Maintenance Module Deactivation

Тема: Maintenance Module Deactivation

Hi all

Please share your opinion about GT plan to deactivate maintenance module here.
I'm totally against this plan till:

1. Gurtam add Persian calendar (which is vital for our market) to niche applications (Fleetrun, Hecterra and Nimbus)
2. Add RTL languages support
3. Make these applications available for WL and hosted in customers servers.

(05/12/2019 21:37:26 отредактировано Fernando Brochetto)

Re: Maintenance Module Deactivation

Hello,
I think that if Fleetrun would be more integrated to Wialon wouldn't be a problem for us.
For example, my clients uses the maintenances warning that appear inside every unit profile, we need this to be kept with Fleetrun-Wialon.
Another thing that we were using that could be added to Fleetrun is the precise duration of the maintenances (HH:mm. Responsible for the app told me that will be included soon) and the calculator that we were using to calculate the metric MTTR. The intention was to use for MTBF too, but would be necessary to have the metric availability.

• Maintenance Module Deactivation
Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

(05/12/2019 14:56:14 отредактировано sralmaks)

Fernando Brochetto пишет:

For example, my clients uses the maintenances warning that appear inside every unit profile. we need this be kept with Fleetrun-Wialon.

Hi colleagues,

we have same situation with this and I'm not sure does customer will accept that can not see it's data in monitoring when hover with mouse. Very likely that he will say if we can not give him it, like it was, he will leave us. Not one customer, but few of them.
Our customers use this feature to have different reminders and the need of this function is crucial:

• Maintenance Module Deactivation

Hello all,
Our business exists because of  maintenance, so when Fleetrun came out I watched it very closely. I even shared it with a couple of customers and put a little time into it. I found that everyone that used it said, " I like using the maintenance intervals the way it is". It's easy for us to use and see and don't want to switch. I'm adding a new customer that has been waiting for 3 months as we developed a RFID solution. He said that he waited because he like the maintenance module and how easy it was. This was after he tried many companies. I can't image going to him and telling him he will not be able to use this.  This is a potential customer of hundreds of more units.

This will be devastating to our business. You must find a way to keep the maintenance module working!!!

I totally agree with all the previous post, maintenance reminders is the most complex thing my customers have to deal with, I switched from another application because the maintenance module was too complicated for the user, Wialons maintenance reminder is much simpler and can be used by most clients if they so desire.
While I understand Wialon trying to consolidate, I feel that Fleetrun has it's place for the major Companies with resources to have a dedicated person in charge of the fleets maintenance,  but not for the majority that don't have the luxury of having a dedicated person.

This decision is not helping us move forward, it's not making the existing user life easier, it achieves nothing new since Fleetrun is already available, it will only create angry calls and confusion.
As partners, may I suggest to take a survey before making these important changes.
I urge the good people at Gurtam to reconsider this ill advised decision.

inteltrack

I was totally surprised when I saw (and see everyday when opening the cms) the message of deactivate maintenance module. As I explain to my Gurtam account manager, the module of maintenance in the unit is a very easy and simple act for a customer who has only 3 thing to remind : kms, hours and intervals. Everytime I have demonstrate FleetRun, no one of our customers agreed the solution, they find it as an "ingeneer solution" not a "user solution".
Even if personnaly for my own company we have used it a litlle at the beginning but not either now because it's too heavy to use daily.
The strenght of wialon is the simplicity, and the power of features and algorithms, and it must be stay like that !
Maintenance module in the unit is perfect for small companies, who they are the heart of customers of Gurtam and their partners, (remember the Gurtam marketing presentation with who is the common customer !).
The other stuff is that for a truck company, they just have to take a look to the unit menu to seee how many kms remains before works, or any others maintenance tasks, not to open a new app in a new window with a huge wasting time in a daywork.

Please, reconsidered your position about maintenance module in unit, because I'm afraid that many of our customer quit the solution to go to the competitors. And if we lost our customers, Gurtam will lost their partners. CQFD

(11/12/2019 17:48:41 отредактировано locationGPS)

We are offering a unique platform which is offering all the entire options a fleet can have.

If we start to spread out the services we are breaking the strengh of the platform.

you want to develop Fleetrun, ok, but do not harm the clients.

Can you imagine how much time do we have to spend now explaining clients how is the new tool?

i suppose you will know but link to a manual for clients do not work in the majority of clients...not thinking when you have to travel to make the presentations.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

please reconsider your position.

What will be the next then? tractors cannot work in Wialon, just in Hecterra!?

Tjhanks

Locating things

It looks like I share similar concerns with some other partners here.  The integrated maintenance module, in its current state, is simple to use and does enough to cover most of our users' needs.  Switching them over to Fleetrun would require them to learn (and us to train), a completely separate app.  Giving people more features than they actually need could lead to confusion and more calls to our support team.  Fleetrun could be a great add-on to users with advanced maintenance monitoring requirements, but I believe the majority of users (at least ours) prefer to keep it simple.  I was surprised to see this decision and would prefer for the service intervals to stay integrated with the unit settings the way it is now.

There’s a saying: if it ain't broke, don’t fix it.

One of the biggest challenges that I see with this implementation of Fleetrun is that partners are going back to our paying customers and asking them to invest in learning a new platform.  Moreover, I don’t believe that Fleetrun is ready for commercial release.  I see a number of issues with the user experience (UX).  To add, our customers must now click into a new application to use the same features that they already had been used to in the original system – so this isn’t really an improvement, in that regard.  It also appears that we are introducing them to a new platform, which I am concerned about because it now means we must support these added features.

In sum, this implementation is not well received; it puts partners in a very difficult position to provide an explanation for something we don’t truly understand or want; additionally, we have to make the investment to support the new training for our customers and our customers also have to make that same commitment to training their staff.

The additional learning investment wouldn’t be an issue if the software had a mature UX and there was a clear value-add to the customer – and if the customer wanted it.

I guess it's time for GT to get involved in this post and discuss more with partners. I have same feedback from other partner from Whatsapp who may didn't have time to wrote here. Removing maintenance module doesn't seem good idea and we are asking Gurtam to revise about the decision.

Dear community,

Firstly, I would like to introduce myself to those of you who might not know me. My name is Maria, being the person responsible for the development of Fleetrun and Logistics, I am also the one who coordinates the process of maintenance module deactivation. Just in case there is some feedback that you would like to share with me personally, please do not hesitate to e-mail me at mars@gurtam.com. I am open to having a conversation.

Another thing is that starting next year I will join the Wialon Hosting team in the role of a Product Manager and will dedicate my efforts to leading the evolvement of the core Wialon platform.

Being now the representative of both Wialon Hosting and Fleetrun, I am interested in making all possible for the best decision to be settled on the maintenance module deactivation.

---

Secondly, I would like to ensure everybody that none of your concerns uttered in this forum section as well as in the WhatsApp chat or per e-mail is ignored. We thoroughly study all the feedback we receive. And thank you for this.

It is obvious that the decision regarding our next steps will amongst other things take into consideration everything that we hear from you.

---

Thirdly and finally, unfortunately, there is no information contradicting the previously provided in the CMS and e-mails that I can share you with at the moment. I will appreciate you giving Gurtam some time to determine the strategy.

As soon as I have whatever kind of an update, you will be the first one to learn about it.

---

Maria

Maria Starikova,
Wialon Hosting Product manager, Gurtam

Hi,

As all other Gurtam partner's.

We are not pleased about this announcement.

As you know we have customers using these maintenance notification because they are simple to use and the customer stay on the main interface to manage all tools.

I saw many customers who works with others tracking applications who have many externals APP's and the customers look to come with us because we've a all tool in one main solution.

The other point we have is we need to contact customers one on one to explain the changing and too explain why we didn't talked about that with them before to have their opinion on this tools.

The customers don’t want to have a lot of information but some notification about maintenance and recall and like to stay in the application, if the customer want more they use a dedicated fleet maintenance software or we can provide him Fleetrun as alternative.

Thanks,
Regards.

NTS

The concept of having a dashboard module for maintenance is a great idea and our customers will love that part of it.  However, before the dashboard will be useful for them they have to know how to set up the intervals and enter the services.  Even before you get to the FleetRUN module, the process of activating the fleet, giving access rights, adding service objects, etc is quite cumbersome.  The fact that you cannot update the unit mileage counter from fleetRUN is a problem.  Customers also like to see the service state in the monitoring panel.  With FleetRUN this is lost.  The flexibility of different measures to be taken when a notification triggers is lost.  The flexibility of configuring the report template is lost. Adding custom text to the report or notification email is also lost.  In the hosting interface when you create a service interval you enter the last service information at the same time as creating the interval.  In FleetRUN there is no option to enter the last service information when creating the service interval and it's not obvious that you have to go to the services tab and create a new service with type 'closed'.  I have notifications enabled for all service states but when I get one for closed service it's a bit confusing because the title in the body of the email says service due, but when the service is listed below, the state is closed.

With a bit more time, I think we could get to a point where some of our customers will like to switch to FleetRUN, but I don't think the current maintenance module should be shut off.  I think many of our customers are resistant to change at first, so if we force it on them, they will not like it - even it is better.  But if we give them the option and slowly migrate them at their choosing, I think it will be received much better.   Best case scenario for us is not shutting down the current maintenance module and we can choose who and when to migrate to FleetRUN.  If not possible, the the next best scenario is to give us more time before the current module is shut down.

Hi.
In our case, the impact of deactivating Maintenance will be very strong, because customers prefer it because it is simple to manage, in the monitoring option they see their units and also see the maintenance notices and notifications also arrive in the same window .
If the goal is to use Fleetrun, then keep updating, but you should definitely leave Maintenance without updates, just like this, customers want to continue using it.

(22/12/2019 19:26:36 отредактировано hhamedk)

Hi
In addition to all other partners reasons, I'm strongly insist that our most important reason for being against this case is that we believe Fleetrun is not a complete application yet. If we, as solution providers, want to convince our customers to accept efforts of trying new solution like Fleetrun we have to be sure that it can cover most of end-user requirements in such a big community with different business fields. I personally don't see Fleetrun in such a stage and consider it a fresh solution which is need some time to get mature.
I suggest GT to keep Maintenance module as it is and keep working on Fleetrun in parallel. Sooner or later it will become a good solution but today, it's not.
Again I remind you as we are working with big companies and customers with hundreds of vehicle we need:

1. Persian calendar (which is vital for our market) to niche applications (Fleetrun, Hecterra and Nimbus)
2. Add RTL languages support
3. Make these applications available for WL and hosted in customers servers.

I want to remind that GGRCO was one of partners who has raised this case and asked GT to find a solution for lack of a real maintenance module (application) for Wialon (Around 2 years ago). But, Fleetrun is so far from what we had in our mind.

Dear community, 

Without further ado, I want to share with you the most significant news: the deactivation of the module is postponed till further notice. Thus, the date for the eventual module deactivation (July of 2020) that was provided by us earlier can be disregarded.

When in the future we decide to actually deactivate the module or abandon this idea you will be provided with the new plan, timeline and reasoning behind our actions.

I also find it extremely important to share with you some context behind the process of deactivation. I see and feel that somehow this action from our side was mistakenly taken as if we force you and your clients to move to Fleetrun. Whereas the true idea behind our desire to deactivate the module is different.

Wialon is a core platform of Gurtam with unbelievably vast functionality which naturally leads to the existence of a huge number of buttons, checkboxes and sections which make the whole product overloaded and difficult to use. Additionally, not all of the features are utilized by our users - at all or utilized to an extremely minor extent.

We understand how important it is for you to work with quick, easy, logically organized system with clear and user-friendly interface that’s why it seemed necessary to take steps towards removing the functionality that is not popular among our users, that does not bring value to your businesses and that is duplicated in several locations in the platform. Or reorganizing this functionality the way its usage becomes wider.

By moving into this direction we will also give way to the new more demanding functionality that is necessary for evolving our business and product as a whole.

The choice to start this process in the first instance turned to the maintenance module as per our data there is only 1% of units on Wialon Hosting for which the events of maintenance are registered. Besides that, we have had a lot of feedback saying that end-users are not interested in filling in the service intervals as they do not have the processes that can support this as well as do not have enough resources to enter data on the maintenance. This speaks to the fact that the maintenance that they do to their vehicles is more chaotic than properly planned and does not require any software support.

I hope that I have clearly defined the objective behind the maintenance module deactivation.

With this said, Fleetrun should be regarded as just an alternative that we suggest you using. But surely we are aware that not everyone wants to start working with Fleetrun and by no means, we want to force you.

So now with putting on hold our decision we take time to review it and define whether this is what our product actually needs to bring the most value to you and your clients.

I want to assure you that the decision that we will eventually make will take into consideration all the feedback that we have gathered from you as well as deep statistical data on how this module is used and our strategy of product development.

I appreciate your opinions and loyalty.

And… Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Maria

Maria Starikova,
Wialon Hosting Product manager, Gurtam