not.

so we create a report with 2 tables:

1st table is geofences, the 2nd is non visited geofences.

the problem that we are facing is as follow:

lets consider that we have 100 geofence

1: A geofence will considered a visited geofence if the unit remain inside it for 5 min, if not it will be a non visited geofence.

2: geofences table has a min duration in its setting we can set it to 5, non visited geofences dosent has such a filtration and consider it a visited
    geofence even if the unit  was inside it for 1 sec.

3: when we compare the results of the 2 tables the customer wishes to see  the sum of visited and non visited geofenes to be 100, but some
    geofences wont appear in the report because a unit was inside some geofences  for less that 5 min..

Solution :

Add a filtration in the non visited geofences table with min duration to considered it not visited, and add the number that we want.

in our case we will put 5 min, so any unit stays in the geofence for 5 min the table will consider it as a visited geofence and dosent appear in the report, if it stays for 4 min it will consider it as non visited geofence and show it in the report.

Non Visited Geofences

Re: Non Visited Geofences

Dear Hasan,

Thank you for reaching out!

As far as I understood the problem is that the Non-visited Geofences table  does not have any "Intervals filtration" settings.

We will work on collecting more feedback non-visited geozones report's settings to improve its user experience.

At the moment I suggest using several workarounds:
1. delete the min duration settings, thus you'll have all geofences' visits. In the exported Excel file you'll be able to sort out rows with duration less than 5 minutes.
2. OR Add another table with max duration in the geozone set 4-59. You'll have a report with the missed geofences.

Please let me know if I got your idea wrong or in case anything else is needed from our side.

Thank you,
Maria

Maryia Paklonskaya
Wialon Business Analyst

"The important thing is not to stop questioning" (c)

Non Visited Geofences

Dear Mapa

thank you for your suggestions, they are all great and we will work on them till maybe this filtration be added

thank you

Non Visited Geofences

hasan.ahmed

Thank you for your understanding!

Since your initial request we have also came across other similar requests about unifying settings in the Non-visited geofences. That is why we have decided to prioritize this topic and we will be working on the improvements in the future.   

We will keep you updated in that thread.

Thank you,
Maria

Maryia Paklonskaya
Wialon Business Analyst

"The important thing is not to stop questioning" (c)