Additional columns for Geofence:Average time spent inside the geofence

Тема: Additional columns for Geofence:Average time spent inside the geofence

Hello Everyone,
I would like to share my experience for my client who normally stays on many geofences and basically the Geofence report was very helpful where we can see the time in and time out with the duration but somehow it would be good to show the average time spent on the geofence which is basically requested by many of our clients.

Andro

Re: Additional columns for Geofence:Average time spent inside the geofence

Hello andro.tuason,

Thanks for the idea!
Please, give some cases when is it useful to see an average time spent inside the geofence.

Best regards,

Maksim Shvets
Business Analyst
Gurtam

Example:

normally most of customers visits their customers to deliver some product: drinks or food, for example

Most of customers wants to see, at final of the week, the average time of their employees on this geofence, so they can understand if the work is done fast or not.

Hi Alexis,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Maksim,
Thanks for picking this subject and showing interest to my request. The idea of Alexis was right, basically our clients visits different clients (point of interest) and the company wants to know the average spent on the delivery, and not only that whenever the trucks crosses the borders here in the Middle East they have to go through many paper works in the immigration and this one also they need to know the average time stayed on every border so they can calculate and add it on their cost.

But actually all averages will be important in any of the report.
Average Time, Average KM run per day/week/month, Average (stops, parking, idling) and more. smile

Regards,
Andro

alexismr andro.tuason ,

Thank you for the examples. Now it is clear in which cases you want to use this column.

andro.tuason,
Thank you for the interest in our product.
Your idea is clear, but for me, it looks like a separate statistical report with the information on the average values (time, km, etc.) for the unit because for the average values it needs to use a different grouping of information than in the general report.
The idea was added to our backlog. We will get back to you as soon as we have any news.

P.S. I would like to notify you that in the nearest update, you will able to test a new report template design. It has to be a bit more "User-friendly" for a customer.

Maksim Shvets
Business Analyst
Gurtam

Thanks Maksim, looking forward for this enhancement.
Thanks also for sharing the new report template it looks really good.

Hello andro.tuason,
I'd like to say that now you can calculate the average time spent in the geofence by using Calculator feature.

For your case, you can create a Geofence report, add a calculator column in which you should divide "Duration in" column by "Visits" column. After that, you should group the report by geofence and in the grouped rows you will see the average time spent in each geofence.

Surely, you can customize grouping in the report settings to get information about average time spent in each geofence or in all geofences by unit.

More detailed information about this functionality you can find in the documentation:
https://docs.wialon.com/en/hosting/user … calculator

Pavel Chabai
Business Analyst, Gurtam