Logging Locator Link audit trail

Тема: Logging Locator Link audit trail

Dear Gurtam Team ,

Would like to suggest to write "Locator Link" related actions to logs.
Also "restore" option for deleted locator links.

Sint

Re: Logging Locator Link audit trail

i think it could be part of the locator "app"... like a wastebin where you see ONLY manualy deleted Links....

Wolf.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

ysv, please, confirm, if I understood you right. You would like to see when and who have created / updated / deleted locator link. E.g. to build a report with type "Log" by a user and see there all that data.

Could you also share your reasons and cases, when such a report could help?
We had the idea to log actions with a locator, so your request is a good support for the theme.

But we have no requests for restoring links. I don't know real cases when such feature could be useful. Also, we have no ready mechanism for restoring tokens. As it won't be easy to do it we should be confident in the necessity of this feature for our partners.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

tata ,
ysv, please, confirm, if I understood you right. You would like to see when and who have created / updated / deleted locator link. E.g. to build a report with type "Log" by a user and see there all that data.
Yes, exactly this is what I meant.

Could you also share your reasons and cases, when such a report could help? -
Recently we had a case where one of our client's locators  links were deleted (about 120) , and we wanted to create a report with details such as  date / time this happened and user who was responsible for this.
And there were couple of requests from customers , where they wanted a way to find out what were the created locator link under his account ( resource) who create / when was created / when was updated and when was deleted)

In case if a large amount of locator links were deleted by users ( accidentally or purposely) It will really helpful to have a way to restore them.

Sint

Thanks for explanations, ysv

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam