Excess of messages as a report

(29/03/2020 19:37:46 отредактировано hasan.ahmed)

Тема: Excess of messages as a report

Hello,

can you add a report that give you the number of messages for a selected unit within a selected interval?

it will be great for me to get old info that the notification wount be able to get it.

also in the report filtration you could add a  min number of messages.

Re: Excess of messages as a report

Hello,

hasan.ahmed пишет:

can you add a report that give you the number of messages for a selected unit within a selected interval?

It is possible to see number of messages in the item "Messages"  in "Statistics".

it will be great for me to get old info that the notification wount be able to get it.
also in the report filtration you could add a  min number of messages

Please clarify with more details what do you mean.

@ Oleg Zharkovsky
Customer Service / Quality Control and Training
"Timely is the best. But still better late than never."

Please clarify with more details what do you mean.

just like any report there is a filtration,

for example engine hours we could set min engine hours to a certain number.

i need to execute the report on a group of units and in front of each one i  want the number of messages for this unit.

or only the one with a min of 9000 message for the selected interval

also, the statistics will show the number of messages if i execute the report on a single unit, what i seek for is a unit group.

Hello hasan.ahmed,

currently, the benefits of such a report are not clear. Please, give some clarification on the following issues.
For what purposes do you want to use such filtration? What is the use of filtration by the number of messages?

just like any report there is a filtration,
for example engine hours we could set min engine hours to a certain number.
i need to execute the report on a group of units and in front of each one i  want the number of messages for this unit.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

Hi mana,

this will help me controll the cota of the sim card, and this is an example that may show you the benifit of the report:

lets say that all the Sim has 50MB and they recharged automatically at the start of each month, also lets say that we have 2 devices A & B

A  sends avrage of  10000 - 15000 message per day

B sends avrage 3000 - 6000 message per day

A  cota will be over before the end of the month, while B will not.

so either there is an error in the configuration of Device A  or the balance of this sim should be more than 50MB.

the filltration will only show the units that has acertine amount o messages which is more than the number set in the report filltration.

i used the Excess of messages notification and its great, but it will be better if it was as a report.

hope i made my self clear this time.

thank you & Best Regards

Hello hasan.ahmed,

thanks for additional details. If I understand you correctly, you want to control the consumed traffic. For this purpose you can use GPRS Traffic Counters job. This job allows to store the GPRS traffic counter value in the unit history, which allows you to receive reports on consumed traffic. You can read more  about this job typehere. And than you can execute a report with the Traffic table for those units, for which you want to control the traffic limit (you can find more information here).
Also you can use the Excess of messages notification, as you wrote before.

At the moment, adding such filters to reports is not necessary. As you know, when we get a request we should prove it has business value for our partners. Now it looks like new filtration has a little business value. The situation may change if more partners support your idea.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon