Locator link with video streaming

Тема: Locator link with video streaming

Hello,

I have a client that wishes to send his end users a link for limited live streaming capability from inside a specific vehicle.

Basically, the same feature provided by the locator module but instead of only live tracking, the possibility of selecting a certain camera of that specific vehicle is also available for a limited life span that is already there.

This will offer a great added value for all the taxi services companies promoting safety rides.

Let me know what your thoughts are please.

Best regards,

Re: Locator link with video streaming

Hi, Dib. dibdounia

Terribly sorry for such a late reply, but better late than never smile

The general idea is clear. However, I have doubts on whether I understand the problem that is trying to be solved with the video streaming provided to end-users.

Could you please give more details on how video streaming will be utilized by taxi companies?

If we talk about taxi company dispatchers that will be following the video from the vehicles to make sure the services that they provide are safe, then they can use the existing video monitoring tools of Wialon. But again, I can hardly imagine that these dispatchers will be spending their time at work on following the video from the taxi rides. Especially taken into account that simultaneously there can be hundreds of them taking place.

---

I might be mistaken in my vision, so I will appreciate you elaborating a bit more on what is the problem your customers want to solve and who/how can actually use the functionality.

Maria Starikova,
Wialon Hosting Product manager, Gurtam

Hello Mars,

This Taxi Company provides premium services for its clients.

For example, if parents are sending their children in one of the taxis of this company, the dispatcher will send a link to the parents. This link will enable them to track the taxi (this is currently happening), and another link to view their kid inside of the taxi, up until the taxi drops off their kid.

Since Howen and Gurtam don't have an API for the camera viewing, we're looking for this solution.
Best regards,
Peter

And why making photos does not suit?
What problem parents are solving watching videos? And why hot to have a videocall?

Hello,

We tried reasoning with the client, but this is how he wants it.

They want to offer parents the ability to keep an eye on their kids while riding in the taxi.

Best regards,
Peter

create a user and give it to the person that you want to watch the kids with access to any unit that you want, lets say that he will watch them for 4 hours.

there is a job that can change the access of a user, you can use it to modify the user access, and in this way you have achieved the client need