Showing Line items on reports

Тема: Showing Line items on reports

Hello experts,

I was wondering why there is no option to show the line items assigned to services on reports
I need to extract a report with the services and their line items, it would be very helpful.

Re: Showing Line items on reports

Dear Mahmoud_elnemr1990,

currently, there is no such ability as getting a report that will show all the line items that were used during a service. But we have been receiving the same request from other partners and I believe will return to it in the nearest future.

We have once been thinking about adding such an ability to our platform, but what stopped us then was the case when a user applies a grouping setting and then runs a report. In this situation, there will be two levels of nesting: services inside grouping and line items inside a service. We knew how it may look like in the interface, but the question was with the export file and how to display the information properly there. That's why we put it aside.

Please answer my questions that will help us when developing a solution:

- who and for what purpose in your company or company of your client uses information on the line items?

- do you need to particularly view the information in one report on the line items that were used within particular services? or let say a link from a report row to the necessary service page that will immediately show the information on the line items will be enough?

Thanks!

Maria Starikova,
Wialon Hosting Product manager, Gurtam

Re: Showing Line items on reports

Thanks Masha Starikova,

Many of wialon reports have "detailization" option with two levels, grouping and details for the subpoints, i am sure you can make it smile

who and for what purpose in your company or company of your client uses information on the line items?
Maintenance department needs this info to review the cost items and analyze it, some times same service has different cost values, so the sub tasks or parts needs to be viewed

do you need to particularly view the information in one report on the line items that were used within particular services? or let say a link from a report row to the necessary service page that will immediately show the information on the line items will be enough?

A report to be exported would be more the answer