Parameters -> Grouping by Drivers

Тема: Parameters -> Grouping by Drivers

Hello Everyone,
Good day to all, we would like to know the possibility to consider the driver in the grouping for all the report template, will this be possible?
I think this is a very important in the reporting, since we knew that driver ID is very common on the tracking and it would be good to review the details of each driver.

If I will use the template Trips or Ride, and as a driver I used 10 vehicles for the whole month of Feb2018 then it would be nice to show all the details as follow:

Group 1 -> DRIVER
          Group 2 -> UNIT (1 -10)
               Group 3  ->  DATE (Feb1 -Feb28)
                      Group 4 -> DETALIZATION
Makes sense? Hope you guys like the idea, and hope this is easy to implement on the platform. smile

Regards,
Andro

Re: Parameters -> Grouping by Drivers

Hello andro.tuason,

Thanks for your activity and sharing ideas!

Of course, your proposal makes sense, but it will be difficult to develop. The reason is following: The current structure does not suit for developing your idea. We will have to rebuild our current structure/grouping in the reports.
We added your proposal to our backlog. Perhaps, in the future,  if we decide to rebuild our reports, we will take the idea into account.

A few month ago we analyzed a request for the new table type "Rides" for driver/group of drivers reports, but this topic did not have a big activity.  So, we decided to freeze it until a better time would come. I think that the new table type "Rides" can solve your problem. If I understood you correctly, you would like to receive a report with the information about all driver's rides.
If you write your comment on that topic about the new table, maybe, some partners will support you, and we will return to this task.

Maksim Shvets
Business Analyst
Gurtam

Hi Maksim,
Thanks for the reply and good thing to know that this was proposed or discussed before in the forum.
Please keep me posted for the update.

A.

By the way I found away to do this one for now but it will be big https://www.screencast.com/t/eHCimbrwfqKS and plenty of templates.
Client really love to see based on the driver as the vehicles running 24/7.

I will propose it first then let me see what will be their feedback.

A.

Hello,

Hope everyone is having a great time, I would like to ask or followup this request if it's being considered?
More and more client is asking to have a driver filter, another request was the IDLING, however this can be found on Unit Type report only.

Andro

Hello, Andro.
Your idea about grouping by drivers looks practical. But facts, that we have, don't assist this improvement. Neither the topic that shve mentioned before, nor this post had no support from the community. The common statistics don't show much interest to Drivers information in reports (reports by a driver take less than 1% from all reports in Wialon). So we have not enough reasons to promote this functionality now.

You mentioned a driver filter as a possible solution for your tasks. They are available in most reports. So I hope you'll use them and get the result anyway.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam