Use of Text Parameters and Speed Limits by Gurtam Maps in Eco Driving

(04/07/2019 01:53:00 отредактировано Fernando Brochetto)

Тема: Use of Text Parameters and Speed Limits by Gurtam Maps in Eco Driving

Good morning!
We've started using Wialon and we're loving the platform. We were already using a brazilian platform but wanted to change for something better.
Today the majority trackers we use are from Queclink: GV50, GV75, GV300, GL505, GL300, but most important, GV55.
All the alerts that the trackers from Queclink does, comes from the parameter "report_type", that is a text parameter, for example:

report_type=GTFRI - The periodic report
report_type=GTIDN - The vehicle has entered into idling status
report_type=GTSPD - The vehicle has exceeded the speed

So the text parameters are very usefull, and could be improved on the platform.
As the tracker is always checking the speed, it has the highest accuracy to determine if the vehicle has exceeded the speed, to use it on Eco Driving, and we could also use the idling parameter, temperature of sensors, RPM, and even more in eco driving.
I want to know if there is a possibility to improve the text parameters in Eco Driving.

Another improvement that could be made to Eco Driving is the addition of the road speed limits by Gurtam maps.

Best regards,

Fernando Brochetto

Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

Re: Use of Text Parameters and Speed Limits by Gurtam Maps in Eco Driving

Hello Fernando!

Thank you for your feedback! It's nice to hear about using Wialon, Ecodring.

Regarding functional, unfortunately, Ecodriving works only with number data type - integer, decimal. It's not possible to use text parameter, also almost all device send Ecodriving parameters like speed, acceleration, temperature, RPM value, events (and ect) in number format, so it's not practical to support text parameters.
For example, as I know Queclink device also can send this data in number format. You just need to use required parameters. If you don't know which parameters you can use exactly, you can write to hw@gurtam.com. Our hardware developers can help you to find (parse) exact parameter 

As for road speed limits in Ecodring: when you create criteria type 'Speeding' , the speeding are detected only  by the road speed limits (provided that the road limit is more than 30 km/h) which defined in Gurtam maps.

Diana Cheley
Wialon Hosting Expert
Gurtam

Re: Use of Text Parameters and Speed Limits by Gurtam Maps in Eco Driving

Thank you Diana!
I didn't know that the speed limits in Eco Driving were provided by the Gurtam road speed limits.
I'm going to start using HEX protocol with the trackers, so we can use just numbers.
Best regards,

Fernando Brochetto

Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br