Private Trip and cancel location in Wialon

Тема: Private Trip and cancel location in Wialon

Hello , I hope every body has a merry Christmas
During the last quarter 2017, we met a lot of Customer who are interested by hardware devices uploading vehicle information as kilometers , at what time the vehicle start and stop (trip) , error code from OBD , fuel consumption....
They could use Wialon but they do not want to have location on the web platform
Why ?  because in France a lot of big companies does not want to have conflict with employee and trade union about location or for renting car company they don't have the right to track their customer.
We have  the French CNIL ( commission about IT and freedom ) and we have a lot of law to protect employee and people.
But European Wialon dealer need to be careful because a part of these rules and law could be shared by the European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS)  and a lot of European countries could have the same problem in 2018. https://edps.europa.eu/data-protection_en
In France ,for a lot of employee using tourism car even van ( as sales people or technical people or admin people ) they have the right to cancel the location at any time when they judge  that they are in private trip.
It exist different mean to cancel the location but the standard one well accepted is a button in the car.
It why we need a private device coming from the hardware to cancel the GPS location.
Gurtam has already develop a solution but this solution has some restriction : only with Rupela device  and necessity to use a Dallas key for private trip.
So we would like to improve it to use it with any device with a digital input available.
Now we are thinking that we could have good opportunity to develop more and more Wialon with big fleet  ( 500 to 1000 cars and more) if we could have 2 news functionalities in Wialon:

1)  In the Wialon CMS  the possibility to cancel the location for an account .
  So in this case we keep  the main functionalities of Wialon and the ability to calculate  kilometer by GPS  but without seeing a vehicle on the Map ,without address report ,but keeping geofence to have some alert by notification  , keep command like immobilization to stop a vehicle  but  without "Message" in the menu  because we can see GPS coordinate with it.
This is the market for : renting company , insurance company , fleet management company.
They only want  to know when the car is running , how many time , how many kilometer ,other sensor information and for insurance company  ecodriving information but without position
For your information a competitor like Quartix offer already this possibility. Just for give you an idea ,  in 2 month ( September and October)  we have loosed 2 customers with a total of 100 vehicles because  these 2 customer were too afraid to have location !
Following Solutrans show in lyon in November we are in touch with 2 new big customers with the same request : NO LOCATION.
2) About Wialon with location ,we understand that Gurtam want to keep the sensor "private mode" as it is, but we would like Gurtam add a second sensor private mode that have the function to cancel the location only when the sensor is activated.
If he does not work with you App Driving log book it is not a big problem for the moment but if you can in the future it will be great.
This kind of device would be mandatory more and more in the future .
This is the market for car in small and medium private company and also in public company.
In 2018  a lot of French big Cities with a lot of car are interested by Tracking solution but with mandatory Private mode.

I would like to have opinion of other Wialon reseller in Europe . As they probably know , Tomtom telematic  Quartix and other competitor have already different solution . But we are also in competition  with new operator as ARVAL ( a renting car company subsidiary of BNP)  who propose telematic platform without location
Thanks you for your attention
Georges From Geoloc Conseils France

Georges  Geoloc

Re: Private Trip and cancel location in Wialon

locationGPS,

I think that "jobs" cannot help you to solve your problem with a schedule for a sensor.  I don't know an easy way how can you change a value of a sensor using  "jobs". Maybe, our support team (support@gurtam.com) could help you with a custom solution for your problem.

Maksim Shvets
Business Analyst
Gurtam

I already made it, problem is with command mode "virtual" or "automatic"...

not possible to put both options? I mean;

I cannot create 2 jobs so I must set when there is GPRs and where is not GPRS...

If you give me right now any other option...I will apreciate it.

Thanks

Locating things

shve пишет:

GE locationGPS ,

At the current time, we have limited human resources and time for implementation this feature. That's why we prefer the initial idea: to correlate a private trip with a value of a sensor. To launch a private mode, your client can use a separate sensor for a private trip in WH, a driver binding sensor or a random status from WiaTag. So users will have an ability to use private mode, and it should be more accurate than manually edited modes. Also, the case with a scheduled private mode is more difficult to implement, so its' development is doubtful.
But we want to help you with your problem. That's why we proposed you the solution which we can do in the future updates.

Could this solution give you a chance to compete with other operators?

Best regards,

Hello
Do you have some new about this update ?

Georges  Geoloc

Hello GE ,
Not yet. We will notify you when we have any news.

Maksim Shvets
Business Analyst
Gurtam

shve пишет:

Hello GE ,
Not yet. We will notify you when we have any news.

Hello  , i know you have done a lot of improvement since beginning of the year , may be you have started to work on this issue ?

Georges  Geoloc

Hello. We plan to start this improvement in a quarter. So it would be great if we could discuss it on our Telematics conference personally.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

again

WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Locating things

can it be earlier? I will make a bigger WUHU if so... I need already this sollution.

btw, with this feature. I already forgot the previos request about it. i understamd Km will increase when routes are private, correct???

Thanks

Locating things

locationGPS, Km will increase when routes are private, it's correct.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

good...2020 Wuhu¿?

Locating things

When you got this kind of requirement dont' hesitate to contact us.
We have read this requirement today at 8:15 and now 11:58 we got it implemented.
What we do:

- Possibility to cancel the location for an unit or account. (Not in CMS of course but in a paralell site, it could be your own cms.yourdomain.com if you want)
-we keep  the main functionalities of Wialon and the ability to calculate kilometer (Not by GPS, but trip odometer of the unit), without seeing a vehicle on the Map ,without address report , thus without geofence so no alert by notification regarding this either. keep command like immobilization to stop a vehicle and  without see GPS coordinate on "message". (because there is no lat lon data)
-You can know when the car is running , how many time (as difference between on and off), how many kilometer (internal odometer),other sensor information. We haven't test ecodriving information yet, but there is no position if is working on private mode.
So we got everything but NO LOCATION.

We have test this with lmu3030 but can be any device that track trips, we can also extend the functionality to others device without this feature, getting the difference between the last 2 gps positions, but of course this will take a little more than 3 hours of development. tongue
If you want to enable, disable the private mode with a button we can map this to any input. We didnt' this in the test because lmu3030 has no inputs, but is easy to implement for us. Schedule private mode? sure no problem.

Regards

• Private Trip and cancel location in Wialon
  • Private Trip and cancel location in Wialon
Desarrollo e integración de sistemas
System development and integration
Разработка системы и интеграция
www.techdev.cl

Hello "Techdev",
Thanks for your proposal but I have a question..how do you enable automatically this private / public trips¿

I also found how to act on the HW to solve this situation but the problem is that when I automatize this by Wialon, device must be connected every 5 secs at least to get the task.

This is why I am asking for this development. in the best of cases the command to act on the HW takes those 5 / 10 seconds BUT if the device is in a place with no coverage all this work is lost.

there is also one more problem, the high consume of MB as it is always sending data...

thanks!

Locating things

techdev пишет:

-we keep  the main functionalities of Wialon and the ability to calculate kilometer (Not by GPS, but trip odometer of the unit),

Could you clarify the source of trip distance (is it OBD data of the vehicle)?
Thank you.

Viktor Yarovenko
Business Analyst
Wialon

locationGPS пишет:

Hello "Techdev",
Thanks for your proposal but I have a question..how do you enable automatically this private / public trips¿

I also found how to act on the HW to solve this situation but the problem is that when I automatize this by Wialon, device must be connected every 5 secs at least to get the task.

This is why I am asking for this development. in the best of cases the command to act on the HW takes those 5 / 10 seconds BUT if the device is in a place with no coverage all this work is lost.

there is also one more problem, the high consume of MB as it is always sending data...

thanks!

Hello

We enable/disable this feature on the parallel site (cms.yourdomain.tld) it can be scheduled also. reporting frequency is not altered in any ways so no extra MBs

www.techdev.cl

yavi пишет:
techdev пишет:

-we keep  the main functionalities of Wialon and the ability to calculate kilometer (Not by GPS, but trip odometer of the unit),

Could you clarify the source of trip distance (is it OBD data of the vehicle)?
Thank you.

For the lmu3030 yes, it's the odbii data, but we can also implement this for other devices using 2 gps positions.

www.techdev.cl

flespi introduce fast and simple solution to cutoff position information when private switch is on: https://flespi.com/blog/private-data-sw … protection

The pipeline looks like this: device => flespi gateway => extra processing by script above => flespi gateway(mqtt) => wialon.

It is simple, straightforward and open source, but require some kind of IT knowledge to be activated.

At the dark side of telematics...

any new?

Locating things

I have seen that Gurtam  propose a solution with Flexpi.  Does it mean that a solution embedded in Wialon is abandoned ?
is it possible to talk about this point during Telematic  conference ?

Georges  Geoloc

Hello, GE. A solution in Wialon is not abandoned. I'd like to discuss it personally during the Telematics. Flespi is a tool that can be used as in Wialon, so in any other platform.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

tata пишет:

Hello, GE. A solution in Wialon is not abandoned. I'd like to discuss it personally during the Telematics. Flespi is a tool that can be used as in Wialon, so in any other platform.

Hello  I will be in the Telematics , it is also possible to talk on monday 13 at Gurtam Office

Georges  Geoloc

Hello Gurtam Team
I read the good news on the platform Thanks you very much for your implementation, it a great moment .
Now we can expand to new customer and large fleet

Georges  Geoloc

GE, glad to see your comment and thanks for your patience and help.

We've released this feature and now are waiting for your success stories.
We choose the automated realization through "Private mode" sensor settings. Try it, please.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Hi,

http://prntscr.com/l74ygx

this?

Locating things

locationGPS , yes. And option "Do not show unit location:"

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

ok,.I found it. thanks

question....i am going to use OBD devices which do not have option for sensor....can I create JOBS to make this option work on specific times?

thanks

regards

Locating things