Report on Units Group for Geofences

Тема: Report on Units Group for Geofences

Hi GT

A customer has a group of units which visit some geofences everyday (most of time they visit more than one geofence and visit one geofence more than one time). The customer want to execute a report for each day and find when each vehicle has left each geofence for the first time. As an example the vehicle A visited geofences X,Y and Z in bellow order:

08:00 left X
08:30 left X
09:00 left Z
10:00 left X
11:00 left Z
12:00 left Y

The report should show below table for unit A:

X   >>>   08:00

Y   >>>   12:00

Z   >>>   09:00

lease help us how we can create such a report.

Re: Report on Units Group for Geofences

Hello, Hamed,

At the moment, there is no a direct way to do it in the system.
You can try to do the following:
1) Create for each unit a notification with the "Geofence" type: https://docs.wialon.com/en/hosting/user … r#geofence
1.1) Choose "Outside geofence".
1.2) Choose the notification action "Register event for unit": https://docs.wialon.com/en/hosting/user … t_for_unit
1.3) Specify a unique notification text so that you can filter out the event in the report: https://docs.wialon.com/en/hosting/user/notify/text
1.4) In the notification parameters, set the maximum number of triggerings 1 and set the time limitation interval for this parameter (click on the icon to the right of this field) from 00:00 to 23:59.
2) Add the "Events" table to your group report: https://docs.wialon.com/en/hosting/user … les/events
2.1) Set in this table filtration with the text mask.

If there would be any further questions, please write to support@gurtam.com with a link to this topic.

vean, thank you first. I have another way in my mind that works on paper but doesn't work in Wialon. I explain it and please tell me why it doesn't work:

1. Create a report for units group and add the table unfinished rides.
2. Choose only "Ride From" and "Beginning" columns.
3. Choose grouping by unit.
4. Don't select Detalization.
5. Chosse all customer desired geofences as begin points of rides.
6. Chosse the temporary geofence* as end point of rides.

*. Temporary geofence should be created previously and should be a geofence placed on somewhere we are sure that none of vehicles will visit it. Some where in Ocean, on Everest or on North pole.

What you think?

any update?

Hi

hhamedk пишет:

I have another way in my mind that works on paper but doesn't work in Wialon.

Most likely your method doesn't work because of algorithm of table "Unfinished Rides":
"A ride is considered to be unfinished when the unit leaves the starting point, and then, not having visited any of the final points, again appears in the point marked as the beginning. It can be the same zone from where the unit left (if circle rides are not allowed), or some other geofence with a starting point mark."
So if unit has left geofence A, but haven't visited any other geofences marked as departure point, then ride is no finished, but also is not unfinished yet.

I have an idea, how you can get requested report.

It is possible to use table "Geofences". If grouping by geofences is activated, column "Time out" displays the last time of exit, while column "Time in" displays the time of the first entrance, so both of them don't suit us. But if you have some additional geofences around the geofences under control, then entrance to these additional geofences will display the required time.

1) Let's say, that you want to control polygon geofences. You should create one copy for each of them and change it's type to "Line". Width can be 1 meter. Don't forget to add one more point to make the line enclosed).
2) To make further report settings easier create group of new geofences-lines.
3) Create new report template and activate option "Consider track-geofence intersections"
4) Add table "Geofences", choose columns "Geofence" and "Time in", activate grouping by unit and geofence, no detalization is needed. Don't forget to choose previously created group of geonfences-lines.

If my advice won't be useful for you, please, contact us via support@gurtam.com with examples of units, geofences and link to this topic.

@ Oleg Zharkovsky
Customer Service / Quality Control and Training
"Timely is the best. But still better late than never."

zark wrote:
Most likely your method doesn't work because of algorithm of table "Unfinished Rides":
"A ride is considered to be unfinished when the unit leaves the starting point, and then, not having visited any of the final points, again appears in the point marked as the beginning. It can be the same zone from where the unit left (if circle rides are not allowed), or some other geofence with a starting point mark."
So if unit has left geofence A, but haven't visited any other geofences marked as departure point, then ride is no finished, but also is not unfinished yet.

All visit points, garages and warehouse we checked as start point of rides and all vehicles will back to garages everyday, so I except it to work but don't know why it doesn't work. Seems if we check on of start points as end point in report properties it works (should double check). Is there any limitation for distance between geofences in this algorithm? (while we create a temporary geofence in ocean this geofence is thousands of kilometers far from other geofences)

Please double check what may cause this scenario not to work.

Regarding your way let me check and will write my feedback here.

hhamedk пишет:

Is there any limitation for distance between geofences in this algorithm? (while we create a temporary geofence in ocean this geofence is thousands of kilometers far from other geofences)

I don't know anything about such limits.
Still I have checked report's output for 2 geofences with 14500 km between them -- table "Unfinished Rides" showed everything correctly.

I except it to work but don't know why it doesn't work.
Please double check what may cause this scenario not to work.

If you want us to check this situation, please, contact us via e-mail.
We need the following information: user name, unit name, report name, time interval to check

@ Oleg Zharkovsky
Customer Service / Quality Control and Training
"Timely is the best. But still better late than never."